A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet nipple pasties ;)  (Read 2551 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sex on a Stitch
« on: March 28, 2013 07:00:14 AM »

I stumbled into making crochet pasties as a bit of a silly side project, but now I can't stop Smiley Would love to see other crochet pasties, or lingerie if anyone out there is making it?  Cheesy
I posted some pics into the gallery - first time here, so bear with me!  Thanks! Susan (Sex on a Stitch)

to change your image viewing settings please click here
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013 12:29:47 PM by jungrrl - Reason: added picture(s) to post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dingletwit
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013 09:47:03 AM »

I have a book with a knitting pattern for pasties. I can't imagine it's too hard to crochet them, is it? I think the only question would be, "how many rounds do you need?" I haven't seen a lot of crochet lingerie online. Quite a few bikinis and G-strings, but little else. I wonder why  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013 10:31:31 AM »

I would think that most of it would be too heavy to stay where it was intended, and it probably not be the most comfortable in the sensitive spots it would be near.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
dingletwit
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013 12:25:26 PM »

The book I have suggests using false-eyelash glue to hold the pasties on. I would think spirit gum would work as well. I'm not sure how any of those work in sensitive areas though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sex on a Stitch
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013 03:24:27 PM »

Yeah, there's not much crochet involved. I'm a self-taught crocheter (thanks YouTube!), so I like to keep things simple!

I think knitting must be far harder as amigurumi lends itself to making circles. How many rounds depends on how much coverage you need, I guess! Wink

I have a book with a knitting pattern for pasties. I can't imagine it's too hard to crochet them, is it? I think the only question would be, "how many rounds do you need?" I haven't seen a lot of crochet lingerie online. Quite a few bikinis and G-strings, but little else. I wonder why  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sex on a Stitch
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013 03:28:07 PM »

My burlesque friend that I've made them for have said they are OK for weight (and twirling) - I don't have much experience of such matters! She attached them with regular fashion tape, but she said that she would use eyelash glue if she was wearing them onstage - incase she was sweaty and didn't want a wardrobe malfunction!

I would think that most of it would be too heavy to stay where it was intended, and it probably not be the most comfortable in the sensitive spots it would be near.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dingletwit
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013 04:16:06 PM »

The knitting pattern says to use "knit in a jiffy round on double-pointed needles." Whatever that means. I agree about crochet being better for circles and 3D objects. I think there are plenty of places where knitting is superior, but for this sort of application crochet is the method I'd use, hands down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
manically_chic
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013 03:43:38 PM »

These are actually pretty cute. I never thought of crocheting something like this. I'm tempted now. Smiley

I just might be able to rid myself of this awkward purple yarn I haven't been able to use. ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dingletwit
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013 04:15:56 PM »

I just saw the pictures. Those are much nicer than the ones in my book!  Very nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eiyela
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013 07:54:48 AM »

kyaaaa, they're so adorable! I don't think I've ever thought of ways to incorporate nipple pasties in my wardrobe before. Hmm, worrying... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tease Your Hair
How to Henna Your Hair
How to Have Great Post-Workout Hair
How to Have Great Beach Hair
How to Choose Hair Color
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...