A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Whimsies Rd 12 (signups closing 4/2 at 7pm EST , send by 5/1)  (Read 47829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2013 04:14:53 PM »

I have been collecting items since this swap started!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
deadsweaters

There's no space for anything but dreaming.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2013 06:28:45 PM »

I'm a collector of all things tiny!  I have boxes and boxes of awesome things to send out!  Cannot wait to see what my partner likes!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2013 06:53:47 PM »

YAY!!!! I got feedback in time and I sent my questionnaire in!!!!!  I have to start collecting stuff now, I just have to find some!!  Where to go........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
RougeRaven
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2013 07:22:35 PM »

YAY!!!! I got feedback in time and I sent my questionnaire in!!!!!  I have to start collecting stuff now, I just have to find some!!  Where to go........

We should share ideas! My ideas so far are: Goodwill, Dollar store, and impulse buy bins. Some tiny crafts I can think of are tiny notebooks, hand carved stamps, hand made stickers, key chains, jewelry, tiny stuffies, pincushions, needle books...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
DaphadillyArt
derp

...epic...

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2013 08:24:41 AM »

I'm in!!  Can't wait to get partners! 

This is tooootally right up your alley! I bet your partner will have a blast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She's a mess of gorgeous chaos and you can see it in her eyes"
"Every time I make art some do-gooder teacher sends it to a therapist" -Bart Simpson
Shana82
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2013 08:34:01 AM »

I'm starting the way more complicated then I thought process of sorting out through everyone's info and identifying potential partners.  Nothing will be finalized until I see if any other signups come in between now and closing (7.5 more hours to get your info in!) but I am hoping I will be able to get everyone's swap partners out pretty quickly tonight  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute
Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2013 08:36:44 AM »

I'm in!  Info has already been sent in!  

Does anyone have any favorite whimsey shopping websites they would like to share?

I like Tiny Things are Cute, Alpha Stamps, and Retro Cafe Art.  

Check out Manto Fev , they have some pretty cool stuff!

Manto Fev is MARVELOUS!  Thank you !!

I found some small items at a local store, but I think that some of the other options will be more price-wise, along with some of the fantastic online options.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/cabaute/
Yay!  I had a featured project! Faux Taxidermy introducing Sheldon, the Shoebill Crane
I love personal swaps!
lindyv321
Cooking Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2013 09:07:10 AM »

I had forgotten about Manto Fev!  Another is Sky Blue Pink. 

I have been collecting whimsies since sign ups started too!  I found some cute things in the party favor section at Walmart and Dollar Tree.  I also have a rather large stash of random stuff that I can't wait to dig through.  I already know what I want to do for the "jar" and I am hoping it will work for whomever I get partnered with.

So another question... What does everyone do with their whimsies after they have been received?

I personally sort through everything and put all the beads and supplies away, then I take my favorites from the box and display them in my craft room.  Everything else goes into my ever growing stash that I like to just look through every now and again.  I have also made a small display with some favorites which is hanging on my wall and I would like to make a bigger one with my collection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2013 09:26:37 AM »

I've been stalking this swap for a while and got my questionaire in just under the wire! 

I use these swaps primarily for miniature supply collecting.  It's always really cool and inspirational to see the things people have scrounged up to send me.  My collecting generally focuses on the same types of things, so it broadens my horizons to see usable things from someone elses perspective.   I generally sort out the supplies to use in projects, or the bigger or more unique things I display on my craft room shelves until I have the right project to use them in. 

My pinterest is huge, so for stalkability I try to keep swap-relevant boards to the top, just an fyi for whoever gets stuck with me Tongue
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013 09:33:23 AM by CamOovas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2013 09:49:40 AM »

So another question... What does everyone do with their whimsies after they have been received?

I like to use the little miniatures to fill my trinket shelf, use for dollhouse goodies, make jewelry, make collage spray paint artwork like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401755.0#axzz2PKCOVm1U , card making, and to leave behind when I go geocaching. My boys swipe them at times too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Holiday Bingo
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...