A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pirate/island themed living room?  (Read 5527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

emilygrace
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004 09:50:52 AM »

Oh yeah!  One more thing- those big, wrought iron lamps that hang from chains would fit nicely.   They're often at flea markets, etc. for cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eplang
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004 05:58:50 PM »

here are a few ideas...
for your lampshade, you could cut out some of the designs from your tattoo flash fabric and modge podge them onto a lampshade. And maybe add some complimentary trim on the top and bottom  of the shade, like fringe and braid, or even lace.
For your curtains, you could buy some striped fabric and make the ends look all tattered and use that for curtains, or even some guaze fabric, that's very pirate-like, right?
I think you need a mermaid something in there too...I'm not sure what, but I think mermaids are totally cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirsten
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2004 08:52:49 PM »

It all sounds fabulous - I wish I had read this post when i was planning a pirate-themed day at a summer camp.  It may be too late for your high-seas decorating escapades, but nobody mentioned using canvas and grommets and big fat rope as part of the decor, and I thought sails would make piratastic curtains. Yar. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gabbagabbahey
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004 08:38:09 PM »

I was watching viva la bam a little while ago and they were decorating a priate bar..i think it was.  They probably had a professional design team with them, because in the end it looked really cool.  I dont really remeber much about what they did, exept the started spaying normal things around the house with gold spray paint to make it look like treasure.  It was kinda funny to see the windex spray painted gold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion fades, only style remains the same.

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.

~ Coco Chanel
ashlovesrock
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005 10:47:29 PM »

you could even make a sword lamp, making the base the sword
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seetheangels

just below my skin im screaming

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005 09:59:48 AM »

how about if you really wanted to go for it you could do something like oh what do they call em - them figurines at the front of ships?? stick one of them in there somewhere! that'd show you them people on viva la bam or whatever
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was never faithful
And I was never one to trust
Borderlining schizo
And guaranteed to cause a fuss
I was never loyal
Except to my own pleasure zone
I was never grateful
That's why I spend my days alone
I am forever black-eyed
A product of a broken home
HorrorCraft
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2005 02:38:08 PM »

Oh wow, some awesome ideas. I'm sure you have already done your room but I  I am planning on doing a Pirate/Island themed room as well! 

Here is what I have planned:

I bought a fish net from Walmart to drape against a wall.

Printed out a couple of Pirate Pinups to iron-on some pillows.

I printed out some "Dead Men tell no Tales" banners, that I am going to modge podge onto the lampshades

I have a couple of urn style lamps that I am going to cover in rope http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=channel1094&catid=cat297&navLevel=3 Courtesy of Martha.

The hand-me-down coffee and end tables are honey pine and have lips on them.  So we are going to have plexi glass cut to fit inside the lips.  I am going to add some sand, fake gold coins (Party city, 10 for a dollar), seashells, possibly some pinups and a couple of treasure maps!
I was also thinking of wrapping rope around the thick nobby legs of the tables.

I'm debating if it would be worth the time and effort to make a treasure map floor cloth out of canvas.  I've never made one, so I am nervous about it.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2005 07:49:43 AM by Shattermyface » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my spooky craft and decor blog====> http://horrorcraft.blogspot.com/
my not so spooky craft blog====> http://enduremyworld.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...