A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill-A-Box Lucky 13 - US Only; (SIGNUPS 3/31/13-4/7/13 ; MAIL BY 4/27/13  (Read 11137 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 31, 2013 10:57:08 AM »

Come join the FILL-A-BOX Lucky 13 Swap.  It's the perfect way to start off Springtime with a bunch of new supplies and goodies to play with!!  And you get to clear out some of those craft supplies that are gathering dust!  Woot!

Swap name: Fill-a-Box Lucky 13 Swap (aka: US Flat Rate Box Swap)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: underthemountain
Sign-up date range: 3/31/13-4/7/13
Date to send item by: 4/27/13

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: NO, limiting to 24!

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES. This is a Fill a "US Postal Service Flat Rate Box" Swap so unfortunately it is limited to individuals in the U.S. Sorry.

Age Restrictions: Over 16, as stipulated in swapping rules

As a reminder each participant must meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
**Additionally - each participant must have already received feedback for the previous round of the fill-a-box swap if you participated in it.

Details of swap:
Fill-a-Box 12 Happy New Year (US Flat-Rate Box Swap!)

Let's welcome Spring by cleaning out our forgotten craft supplies and getting new supplies to use in the coming year!  

You'll fill a MEDIUM-SIZE FLAT-RATE US Postal Service rectangular box with as much as you can comfortably jam in and send it to your partner (Don't forget the Delivery Confirmation). Information about USPS flat-rate shipping can be found here:
http://postcalc.usps.com/Default.aspx

**The $12.35 price is for 2 different flat rate boxes; one is a squarish one (11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2") and one is a flatter rectangular one (13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"). The one that most people use is the flatter rectangular one, FRB2. Because a lot of people will send 8.5 x 11 sized books and patterns from time to time, this is the preferred one and that way too everyone is on the same playing field.**

**You can use the squarish sized box if you and your partner agree to it, so long as it's the same priced box**

Gently Used supplies are fine but, please make sure that you are sending something that you would like to receive. Supplies - even those gently used - should be in good clean condition. Personally, when it comes to my own stash if I question the quality I go by this motto: "When in doubt, throw it out". If you wouldn't use it because you think it's in poor condition, chances are someone else will feel the same way.

Because of the special type of box (only $12.35 plus delivery confirmation) this is limited to US participants only and in this round I'm limiting sending to 1 box to make life easier.  The threads for this swap tend to have heavy traffic, so the use of the PM is extremely important to communicate with your organizer(s). Please be sure to PM your organizer(s) and your partner each time you send and receive. Also - I can't guarantee that I'll be able to pair you up with someone you "claim" on the thread or any supplies that are you post on the thread. I'll do the best I can to keep up though!
This will be a round robin style swap to maximize everyone's chances of getting supplies that they will be able to use.  In a round robin people are set up in chains so that A -> (sends to) B -> C ->D -> A

Sign-ups will run from 3/31/13 to 4/7/13 noon. Partners will be sent a couple days after signups close and then you will have 2 full weeks to send.  Please do not start packing your boxes until you have received your partnering.  The idea is to send supplies that reflect the wants/needs of your partners...not to merely destash.

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to underthemountain(the organizer):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Fill-a-Box Swap Lucky 13 Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Can you verify that you are over 16 years old?:

Remember that when filling out the questionnaire the more details you provide the better your match will be in terms of who you are sending to and receiving from.  Smiley

1) What types of crafts do you do?
2) Are there any specific supplies you would like to receive?
3) What types of supplies do you anticipate including in the package? Please comment on quantity as well in terms of a percentage of filling up the box.
i.e. fabric 100%, scrapbooking paper 50%, beads 10% (note this can total to more than 100%)
vs fabric 50%, scrapbooking paper 10%, beads 50%
that way if I get someone that only wants paper/fabric I'd give you the first swap partner instead of the second.  Without the percentage information I might have given you the second partner which might not be as good for you.
4) Are there any unusual supplies you plan on including?
5) Please verify that you will be sure to send a PM each time you send or receive a package (inclusive of the DC# for sent packages):
6) Are you able to take photos of things you send/receive?
7 ) Is there anything else you would like your partner to know in order to send you a great box? Wist? Blog? Allergies? Allergens?

