A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,880
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: April 2013 Ongoing Pinterest swap  (Read 3989 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 01, 2013 07:24:43 AM »

Swap name: April 2013 Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 April 2013 to 30 April 2013
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a swap mod if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a Pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow Craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your Pinterest site.  If you don't have a Pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the March swap, please do not sign up until you send. You will not be accepted. If you still have outstanding claims in any previous round, however, you can still join as long as you are not already late in sending. Also, these swaps are totally independent of each other so if you have maxed out your unreceived but not late claims in March, you can still make that number in April.

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's Pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim, send, and receive. Please include the swap name and month in your subject line! Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from. You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims. If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins. Annchen posted a great reply about this in the December swap that I highly encourage reading if you are not being claimed.

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: April 2013 Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013 06:20:02 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013 07:29:43 AM »

Discussion and Gallery

Swappers Name links to Bio
Bold = claiming more than claimed = give live!
(w) Swapper x/y/z
w = times claimed, x = claims made, y = claims in transit to recipients, z = claims received by recipient
Organizer - Jexxican - not participating
(4) gamemom42 3/0/3
(1) AmandaBL 2/0/2

(2) Belladune 2/0/2
(3) Dessadoll 3/0/3
(2) kittykill 2/0/2

(1) Glasskicker 2/0/2
(3) rscowtown 2/0/2 + extras!
(2) Grab a coffee 2/0/2
(2) redstar13 2/0/2

Due Apr 17
dessadoll --> gamemom42 for an old fashioned embroidered hoopla, and the felt mushrooms 4/16--> 4/22

Due Apr 18
AmandaBL --> belladune for her mixed media "prodigal" heart 4/16--> 4/30
Belladune --> Dessadoll for 3 coloring cases 4/9--> 4/17

Due Apr 24
dessadoll --> kittykill for a "sharpie tie dye tshirt", A felt phone cover, and some monster bookmarks! 4/24 --> 5/4

Due Apr 25
kittykill --> dessadoll for "I never finish anythi...." hoopla 4/25 --> 5/?
kittykill --> gamemom42 for a dress hoopla 4/25 --> 4/27

Due Apr 27
gamemom42 --> glasskicker for a burlap rosette wreath (and a little surprise of some sort) 4/25--> 4/30

Due Apr 30
gamemom42 --> rscowtown for the scrappy mobile 5/1 --> 5/4
glasskicker --> kittykill for a stamped metal 'cowgirl up' pendant 4/27 --> 4/30

Due May 3
rscowtown --> dessadoll for fabric bookmarks with flowers + extras! 5/2 --> 5/16

Due May 6
rscowtown --> grab a coffee for some fabric bags + extras! 5/6 --> 5/13

Due May 7th
Grab a coffee --> rscowtown for a felt bird and a bracelet 4/26 --> 5/8
Grab a coffee --> gamemom42 for crocheted squares and a felt pincushion 4/26 --> 5/10

Due May 8
*5/7redstar --> AmandaBL for for the six pocket bag on her wants board 5/9 --> 5/13
*5/7redstar --> gamemom for the girl robot on her crafty wishes board 5/9 --> 5/11

Due May 10
GlassKicker ----> rscowtown for a fabric jelly roll 4/28 --> 5/4

Due May 11
*5/7,5/8,5/16Belladune --> Grab a coffee for a random hoopla/embroidered wall hanging of some sort5/21-->6/5

Due May 12
*5/13,5/14gamemom42 --> redstar13 for a supply package5/15-->5/19

Due May 13
AmandaBL --> redstar for an anchor watercolor5/9--> 5/14

Due May 14
Dessadoll --> belladune for a mixed media canvas and a hoopla5/16-->5/18
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013 06:44:21 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013 06:49:35 PM »

Hi I'm Teresa from Georgia.  I live with my husband of 32 years and an assortment of rescued farm animals, cats, and a dog on our little pretend farm about 30 miles north of Atlanta.  Every time I do one of these bios I change it because it's fun.

