A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 59421 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #600 on: September 06, 2013 04:04:19 PM »

Not much happening over here.  Working on scrapbook and trying to drag Goose out of summer-mode and back into schoolwork.  Nervous about how the scrapbook will end up, but hopeful.

We did find a huge "flower" when we picked up HSpock from the airport.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013 04:11:20 PM by goldfishpollywog - Reason: Oops, forgot photo. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
waterbaby

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #601 on: September 06, 2013 10:26:57 PM »

Here are a few pictures taken on walks around my neighborhood while Franklin has been visiting....

Learning to carefully traverse one of the many types of cacti and other succulents that flourish here:

And just the other side of the sidewalk, a tangerine tree that seems to bear fruit almost year round:

Summer roses:

Incredibly fragrant jasmine, which release their scent after the sun has gone down, so evening walks can bring a wonderfully aromatic surprise:

And a peak at the beautiful front garden of my neighbors Joe and Loyce Braun:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #602 on: September 07, 2013 07:53:04 AM »

Your neighborhood looks beautiful! Those roses are gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #603 on: September 08, 2013 07:52:45 PM »

Anuenue and I took a last minute trip to GrantsPass to BBQ with family for Labor Day. Not many pictures, but we did make ice cream with liquid nitrogen- and I did get some pics of that! We also got out to the river last week, although I'm hoping to go check out at least one other spot!
Scrapbook is coming along, but still have plenty to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #604 on: September 08, 2013 09:52:56 PM »

Yay! It's good to see all the LVs still having fun!  I've gotten a start on the scrapbook... Need to find a few more souvenirs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #605 on: September 08, 2013 10:40:16 PM »

We went to The Florida Aquarium Sunday in downtown Tampa.

(Entrance to the aquarium)

(I laughed so hard at this sign!)

(These lobsters were huge and creepy!!)

(Largest Ray I've ever seen!)

More/larger pics here: http://anana-visits-florida.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-florida-aquarium.html

I bought the scrapbook but I haven't had a chance to go through the pics to print them yet. This week I'll start on that. I also need to run back over to one other place because I forgot to pick something up so that might be this week too.

We're going to try to have as much fun before he has to go back as possible! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #606 on: September 09, 2013 07:16:38 AM »

YAY Aquarium!!! Those are some great photos!

It has been a crazy few days at work (you know how you get a new building with all new equipment and stuff and you HOPE that this means everything will work perfectly, but really it just means that everything will have issues you've never experienced before and you have to learn how to deal with them?... it's one of those times) but hopefully, later this week, Clyde and I can have some more fun, and finish up his scrapbook, and go get an important Virginia Beach souvenir (that I would have gotten months ago but [insert secret reason for why I had to wait until now]).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
NathanielM93
« Reply #607 on: September 09, 2013 11:52:13 AM »

Crafting for gifts to send back with D'ood and preparing for the new schoolyear! Busy bees are we!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #608 on: September 10, 2013 12:29:44 AM »

Your neighborhood looks beautiful! Those roses are gorgeous.

Yes, it's a great older area of Los Angeles, mostly single family homes and some duplexes and fourplexes built between the 1910s and 1940s, the majority in the 20s and 30s.  I lucked into my apartment (in a duplex-turned-triplex) a number of years ago and have spent countless hours walking these lovely streets and admiring the sweet homes.

Continuing to play photo catch-up, here are some from a couple of theatrical outings.  We saw two shows at the Hollywood Bowl this summer, including:

We were guests of the attorney for the union local I belong to for my movie work, along with two other people from the union, and sat in one of the posh boxes rather than the higher-up-and-farther-from-the-stage bench seating my pocketbook can afford:

The evening was quite overcast, which you can see in this wide-ish shot taken while opening act Roy Ayers was performing:

It was fully dark by the time Queen Latifah took the stage:

We also went to see the musical "The Scottsboro Boys"...

...at the Music Center, a complex of professional theatres in downtown Los Angeles.  "Scottsboro" was playing at the Ahmanson Theatre, the mama bear size of the three separate stages that make up the Music Center.  Partway through the show a voice came over the loud speaker telling the cast to clear the stage.  The actors quickly and quietly left, and a several seconds later the house lights came up:

Was this part of the show?  You could feel the question buzzing through the air.  No other announcement was made.  People started standing up and looking around.  Eventually the focus turned to a back corner area of the audience where someone had apparently had some kind of medical emergency as we could see paramedic personnel back there.  After a total of maybe 10 to 15 minutes or so, the house lights dimmed, the actors took their places on stage, and the show resumed as if nothing had happened!

After the show we strolled over the the complex's plaza to watch the dancing waters, and met Sarah and Heidi who were also enjoying an after-show stop by the fountain:

Little Visitors are such fantastic ambassadors of happiness and good will: people often offer to take a picture of me and my LV, but I always ask to take of picture of the LV with them, and they always oblige!

On the way back to the parking garage, we stopped to admire the outside of my favorite, and smallest, of the three theatres, The Mark Taper Forum, which is housed in a round building that has a narrow sort of moat around the outside (those lights towards the bottom of the picture are actually under water) and inside is a semi-thrust stage with three-quarters in the round seating:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2013 12:47:42 PM »

So, I've had Sept 20 in my head as the send out date for this swap, and I was bummed because that would mean that Clyde was going to miss a SUPER HUGE IMPORTANT FUN THING (AND meeting my mom, who's coming to visit from across the country) by only a few days... but I just checked and saw that it's SEPT 30!!! So he gets to participate. And I'll even leave some empty pages at the end of his scrapbook so I can drop photos of this particular thing in there at the last minute! (Oh the suspense...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lucy Hale Makeup Tutorial: The Beauty Beat!
Ways To Use Coconut Oil in Your Beauty Regimen
Need to Know: In Style Sneakers, The Moth, and iTunes Music Festival
How To Apply Blush For Your Face Shape
Pumpkin Palooza: Hottest Beauty Products For Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...