A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS round 93-96 Discusion thread :D  (Read 30382 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2013 11:16:55 AM »

I really think that it's slow because its summertime. I sat this round out cause we are super busy and I don't want to get behind in the kid swap. Sometimes lists just sit - it really isn't anyone's items, it's just timing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2013 12:04:10 PM »

hmm, just came home from shopping for a certain young man in the kids swap. I love that after swapping with texscrapper here, our kids get to swap together in a diff swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2013 12:32:11 PM »

LOL Yay!

We were beginning to shop for a little miss as well. He has his entire plan laid out which means we needed all of the supplies yesterday Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
gamemom42

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2013 01:38:04 PM »

I couldn't stand the begging  Cheesy.  Actually, I had intended to claim today anyway so the timing was perfect. 

Okay, you guys.  No making gamemom wait for 2 days while her list languishes and she has to rack her brains coming up with something to add to her list.  It's no fun to have to do that!  IF someone doesn't claim her, I will have to resort to begging on her behalf!!!  Cheesy   We have TWO weeks to get a claim out the door and the items are supposed to be mediums!!  Let's lower the expectations a little and do some down and dirty (@averia-- ha ha) crafting!  No need to stitch the Mona Lisa!  Cheesy 

p.s.  Thanks for claiming me, gamemom.  You rock!!!

Aw shucks... thanks.

And I completely agree, we have all taken going "over and beyond" to ridiculous lengths when it comes to what a medium claim is.  Of course; when we do have the extra time, that's fun too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2013 04:37:20 AM »

You're right, gamemom, that spoiling is fun!  But, I think we need to remember that a medium is A-okay!  I like plaidpineapple's mug rug request -- she wants one quality item over a couple mediocre ones!  That rocks!

My list is up again, girls!  We've got things rolling!  Let's keep it going!  Don't stress out -- pick something you can make in a couple of hours and let's get this train back on the tracks!  

p.s.  don't make me beg.  Cheesy
Edit*  gamemom got me again!  Cheesy 

p.s. My tirade about mediums doesn't mean you can't add something larger to your list -- like knitted socks.  Knitted socks take A LONG TIME to make!  But I have done them for OWS on occasion.  I'll make a pair in heavier weight yarn once in awhile.  I always have a pair of socks going.  They are my go to project for traveling and whatnot.   Once in awhile I'll have a pair finished that turned out a bit narrow or something and if someone with tiny feet puts a match on her list, I might send that out.  SO, put larger items on your list, but with a caveat.  Acknowledge that you know it's a larger item.  Beg for it, if you want.  Cheesy  I'm not above begging, as we know, but don't expect it to happen very often.  Because this is a medium swap!  Cheesy

There.  I'm done.  Sorry for the rant.  Cheesy 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013 05:28:31 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2013 06:09:21 AM »

In the spirit of bringing this swap back to mediums, maybe we should all look at our lists a bit and make sure we don't have too many larger items on the list and we do have plenty or mediums or even large smalls. If we want to attract some new swappers to the group, we have to remember that not everyone has the amazing skills of A2K. I think I will do a bit of list editing today for my own list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2013 06:40:06 AM »

In the spirit of bringing this swap back to mediums, maybe we should all look at our lists a bit and make sure we don't have too many larger items on the list and we do have plenty or mediums or even large smalls. If we want to attract some new swappers to the group, we have to remember that not everyone has the amazing skills of A2K. I think I will do a bit of list editing today for my own list.

Awwww -  *blush* you say the nicest things.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2013 06:45:11 AM »

Just to note, my comment was not specifically about anyone's list... If I had the time I would be claiming from people's existing lists left and right. In fact, I'm a little concerned cuz I really want to claim plaidpineapple for a particular mug rug and I am keeping my fingers crossed that A2K doesn't make what I was going back and forth about claiming. I just need to be sure I have the time to do it justice if I do get to claim for it some day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2013 07:06:38 AM »

Just to note, my comment was not specifically about anyone's list... If I had the time I would be claiming from people's existing lists left and right. In fact, I'm a little concerned cuz I really want to claim plaidpineapple for a particular mug rug and I am keeping my fingers crossed that A2K doesn't make what I was going back and forth about claiming. I just need to be sure I have the time to do it justice if I do get to claim for it some day.

PM me what you want to do and I'll make sure to do something else!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2013 07:55:13 AM »

A2K:  If you ever accidentally make a pair of knitted socks that are tiny (size woman's 5-5 1/2ish) you feel free to claim me for them whether I have knitted socks on my list at the time or not!  My teeny 26 year old daughter adores hand-knitted socks and I just don't have those skilz Tongue.  She wouldn't care what color or style they were and wouldn't care one bit whether they match anything or even each other!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cornrow Hair
How to Create an Amy Winehouse Beehive Hair style
Tips on Relaxing African-American Hair
How to Maintain Hair Extensions
A Guide to African American Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...