My Pinterest is massive.  I have over 100 boards and thousands of pins.  The "go to" boards for the OPS and the OWS are:

Crafty Wishes/Fabric
Crafty Wishes/Yarn
Crafty Wishes/This and That
Bags, Purses, and Wallets
Hooplas to make me Happy
I Want That! (this one has a lot of earrings I like if you make jewelry.  Other than that, you'll probably use this board more for inspiration than actual projects)

There are lots of other boards that might provide anyone who wants to claim me with inspiration, like my "Bees, honey, the like" board , my "Wonderfully Whimsical" board, and my "Ornaments" board

Oh, my "In My Spare Time" boards are fair game because I will never ever get around to any of that stuff.

I try very hard to make notes on my pins giving info about sizes, colors, etc... but if you have questions feel free to ask.  I am so grateful to anyone who chooses to make things for me, thanks so much!

http://pinterest.com/teresagr/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013 06:24:17 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmandaBL
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013 04:57:26 PM »

This swap is my favorite <3

I'm Amanda. I'm 35 years old, mom to 3 boys, a dog, a cat, a fish & a turtle. I live near Tampa! I'm a stylist in the day time & at night (well, all the time) I try to keep a house of 3 adults and the aforementioned children fed & running smoothly.

my "want" board includes all the things I'd most like to get. I tried to include all sorts of projects of all different types.

http://www.pintrest.com/amandalakes
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013 05:02:59 PM by AmandaBL » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013 05:44:37 PM »

Hello! It's been a while since I joined a swap, but I'm excited to put another notch in my belt.

I'm Kara, I'm in Northern Saskatchewan Canada.  I have 3 kids (3-girl, 5-boy, (almost)8-boy) and a husband.  I'm a spinner first and foremost, so I hope you all have some yarn on your pinboards! I like to sew, crochet, and embroider too.  Feel free to choose from any of my boards, but the Crafty pretty things would be a great place to start. You could even kind of just go with the color inspiration and make me something really awesome of your own imagining!  Feel free to craft for my kids or husband (tho there's not much there for him....) as well.

Eep!  I forgot allergies!  Gluten, Sulphites, Alpaca, scents/fragrances

http://pinterest.com/belladune/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013 04:00:16 PM by Belladune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dessadoll
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013 09:18:57 AM »

BACK AGAIN!  Hello, my name is Brieanna, and I am a pinterest swap addict!

Hi all!   I'm 31.  And live in Saskatchewan Canada with my husband, 3 kids, 4 dogs, 1 cat and 2 fish.  As well working full time as a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) on an Orthopedics ward.  And yes, I LOVE my job...Honestly.  lol  A little bit about my kids in case you want to craft for them.  My oldest is Audessa (dessadoll) and she is 12, she is my biodaughter.  Our little 2 are R (boy age 7) and J (girl age 5)  They are a first nations sibling set that we adopted in 2012.  We do have 4 dogs (3 CKC Siberian Huskies, and 1 mini dachshund) as well as an orange and white very senior cat, and a black cat.  I will do my best not to send copious amounts of their fur with the projects that I send out.  I have no allergies.

As for my boards.  They are all fair game.  The best bet is wishlist....but really, if you find it else where, and I pinned it, then its something I like and would love to have.   As for my boards...I will put an * by items that I receive in swaps as they come. (I'm hoping to start a pin board of things I have got from other craftsters.)

Hope this helps...Happy Crafting!
http://pinterest.com/brieannao/

p.s. I will try to go through asap and put an asterix * by things I have already received.  But hey, if its something you really want to make me...go for it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013 03:36:28 PM »

Back again!

My name is Pam and I'm 42, live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband and 3 dogs who are our children. I work as an assistant to a forensic psychologist (interesting but stressful job). My husband had heart surgery in October and we are finally getting back to normal.

All of my boards speak to my style but I have to say that I am a cowgirl at heart. I love rockabilly and country music but my husband also plays in a bunch of punk bands. So, maybe I am rockabilly cowpunk.  Cheesy I love the rodeo and we go as much as we can. I am gearing up for spring and summer and that means a lot of time in our backyard aka Playa de Pedersen. I love the beach as much as I love small towns.

