A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
334 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 59365 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NathanielM93
« Reply #660 on: October 12, 2013 12:52:28 AM »

Mariquita has arrived at her new home! It was the best timing ever because I had a bad day and the package from goldfish cheered me up Smiley Look at all the awesome stuff she brought with her:

This is everything wrapped up, now she cheated because she can't have fitted all that inside the box it came in without some help from a certain doctor...
You can see the 'scrapbook' she made, it's actually envelope's with cool maps on them bound together in wich the pictures are by theme/place. And on the pictures she wrote stories and info. I really like it and I've been through it a couple of times and just keep smiling at things!
And unwrapped:

She brought lots of friends: a lot of ladybugs (the beanybaby is one I've been eying forever!) and an Ood! So I'll miss D'ood's helping hand less. A lot of info about Texas, 2 really cool crochet hats, lots of candy, 2 really pretty bookmarks, a crocheted square-thingy (whatever it's use I'm hanging it up somewhere possibly framed) that's so amazing, there's a raised ladybugpattern and Goldfish please learn me how to crochet your skills are crazy! And 2 braces (far right) that I wore ever since, they're so beautifull I love them!
You have truly been the best partner ever! Thank you so much for swapping with me and I hope you'll like your package from me too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #661 on: October 12, 2013 02:23:40 PM »

I love seeing all the wonderful goodies our Little Visitors bring home!  Each package looks like a load of fun!

Glad I could cheer a bad day, Nat!  Maybe a friend in a blue box helped, or taught me how to pack a box.  Wink If I could pop over and help you crochet I would. Grin  Hopefully the goodies will continue to brighten many days to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #662 on: October 19, 2013 08:19:58 PM »

Hi everyone!
First of all, sorry for being away from the computer for a bit...  but we are thinking about the next round (round 18!), and I am wondering if you guys would be fine with having sign-ups as early as this week (like, tomorrow, perhaps) with send outs by the 29th or 30th of October?  And then, final package sendout would be mid to late February.
Feedback is welcome!

Also, I received an amazing package and book from KodaNRoxyDogs!
Anuenue had so much fun this round in Oregon, but she's happy to be back home!  She's thinking about taking a break from traveling for a little while-- she's so exhausted!

Here's a shot of all the goodies!

ONe of my favorites is this awesome pencil holder with tree cut-outs!

There were also many delicious things... like toffee, Juanita's chips (we can't wait for the perfect opportunity to try them), local specialty nut butters, local coffee, and a bag of Cosmos (carmeled corn puffs) which somehow were MIA for this photo.....

The book was also fantastic!  Anuenue did so much fun stuff!

Thanks so much, KodaNRoxyDogs!!!

(P.S. please, everyone, remember to post pictures of your LV's once they return back home!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #663 on: October 20, 2013 04:53:19 PM »

Round 18 is now open for sign-ups!  It's a short SU period, so get your questionnaires ready!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=428417.new#new
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #664 on: October 24, 2013 02:10:50 PM »

D'Ood is home again and with such treats!

With him, he brought a number of biscuits/cookies, some wonderful Elvish lemonade, beautiful shells, an origami dragon, and many other fun trinkets.   

The album is full of wonderful stories of D'Ood's Adventures that we can't get enough of. 
D'Ood also brought a cuddly goldfish friend home from Belguim.  Goose has named the goldfish Mike, we get along swimmingly.  The sweet ladybird candle is a lovely reminder of the Little Visitor we entertained.  Such a great idea.

Thank you Nat for taking such care of our dear D'Ood!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
halogenspock
That's Mr. Goldfishpollywog to you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #665 on: October 25, 2013 01:57:43 AM »

I just returned from a trip to New Mexico and since I was not abducted by Extraterrestrials while in Roswell, I arrived home to find that Jay had returned from his sojourn... with goodies!

