A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,156
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mr. E. Rabbit's Wee Felt Egg Basket w/ Surprise Visit from Mr. E. Rabbit Himself  (Read 807 times)
Tags for this thread: felt_ornament , easter_basket  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 27, 2013 07:59:18 AM »

I don't normally decorate for Easter, but I had collected some vintage Easter decorations out of the by-the-pound thrift bins over the years and decided to put them together in a bunting.  I didn't have enough items or enough variety for a random dispersal, so I needed some balance and decided to make one item to create that.  I haven't yet put together the final bunting, but I did finish my addition to the collected items yesterday. 

It's another yarn doll to "match" the one my great-grandmother made and it's not really what I'm posting about: what I'm posting about is the wee felt basket Mr. E Rabbit carries!  Behold:

This is one of those projects that I thought wouldn't be nearly so complicated and time consuming as it ended up being, but I sure am pleased with how it turned out.  So I took lots of detail photos before I installed it on Mr. E Rabbit's arm where it would be harder to see.  And I am now sharing them with you.  Ahem.

This photo shows the bead "rivet" that would hold the handle to the basket if it weren't actually glued on.

I cut fringes in two colors of green, then accordion-folded them together to create the grass.  The eggs are made from polymer clay that I painted after tey were baked & cooled, then glued nestled into the grass:

Yet another shot, this one focusing on the woven felt strips:

And lastly a shot with a bottle cap for scale (yes, Guinness is even good for hard, working Mr. E. Rabbit):

Wait!  Who's that out in the woods!?  It's Mr. E Rabbit come to deliver some colored eggs!  Shhhh.  Don't scare him off.

He wears a vest similar to that on the lady rabbit my great-grandmother made that will be on the bunting when I'm done and a matching bow tie.  So dapper.  So classy.

There are photos of the lady rabbit that my great-grandmother made (and her fluffy tail) on the post I did for the kitties I made for a Valentine's swap, scroll down to the third entry in the thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420277.0#axzz2OkftPq1f
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013 07:59:57 AM »

That basket is adorable! You are rocking the yarn animals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013 08:04:53 AM »

Thank you, ma'am!  I still need to find eyes for Betty and Delia's yarn effigies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LisasTeaTime
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013 08:46:18 AM »

Oh my gersh, Tara! The basket & grass are the cutest!! I love all the tiny, thoughtful details that you always include in your, you're pretty amazing, mountain lady!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sometimeshomemade
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013 08:52:05 AM »

I love the basket! I saw a larger woven basket at West Elm that was similar looking (without the handle). I love the grass too. not nearly as messy as the normal Easter grass!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013 09:12:49 AM »

Oh my gersh, Tara! The basket & grass are the cutest!! I love all the tiny, thoughtful details that you always include in your, you're pretty amazing, mountain lady!

Thanks, Lisa!  It's those "tiny, thoughtful details" that make my projects more "complicated and time-consuming" than I think they're going to be.  Wink

I love the basket! I saw a larger woven basket at West Elm that was similar looking (without the handle). I love the grass too. not nearly as messy as the normal Easter grass!

Thanks!  Is the West Elm version also felt?  I hope for the sake of whoever made them and who has to keep the displays organized that they were quite a bit bigger!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sometimeshomemade
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013 08:14:43 PM »

Ha! Yes, the West Elm ones were felt and quite a bit bigger. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob
Learn how to Twist Hair - Finishing the Hairline and Styling
Learn how to Twist Hair - Learn how to Individual Twist
Learn how to Twist Hair - Learn how to Flat Twist
Learn how to Twist Hair - Sectioning the Hair for the Twist
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...