I have no allergies but I'm not a fan of cigarette smoke.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I am pretty chatty!

http://pinterest.com/kittykill/

Thanks!
Pam

PS-I should include that the Craftster video stuff I really don't need cause I made it myself and also the board "my embroidery" is well...my embroidery.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013 03:42:55 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
GlassKicker
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013 03:29:24 PM »

Hi, all!  Happy to be back in the OPS! Im Tracy from Idaho, USA.  My hubby and I have two college-aged boys and live with three furry family members a 17 year old Australian Shepherd, a 12 year old Sheltie, and the spoiled rotten baby-dog a four year old mini Aussie.  We are a non-smoking home.  We have no allergies though I might as well have a vegetable allergy.  Our boys both go to Boise State, so they are close by and often come home for weekend projects and dinners.  The oldest is currently restoring a 1980 Jeep CJ5 and the younger one races Mini Stocks at the local circle track so there are always projects to be worked on.  We own a trucking company and are huge Boston sports fans.  Vintage Jeep, generic racing themes, Peterbilt trucks, Red Sox, Bruins, and the Patriots are all great unconventional theme ideas.

I am partial to neutrals and rustic dcor, though a splash of happy color is always a welcome addition to any room.  I prefer fun functional items over knick knacks.  I am an organization junkie.   I prefer fresh, clean scents like mint and citrus to soft floral scents.  Im partial to silver over gold when it comes to jewelry.  I mostly work with fused glass, though I am learning to be better friends with my sewing machine and I love to learn new things currently grabbing my attention are metal stamping and soap making.

I've only recently discovered Craftster and thus the need to utilize Pinterest!  This means that my Pinterest is a bit small - but I will be working on it.  I tend to lose a lot of time browsing boards, and then forget to pin the things that make me go 'wow'!   Please feel free to be 'inspired by' anything I've pinned - exact duplicates are not necessary. Anything on the board is open to interpretation and I am more than okay with supply packages.  I look forward to swapping with ya'all!

http://pinterest.com/tracyinboise/

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013 03:30:26 PM by GlassKicker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

Please pray for Isabelle! Help her beat cancer!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013 01:15:26 PM »

HI all I'm Laurel from Wisconsin. Im married and we have 2 grown kids, daughter and her son live upstairs in the front of our building, son is in his soph. year of college at Lakeland just a short 15 min drive from home. We have 3 rescued dachshunds presently, i love the old ugly ones no one wants, 2 of ours have no teeth, and one had back surgery.

I am getting back into sewing/quilting and love mug rugs or wall hangings. I love fall, spring, flowers (but no roses please, long story, do NOT like them) love pansys, lily of the valley, hydranias, daisys. I have lots of empty space here in the craft room/office walls so things that hang or could hang would be awesome to receive. I have soooo much yarn, do not need more (gosh did I just say that? LOL).

My pinterest boards are here: http://pinterest.com/rscowtown/

I will make an OPS wish board to help narrow stuff down that I like. but anything on my boards is fair game, and things don't have to be exact. I am allergic to cats but unless kitty has been all over an item I haven't had any issues with anything sent to me.

Looking forward to the OPS!

Have a great day all!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013 01:27:30 PM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin

http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostessing: OWS round 107 & 108
Grab a coffee

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013 02:40:03 AM »

Hello Guys,

My name is Eszter, I am from Budapest, capital of Hungary.  I'm married, and have a wonderful son, who will be 2 years old in May. I'm always short on free time, but if I have some minutes, I am always getting a nail and some threads to my hands... generally I am working with felt and jeans - making jewelries; but I love to sew, embroider or crochet.
This will be my first swap, and it looks so exciting. Already run thru all of your Pinterest boards, and I've started to make something for someone...  Wink
Here is mine, I've made a wishlist for Craftster (it's still growing):
http://pinterest.com/lehdera/
(There are a lot of thing there which are bigger projects (e.g. some bigger patchwork quilts) - use them as 'things I want to make' - you can contribute with some smaller parts for those. You know, sometimes we just need some help to make big things Smiley)

I don't have allergies, and my favorite colors are brown, black, white and gold.

Thanks for reading, I am looking forward to craft for you guys Smiley

Love,
Eszter
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013 12:20:56 AM by Grab a coffee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nic Pizzolatto Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Steve Martin Reads from Born Standing Up
Andrew Clements Talks About Report Cards
Remixing Shakespeare
Ellen Marmur Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...