A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 46 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 56947 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wildfyre
« Reply #470 on: July 05, 2013 09:09:12 PM »

Well Alaska has had one heck of a summer... record breaking heat and long spells of sunshine. Mel, Tom, and Rose picked an excellent summer to visit Smiley

The 4th was the one day it rained, so we didn't do much :-(

But we took advantage of the sunshine to do some hiking/sightseeing-

Rose posing with our local dormant volcano, Mt Edgecumbe, in the background.

Mel and Tom posing with the town of Sitka in the background -

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #471 on: July 05, 2013 10:37:06 PM »

Wow, Wildfyre! Gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
PaperBeau
« Reply #472 on: July 05, 2013 11:42:37 PM »

Wildfyre - you're making me want to move to Alaska so bad! The weather, the views, the salmon. It's Cornwall but BIGGER!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2013 12:33:23 AM »

Beautiful, beautiful pics of Alaska.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #474 on: July 06, 2013 09:49:52 PM »

Oh my goodness... I just realized I haven't checked in for at least a week!  So sorry, everyone!  (I teach at a year-round school, and our new school year starts on Monday, so it's been crazy trying to finish up this past year while getting everything ready to start the next one!)

time for our next challenge!

How about "strangers?"
I can't remember who suggested it, but for those of you who aren't afraid, go ahead and ask a stranger to pose with your LV!  It can be on a park bench, in a restaurant, on da bus, whatever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
Wildfyre
« Reply #475 on: July 06, 2013 11:02:44 PM »

Wildfyre - you're making me want to move to Alaska so bad! The weather, the views, the salmon. It's Cornwall but BIGGER!

Hehe Well to be fair I'm only showing it's good side Smiley Not the 1.2 Grizzly Bears per square mile that put a bit of a dent in a lot of hiking trips, the outrageous cost of everything because we live on an island, the non stop rain that comes with living in a temperate rainforest, etc.

I was worried you'd be a bit irritated with me for the salmon photos. I didn't even think about how Rose hates to harm anything until days after I posted them. It's so much a part of life here I guess it just didn't even occur to me. I'm sorry  Undecided She was a good sport, and doesn't seem to be holding it against me. I promise no fish slime touched either of the LV's.

We have a few big trips planned for August, some really exciting stuff Smiley Possibly a trip to Washington state the end of this month as well.

Hope everyone is having a blast with their LV's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
PaperBeau
« Reply #476 on: July 06, 2013 11:29:21 PM »

I was worried you'd be a bit irritated with me for the salmon photos. I didn't even think about how Rose hates to harm anything until days after I posted them. It's so much a part of life here I guess it just didn't even occur to me. I'm sorry  Undecided She was a good sport, and doesn't seem to be holding it against me. I promise no fish slime touched either of the LV's.

I think that as long as you ate them, she'll understand. Either way I don't mind - like you say it's part of life for you and that's what I want to see, Rose can go sulk in a corner somewhere if she doesn't like it Wink that'll teach her some tolerance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anofeles
« Reply #477 on: July 07, 2013 11:58:55 AM »

So Aussie has been in Kos (Greece) for a few days now, I've just talked to mom and she says they all went to a bike trip along the coastline today and saw some monuments and the Tree of Hippocrates. I quite envy Aussie Smiley They are coming back on Thursday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dftba
« Reply #478 on: July 08, 2013 10:21:14 AM »

So Aussie has been in Kos (Greece) for a few days now, I've just talked to mom and she says they all went to a bike trip along the coastline today and saw some monuments and the Tree of Hippocrates. I quite envy Aussie Smiley They are coming back on Thursday.

You're not the only one envious of Aussie lol. I image Greece is beautiful this time of year -really anytime of year! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #479 on: July 08, 2013 05:51:24 PM »

So, things are getting somewhat back to normal after our big move from an apartment to a house. I still can't find any of my dishes, or half of my things, but I am sure it will all turn up as we unpack. I DID find my laptop, so wanted to post a few pictures of Anuenue!

Not a stranger, but certainly strange! Anuenue riding the MAX in Portland. That is my strange brother, his wife, and my mommy in the background.

Hanging out at the Saturday Market in Portland

Anuenue hanging out with the dog with the Waggiest Tail in Eugene, Oregon! Loki, Anuenue and I went to Bark in the Park in May. We did a 1 mile walk with dogs, and then entered the Waggiest Tail contest. Loki won by crowd applause, and he was excited to celebrate his victory with Anuenue.

Here is Sluggo, the Eugene Emeralds baseball mascot. He was enjoying Bark in the Park festivities. We will be seeing more of him at the end of July, when we go to the annual Dog Days at PK Park baseball game, to benefit Greenhill Humane Society.

At the end of May, we went down to Grants Pass to visit my family. Each year they have Boatnik, a 4 day long celebration with a carnival, boat races, and more. Anuenue enjoyed watching the boat drags up the Rogue River:

The view from my parent's back porch never gets old. We had great weather all Memorial Day weekend.

We went to Boatnik one evening, and got some great views of the Rogue River at sunset.

Not "For Sale" anymore! This was the last day this sign was in front of our house. The next day, they removed it! I was hoping for a "Pending" sign, but they just removed the whole thing!

Things have somewhat settled down for us for now, so hoping we can get out and explore a little more soon, but wanted to share some of our adventures since Ive been in and out of internet service and super busy the past month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wear Gingham Without Looking Like a Picnic Blanket
How to Distress Jeans
Log Cabin Quilt Block Patterns
How to Pack for a Weekend Getaway
Best & Worst Dressed Billboard Music Awards 2014
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...