A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 116
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion Thread for Summer Nerd Games  (Read 112625 times)
Tags for this thread: nerdy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1000 on: July 20, 2013 07:49:35 PM »

I just realized I forgot to include the "Project Geekdom" field in my entries for June and July so far, so I just went back and edited them to correct my error.  I hope that won't screw anything up since the points haven't been updated for those projects yet, and I didn't change the bonus points I'm claiming.   Grin
Could you give me a list of any added bonuses, if any, so that I don't have to search them out.  I will love you forever! Kiss

I didn't add any, so I think we're good to go!  I just didn't say what geekdom the projects were in...probably didn't even really require me to update, I'm just a little obsessive that way.  Grin
Grin Fabulous.  And I hear ya'!  I'm the same way. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 22, 2013 07:49:16 AM »

Woo Hoo! I got my research project finished this weekend!!! Now if only I could find a camera....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #1002 on: July 22, 2013 07:53:12 AM »

Woo Hoo! I got my research project finished this weekend!!! Now if only I could find a camera....
Way to go!!!  I can't wait to see the final results. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #1003 on: July 22, 2013 08:09:13 AM »

Wow, good for you, Averia!  Looking forward to seeing it.  

My research project is going slowly!  I plan to do more felting today, trying a pre-felted moon on silk.  My challenge projects are going very slowly; I'm working on two rather ambitious portraits.  I need to try to come up with simpler projects!  Or maybe not.  I've decided  to task myself to do more difficult, better work, rather than concentrating on than quantity with this craft-along.  Originally I wanted to try to craft all the prompts, but now realize that may not happen as I have somewhat less free time lately....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 08:11:51 AM by Ludi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #1004 on: July 22, 2013 08:21:29 AM »

Yay for Averia! I can't wait to see it either. So curious...

My research project has changed a ton since I first proposed it. Things kept not going according to plan. My sloper no longer fits (I never used it much but it was there when I needed it until now  Sad ), my hands decided there was no way they were going to tolerate much feather cutting, my elderly Elna sewing machine passed away so I'm using my backup which works a large portion of the time but has several annoying quirks... But, though it's a way simpler costume now, I'm plugging along. The main item is around 50% done and the accessories will take a while but not too much can go horribly wrong with them...I think  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 08:32:12 AM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #1005 on: July 22, 2013 09:35:18 AM »

Sorry about all your setbacks, Calabaza.  Hope it all goes well from here.   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #1006 on: July 22, 2013 04:06:50 PM »

My research project is going slowly!  I plan to do more felting today, trying a pre-felted moon on silk.  My challenge projects are going very slowly; I'm working on two rather ambitious portraits.  I need to try to come up with simpler projects!  Or maybe not.  I've decided  to task myself to do more difficult, better work, rather than concentrating on than quantity with this craft-along.  Originally I wanted to try to craft all the prompts, but now realize that may not happen as I have somewhat less free time lately....

I'm starting to feel that way, too!  A lot of the projects I have posted for this craftalong are not things I would even normally bother posting on the site...just the silly little things I make all the time...but since I can make them fit the prompts I've just been figuring...why not?!  I've felt a little guilty that they're not up to snuff with all of the amazing projects others have been turning in lately, though.  I have a few bigger projects coming up, so I might end up just having to let some of the monthly challenges go...or maybe just sleep even less? Cheesy

I can't wait to see your project, Averia!  And yay for sticking with your project, despite all the setbacks, Calabaza!  I'm sure it will be great!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 04:09:30 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

Team Wordy!

« Reply #1007 on: July 23, 2013 08:11:18 AM »

Here's my third felt experiment for my Spooky Moon felting research project, a pre-felted moon shape on black silk with a light layer of dark wool.  It's my least favorite piece so far.  It's wrinkly and the moon shape is too thick and makes a weird bump.  Also, I initially tried to make a larger piece using bubble wrap as my agitator and it didn't work worth a darn, so I cut the piece down to fit my sushi mat, which works great except it's very small.  I think for my next piece I'll go back to just felt, without the silk.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #1008 on: July 23, 2013 09:22:52 AM »

...I need to try to come up with simpler projects!  Or maybe not.  I've decided  to task myself to do more difficult, better work, rather than concentrating on than quantity with this craft-along.  Originally I wanted to try to craft all the prompts, but now realize that may not happen as I have somewhat less free time lately....

I'm starting to feel that way, too!  A lot of the projects I have posted for this craftalong are not things I would even normally bother posting on the site...just the silly little things I make all the time...but since I can make them fit the prompts I've just been figuring...why not?!  I've felt a little guilty that they're not up to snuff with all of the amazing projects others have been turning in lately, though.  I have a few bigger projects coming up, so I might end up just having to let some of the monthly challenges go...or maybe just sleep even less? Cheesy

I went through this process in reverse. At first I wanted to do intensive projects, but then I sort of froze. The pressure was zapping the crafting center of my brain even though I joined the games to keep me sewing/cutting/glueing/cooking/whatever along this summer. So, I changed course and have started doing something crafty or related to craftiness every day, time-consuming or not, mostly not. As a result, I've tried new crafts and techniques, pulled out recipes when I was tempted to cave to the lure of pre-packaged food, have a bunch of new sketches and ideas to ponder, etc. It's been great and I have the games to thank for getting me going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #1009 on: July 23, 2013 12:25:53 PM »

...I need to try to come up with simpler projects!  Or maybe not.  I've decided  to task myself to do more difficult, better work, rather than concentrating on than quantity with this craft-along.  Originally I wanted to try to craft all the prompts, but now realize that may not happen as I have somewhat less free time lately....

I went through this process in reverse. At first I wanted to do intensive projects, but then I sort of froze. The pressure was zapping the crafting center of my brain even though I joined the games to keep me sewing/cutting/glueing/cooking/whatever along this summer. So, I changed course and have started doing something crafty or related to craftiness every day, time-consuming or not, mostly not. As a result, I've tried new crafts and techniques, pulled out recipes when I was tempted to cave to the lure of pre-packaged food, have a bunch of new sketches and ideas to ponder, etc. It's been great and I have the games to thank for getting me going!

That's definitely true...the Games have inspired me to try a lot of new things!  I think you're on to something with the pressure...if I'm being honest I think my issue right now just comes down to my own confidence.  I was in a slump for quite a long while, and this craftalong has really helped keep creativity at the forefront for me, and is helping stave off another rut that would be so easy for me to fall back into at any point.   But I tend to only recognize my big, intensive projects as worthy "crafting."  Of course, we are our own worst critics!  It's always an internal battle to be as non-judgement of myself as I am of others.  I've had to mentally give myself pep talks every time I've posted one of my smaller or sillier projects...like, "This is okay.  Who cares if it's silly.  It's within the rules and was born from your hands and mind!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 116 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Decorate a Bisque with Red Iron Oxide
How to make 3D tiles
How to make a Porcelain Pot with a Stained Clay Marble Effect
Finished Pieces from the Kiln
How to Throw a Small Bowl on the Wheel
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...