A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 63092 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Anofeles
« Reply #670 on: November 02, 2013 01:10:16 PM »

Hey Kylie, sorry for such a late reaction- I usually come back to the dormitory late in the evening, totally exhausted and then I have to read some textbooks so I haven't had much time lately.
I'm superhappy to see you liked the package and whole Aussie's holiday Smiley Thanks for all the nice words! You were a great swap partner as well and I'm so happy Riki could have visited you and Australia- the country I've always dreamed of visiting (maybe I'll once get for some conference Smiley )
If you ever go to Prague you should visit all the places mentioned on your bag Wink
The biscuits are traditional spa wafers, one of popular Czech souvenirs (and my favourite sweets  Roll Eyes ) We eat them as they are, there is sweet powder inside. In winter there are many stalls where you can buy a warm one. But if you prefer them with some ice-cream, why not Smiley Did they survive? I like to give them because they look so elegant, but I suppose they are not so pretty after a trip over half a planet Cheesy
Věda nestrne = Science doesn't get old. It's the bracelet from the science fair in Brno, Moravia Smiley It glows in dark ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wildfyre
« Reply #671 on: November 03, 2013 09:53:58 PM »

Just letting everyone know that I posted for an angel for this round. If you are interested - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428806.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
Anofeles
« Reply #672 on: November 08, 2013 12:20:47 PM »

I came home today and so I could pick up the package from whenindoubtsew! And it's beautiful, I don't know how to thank you, Kylie. I'm sorry for the quality of the photos but I forgot my camera in Prague and it's already dark here.
Last autumn Riki came back from Sweden with a pretty ribbon on her flagella. I didn't believe it would stay there after all her adventures in Australia. Not only it did, Riki arrived with another, Australian ribbon Smiley !And! with two new friends. Kylie, did you craft them? Because these are the coolest stuffies I've ever seen, they are fantastic and I totally love them!!! So cute and original Smiley I'm taking them to my dormitory room so there's at least something nice Smiley And Riki too, of course. I can't wait to show her my university (I'm sure she will be popular especially at the parasitology course Cheesy )

The rest of the things. Some chocolate, nature-themed postcards (great as bookmarks for the loads of biology textbooks I must read now Smiley ), a woven bookmark, the album, a cool stamp with koala at one side and koala footprints at the other one. A kangaroo shaped charm (I've attached it on my school bag Smiley), an Australian travel bug (I can't wait to release it!!), stickers and a cute jar with pieces of Australian nature. The biologist in me is delighted Smiley And! Two wonderful scarves. I love scarves. They both are great but it's too dark here to catch their awesomeness so I'll try to take better pictures tomorrow.

This is one of them:

The other one has the text of the poem My Country on it.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me!

It's so beautiful it makes my eyes wet (I've always had weakness for these things..) although I've never been to Australia. I'm now listening to this poem as a song. Thanks for showing it to me, Kylie.
It reminded me a masterpiece of one of our greatest composers, Bedřich Smetana, who wrote a work called "M vlast"- My Homeland. This is the most famous part, Vltava (the river that runs thought Prague): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdtLuyWuPDs . It gives me the same feelings as reading your poem.

And this is the stamp Smiley

And the jar:

Kylie, thank you so much- for all the places and things (and fauna and flora!) you showed me and Riki and for all these wonderful things. I'm amazed Smiley
Riki will now spend a month with me in Prague and then she will travel with a friend of mine- he's also a biologist- to Cuba. Then we plan to visit Iceland and if I study well and get scholarship we should join an entomology expedition in Thailand next summer/autumn. All the adventures will, of course, be tracked at Riki's blog Smiley
I hope Aussie is well and will have many more adventures and experience in future- I will stalk his travels in the future rounds of this swap Smiley
Thanks once more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 08, 2013 12:31:30 PM »

Yeah - glad you liked your package  Grin I did make the kangaroo and her little joey in her pouch. I had seen the patterns by lalylala on etsy and was excited I got the chance to make one when I was thinking of things to craft for you. Lalylala calls her Kiri the kangaroo. I now want to make some of her other patterns as well!!

I will definitely keep an eye on Riki's blog. How wonderful will it be to visit all those places - so diverse. Thanks so much again for swapping with me!!  Grin
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013 11:52:11 PM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anofeles
« Reply #674 on: November 09, 2013 01:30:56 PM »

KiRi and RiKi Cheesy Good Cheesy That's awesome work, I keep showing the kangaroos to my friends proudly Cheesy Everyone agrees they are cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: November 09, 2013 02:01:35 PM »

I didn't think of that - how neat  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #676 on: November 24, 2013 12:11:20 PM »

The angel LV for dftba is having a lot of fun.

A few days ago, she went to Lanikai beach where she saw two turtles. She learned to surf and she liked it a lot. She put on a leash and paddled hard while girls were training in an outrigger canoe.

Today, she will visit Waikiki.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #677 on: November 28, 2013 04:49:25 PM »

Wow, that weather looks pretty nice right about now!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Homemade Sashimi Using Crab and Sea Bream
How to Make a Tasty Sashimi - Salmon, Tuna and Yellowtail
How to Make Your Own Dashi
How to Prepare Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad
How to Make the Perfect Long Grain Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...