A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS round 93-96 Gallery  (Read 31380 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2013 10:50:41 AM »

I'm crazy envious of your journals!  I have so many blank journals (store bought & handmade) but I always want everyone I see, especially handmade ones that are so cute.  My favorite is the one with colorful birds so if you simply can't think of a use for that one, just send it my way. Roll Eyes

Kartiana:  I don't follow the "rules" of TM patch making well at all but it's a very forgiving little craft.  Basically I just see them as tiny art quilts and make them however I please.  I actually think that's what is so appealing about the whole TM movement, it gives you permission to not worry about wonky stitches and perfectly cut corners and such.  You just mix fabrics, threads, and embellishments and get your creative on. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2013 01:58:14 PM »

rlynn sent me a fabric package  Cheesy I love all the different colors and prints, can't wait to use them! Thank you!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2013 05:00:58 PM »

Lots of lovely packages! Smiley The tutu is so fun, and the tiny sock monkey is cute! I can imagine having some fun with the eyeball Cheesy Wonderful work on the TM patches (so creative!). Love the journals, I think my favourite is the leafy one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2013 06:12:35 PM »

Okay Kartiana; that fabric package should be your sign that it's time to make patches!  I can "see" some very fun and interesting patches with those fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2013 07:05:04 PM »

Okay Kartiana; that fabric package should be your sign that it's time to make patches!  I can "see" some very fun and interesting patches with those fabrics.

You better watch out! I might just claim you for some without knowing what I'm doing first!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
gamemom42

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2013 07:13:37 PM »

You better watch out! I might just claim you for some without knowing what I'm doing first!  Wink

Go for it!  Feel free to try it out on me, I have no doubt I would love whatever you came up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2013 12:10:16 AM »

Gamemom42, glad you like the stuff I sent.  Aria kept asking why the little catnip pillows were so stinky; she couldn't understand why cats might enjoy it. Wink

Also, Kartiana try out the TM patches.  They are fun and rather relaxing.   I made my first TM patches for one of the terribly important swaps and found that I rather like making them because they are so portable.  So much of my sewing has to be done at the machine and until they create an inflatable machine that can run off sunshine...I'm stuck inside my house for most of my crafting.  Smiley

Also, I'm glad you like the fabrics!  Smiley

I wanted to add that I love the journals.  I think you made Aria's galaxy themed journal that she still has.  I love that our house is filled with craftster love.  Smiley   
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013 12:16:48 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2013 04:56:21 AM »

rlynn:  One of our cats is an old, orange three-legged cat aptly named Tripod.  Tripod used to have a boyfriend (yes, we think we have a gay cat) whom he spent every waking moment cuddling with.  Mask, his fella, died last year and Tripod has been so sad and grumpy ever since.  He is very mean to Scruffy, my sweet old girl.  Well; when I put those new pillows down, Tripod claimed the flowered one and has decided to shower it with all the love in his sweet cat soul.  I swear I think I heard him talking to it last night (yeah, I'm that crazy cat lady).  We've had catnip pillows always and he has never once shown interest in them.  I just wanted to share that because it makes me so happy that he has found something to cuddle and love.

In other news, redstar13's halloween board is getting me fits.  I claimed for something off that board and it is filled with so many fun things I can't narrow it down.  If it were a real board I'd throw a dart and see where it lands but I don't think my computer screen would like that.  I am determined to choose something this evening and get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana

« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2013 06:25:07 AM »

I'm so glad Aria still likes that journal  Cheesy

I need a decent traveling craft box so I can start bringing small projects out with me. I have one nice sewing box but I turned it into a makeup box years ago and would need some cleaning out before I could put anything else in it  Roll Eyes but I did look up a tutorial for the patches and now I think I'll have to try them (oh the craftster peer pressure)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2013 08:45:30 AM »

I am unable to take and post photos and it really sucks.  However, I am good with words and so I will post a description of the lovely PACKAGE that I received from gamemom42 today!  She TOTALLY put a smile on my face!  Here goes:

-The note enclosed was on a beautiful papercrafted card which I am going to keep and display in my craft room.

-gamemom made me SEVENTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ribbon dance thingys for me to use in my classroom!  She made seventeen so that there would be enough for both me and my assistant to use too!  I'm guessing she used clear shower rings and looped TEN lengths of ribbon to EACH shower ring, times SEVENTEEN!  (This is especially appreciated, as I tend to not incorporate a lot of movement exercises into my day, but it is good for the students, and this will make it so exciting and imaginative!)

-A fabric drawstring bag that has a pattern of children on it! (A gift in and of itself!), with sponges that are cut up into shapes so that the students can build with them!  It was an idea that I saw on Pinterest, and loved it and she made it for me!  The bag is such a bonus, b/c now I don't need to find a place to store them!

-A package of 'Star Student' stickers!  I love stickers!  Cheesy

-A baggie full of the sweetest looking bugs...they all have big eyes and smiles on their faces!  Grin

-A crochet magazine from 1984!  Shocked  (I love it, I was 11 when that was published!  Roll Eyes)

THANK YOU SO MUCH GAMEMOM!  Your thoughtfulness and generosity is so very much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marble Cupcake Recipe By Lisa Marley
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
How to Make the Perfect Croissants
Quick Guilt-Free Pecan Pie Recipe
3 Stunning Ways to Dress Up a Store-Bought Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...