<--- These Quick Questions make sure people are paired with people whose extra craft supplies they are likely to use.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide (found here: http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html#anchor4) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Participants!

1. underthemountain
2. DaphadillyArt
3. geekgirl1000100
4. Ludi
5. mom2em
6. ThriftyLiving4U
7. Tree27
8. hgddm
9. quaggy
10. LeapFeetFirst
11. deathbeforedishes
12. Eclectic Dreamer
13. LovelyMiss
14. noushi
15. Mamaphunk
16. thehappycrochetchic
17. thepurplewitch
18. VegasZombie
19. amnesia
20. Pupper
21. kbrison
22. Rae-mazing
23. Alatarial
24. Luckdragon

Thanks to Shadeweaver for the much of the content here.  Smiley

Partners!  --> means sending to
kbrison ->LovelyMiss --> VegasZombie--> LeapFeetFirst--> thehappycrochetchic--> Ludi--> quaggy - deathbeforedishes--> hgddm--> underthemountain- ->Alatarial->- amnesia--> Rae-mazing--> thepurplewitch--> Pupper--> ThriftyLiving4U--> mom2em--> geekgirl1000100-->Tree27- ->DaphadillyArt-->Luckdragon--> Mamaphunk--> noushi --> Eclectic Dreamer-> kbrison

Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422441
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013 07:45:57 PM by underthemountain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013 02:17:26 PM »

Yay!  I have 2 questionnaires in already! 

Let's chat!!  I've gone thru 2 paper boxes worth of stuff and will start on the rest soon.  Lots of fun crafty stuff that I've rediscovered like wine corks, small glass bottles that would be perfect for mini terrariums, and fun yarn!

What have you guys found so far?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013 02:30:46 PM »

I'm trying to decide if I should join this swap.  I have fabrics, lots of faux furs (I mean lots!  Shocked ), feathers, beads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013 03:01:08 PM »

I am working on my questionaire!  Whoo!  Totally going to join this!

I'm trying to decide if I should join this swap.  I have fabrics, lots of faux furs (I mean lots!  Shocked ), feathers, beads.

Oh, join!  I would love that faux fur!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013 03:08:05 PM »

Come on Ludi!!  Join us!!  It's going to be fun and it seems that your faux fur might already have a good home!!

Yay!  Glad you're joining in MissMoppet!!

Thanks for signing up DaphadillyArt and geekgirl1000100!  I'll add you to the swap once I get a few more people signed up.  It's much easier to add a bunch at once.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live aloha
DaphadillyArt

derp

...epic...

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013 03:17:41 PM »

I usually only buy what I will use. I know I have fabric, ribbon, and yarn just hanging out. Also some vintage books, some beads. A hodge podge really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She's a mess of gorgeous chaos and you can see it in her eyes"
"Every time I make art some do-gooder teacher sends it to a therapist" -Bart Simpson
Hoopla- Shipped
Anime/Manga rd 8- Crafting!
Video Game- stalking
TM- signing up soon!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013 03:32:40 PM »

I usually only buy what I will use. I know I have fabric, ribbon, and yarn just hanging out. Also some vintage books, some beads. A hodge podge really.

Heehee, me too, but somehow I've bought way more than I actually will use.  Smiley  Your stash sounds great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live aloha
mom2em
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013 03:46:00 PM »

I'm sending in my info now.  I have a lot of scrapbooking paper and embellishments that I hope someone can use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013 03:49:40 PM »

Joininated!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013 03:53:24 PM »

Awesome mom2em!  There are a couple of people that would love to have scrapbooking paper/supplies!

YAY!! Ludi!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live aloha
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Plump Lips and Air Dried Hair
Nicki Minaj Releases Minajesty Perfume Ad
How to Keep Your Summer Glow
Next on HardWired: Digital Dressing Room
How to Make Your Own Matte Nail Polish
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...