There was a very nice photo book of the different places that Jay went. The embroidery hoop is, of course, the diagram of the "Paper, Rock, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" game from the TV show "Big Bang Theory." That's going on the wall soon! Jay is peeking out of a mug (made by RaeRaggs!). (I should note that he rode comfortably inside the mug during his trip back home, although when GoldfishPollywog saw him in the mug, she thought it was a pincushion. Ouch!) The box next to the mug is some very nice-smelling organic coffee beans. Next to that is a jar of jam. (I made sure we have bread so I can try some soon.) The cup to the right of that is one that can be frozen to keep your drinks cold. The blue object in front to the mug is a ceramic model of an origami paper crane! A small seashell is sitting on the bag that says "Art Institute Chicago."

There are also a ton of mementos from the various places that RaeRaggs took Jay: the program from House of Blues (with wristband and access pass), the ticket and program from the Art Institute, the ticket for Spamalot, the ticket from the White Sox game, Brochures from places visited in Michigan and Minnesota.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Husband, father, geek, maker of stuff, sometime musician
koalascout
« Reply #666 on: October 25, 2013 07:04:28 PM »

here is everything i received, sorry i'm so late posting

THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #667 on: October 27, 2013 10:56:00 PM »

Alby has returned from his visit to Knoxville, bringing with him a can cozy, Moon Pie, turtle keychain from the Tennessee aquarium, an accordion/star-type photo album...and a mug made by his hostess that bears his portrait!

Behind Alby and all the way around the mug is a silhouette of the Knoxville skyline...

...and cinnamon teal did a great job capturing Alby's likeness, right down to his many stripes:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #668 on: October 28, 2013 08:55:12 AM »

That looks like a super fun package, Waterbaby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 29, 2013 04:02:52 PM »

Wow - I love seeing everyone's LV's, albums and souvenirs return!! There's some amazing stuff.

And I got an amazing package from the super-clever Anofeles yesterday  Cheesy Apart from Aussies adventures I have made a new friend on Goodreads who makes great book recommendations for me!! And fostered my love for geocaching (which I had heard a bit about but never fully appreciated until seeing some of the caches in Bohemia)

Here is a picture of my awesome swap parcel - Anofeles made the most amazing album. It is handwritten in her beautiful script and contains lots of great details and pictures plus a couple of souvenirs. My hubby loves the Czech stamps  Cheesy Magda put a seal on the last page which I didn't get a photo of though  Undecided And I am in two minds whether I am fascinated or slightly terrified by the Vodnik!!

There was also this great bag with lots of Czech references and as I discovered a lot of pockets - it was like a treasure hunt opening them all up!! I love bags and this will be a cool addition to the gang. And I love having items not many people I know would have - this is perfect

And all my souvenirs  Shocked

* a gorgeous balck and gold scarf - Anofeles and I both love scarves
* some chocolate wafer biscuits (do you think I can use them like waffles Magda with ice-cream and berries? What do you like to use them in?)
* some notepads featuring Krteček (The Mole) - an animation first seen in Prague in 1956 and a plush version was sent into space in 2011 with a US astronaut,
* some Czech matches featuring the Golem of Prague (neat!!)
* a bracelet (Veda Nest Arnei)
* pencils from Prague University (where Magda is now expanding her brain  Cheesy)
* a gemstone pendant and bag of goodies collected in various geocaches Magda and Aussie found,
* a beautiful postcard with vintage image by Alphonse Mucha

I want to say a big thank-you to Magda as well for setting up Aussies blog which has heaps of beautiful photos. I have fallen in love with the Czech Republic, the buildings and townships, historic cemeteries and nature and the art (Prague is fascinating and full of art). I hope I was half as good at keeping Riki's blog up-to-date  Tongue

Thanks again Magda for being an incredible swap partner - I am so relieved Riki has arrived back home!! I will definitely try and contact if we make it to the Czech Republic one day!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013 04:42:11 PM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Carnivorous plant swap - sent
Half a hoopla swap - sent
Lexophiles Unite - crafting
Vintage Halloween - crafting
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Mastering the Perfect Omelette
Spam Championship: Shoulder Pork Ham Is a Big Deal, Apparently
Sausage and Peppers Po-Boy Recipe
Apple-Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...