A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OWS round 93-96 Discusion thread :D  (Read 30262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2013 09:11:24 AM »

While waiting for OWS to start, consider joining the Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap!  It's a great group and some quality stuff is being offered!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2013 10:12:07 AM »

I would love to claim for stuff posted there, but I don't tend to keep anything already made on hand to offer. Sad Maybe i can figure something tiny and portable to work on tomorrow - I'm going to be at the warped tour concert? something like 100 bands playing on a bunch of different stages and I am nominally supervising a group of 15-yr-olds who will ditch me the moment we are inside. I've never supervised teens at a concert - is it bad form for me to find an empty space to settle down to read and embroider while leaving them free to wander to the various stages and only check in with me every hour or so?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2013 12:36:24 PM »

Your stay put and they check in plan seems like a feasible solution to me!  Cheesy  Good luck with that!

You don't have to offer crafted things -- supplies are pretty hot commodities!  You can also have a custom category -- with a 2 week window, it's very workable.  Plus, there is less tendency to spoil!  Someone claims from your list, and you send it to them!  Cheesy  

Hope a few of you stop by and check it out!

Looking forward to the next round of OWS.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013 02:58:28 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2013 07:12:02 PM »

We will have the next round open in a few days Cheesy Hold tight for sure we will get open shortly!! Make revisions to list and most of all have some fun!! Most of us are really good at keeping huge pintrest Cheesy so looking on each others and pinning is a great way to pass the time too LOL... UGGH! This will go in a few days ...

great ideas to be had for sure!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2013 06:43:27 AM »

chaperoning the warped tour was not what I had envisioned. I can not get over how rude one of the girls was. She told the other girls over and over about how much she hated her mother. Complained over and over that we were only going to be there 3 hours early and that wasn't nearly early enough (really?). I had to leave 10 minutes before the show was supposed to end and she called her mother (that she apparently hates) and got her to agree to pick them up after the show because leaving 10 minutes early was unacceptable. While there, she absolutely refused to come check in with me face to face. It was 3 girls and at one point, rude girl got the other girl to go with her through a gate where you could only go in as people came out and my daughter was stuck on the outside by herself in a crowd. I called the other mothers and told them I couldn't adequately chaperone their daughters. Nicer mom came to take over and couldn't get the girls to come meet her in person either and wow was she angry. My Franki and I left early because she no longer wanted to hang out with the girls who had ditched her.

but to get back to topic here... Can you believe I was the only person crafting at the main pavilion? I worked on a yarn project for a while and some embroidery, but no other knitters, crocheters or crafters of any kind were there. I brought a few projects with me including a little extra for gamemom that didn't quite make it into my last package to her. I still haven't finished it, but it is coming along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2013 07:16:26 AM »

Poor Averia.  I think any of us moms who have done that could have told you exactly how it would go.  I didn't say anything because I was hoping you would have a good experience in spite of the fact that those things never go well.  Rude teenagers are so incredibly hard to deal with.  They won't be ignored and legally you can't punch them in the face (just kidding... sort of).  My daughter had this one friend who would come into my home and critique everything from the decor to the food we bought.  After three visits of being the bigger person, I just lost it and chewed this child out.  I felt so bad; after all, I was about 25 years older than her.  It's funny though, when I see her around town she always runs up and gives me a hug and chats.  She turned out so nice and polite. 

On a crafty note, this OWS break is killing me but I think it's a good thing.  We've been doing it for so long that I think we all might have forgotten just how much we really love it.  I think this is going to make us have even more fun when we are able to get things going again. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2013 08:50:58 PM »

Thanks for the sympathy Gamemom! I think I have recovered from the concert. Tonight was my husband's company picnic at an Oriole's game. Very fun way to do a company picnic. They had a little catered barbecue deal beforehand and then the game, then there were fireworks after the game. Strangely, it seems I was again the only person crafting at an event. Am I the only person who brings embroidery literally everywhere? Tho there wasn't a lot of room in the seats so I gave up on embroidery fairly quickly and started working on a simple friendship bracelet for my daughter. When they put the band on her wrist for the barbecue she suddenly had 7 bracelets. She doesn't cope well with odd numbers (don't ask) and she needed another bracelet right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2013 10:44:00 AM »

My mom almost always has a craft project with her. But as much as I try to, most of my projects are ever small enough to take with me  Tongue although I was into crocheting some years ago and would take it with me to some places
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
gamemom42

« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2013 12:32:50 PM »

I don't enjoy crafting in public at all.  I think of that as very private, relaxing time and when I do anything in public people always ask what I'm working on and want to see.  I just don't tolerate the interference well at all.  I know that makes me sound kind of curmudgeonly but that's the way I am I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2013 07:58:18 AM »

Averia, poor Frankie just got a valued lesson in life! She now knows how crappy those girls are and she will be better off with them out of her life.. You LOL you are better then I as I would not have let them go w/o me right there. HA I was a concert kid and know what happens and can happen at concerts. My BFF dad was one of the GM/Owners of the Edgewater so that is where ALL bands stayed and that fool would give us girls a suite! WTH was he thinking?!?! LOL memories for sure but just glad nothing happened to anyone! Girl, do not offer to chap. a concert LOL you will just stress out even more...

So we will be headed to NC soon for a few weeks but I am coming to DC will stay on Andrews AFB so we have to get together!! I will only be in DC a day MAYBE 2 but I am hoping to get stuff done QUICKLY in NC so I can spend more time in DC with Alana ( hoping really my husband will keep Houston as that will NOT be fun and hard to paint and scrub and redo floors etc as we have no TV, NET or any of that down there at my house ( I have new renters going in it)

OK, we are almost ready to open the next round!!! I am glad this was a nice little break really but miss it tons!! So, get your new list done make sure 15 MED and 15 supplies..... We will open as soon as we have conformation her box is there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Simple Levitation in Photoshop
How to Create a Tan in Photoshop
How to Add Sound in Adobe After Effects CS3
How to Create Depth of Field in Photoshop
How to Create Slow Motion in Sony Vegas
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...