A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 57093 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dftba
« Reply #350 on: June 04, 2013 11:05:09 AM »

Wow, I've become an absolutely dreadful LV host. I need to get back in the swing of things--- school is out now, so I'll have more time to pay attention to Bee!

I got a quick "Where's Bee?" photo when we were cleaning the art room the last day of school. It's a pretty easy one--- I'll try to make a harder one this week.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/261395_02Jun13_IMG_1544.JPG
I also made her a tiny reflective crown, but it's sort of hard to see.

I've found myself with a ton of awesome fabric samples from the Fabric Printing Swap, and I finally got my sewing machine back up after its visit to the repair shop, so I think I'll be making some new clothes for Bee. It should be fun!

I love the little crown!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013 01:04:15 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: please do not quote pictures (remove the img tags) :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #351 on: June 04, 2013 10:44:38 PM »

Enjoying y'all's photos. Alby and I are pretty busy this week.  We'll have photos of our own to post next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #352 on: June 05, 2013 01:00:27 AM »

Sorry I've been so quiet....
We are working on a new outfit for Coccinelle and preparing for a busy next week, so Goose has been entertaining our lovely ladybird while I hook and frog. They seem to have fun!   

Playing Doctor Who!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Anofeles
« Reply #353 on: June 05, 2013 06:26:49 AM »

Me and Aussie walked to see the flood from above.

At the quarry:

More here: http://aussie-in-bohemia.blogspot.cz/2013/06/usti-pod-labem.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #354 on: June 05, 2013 09:27:41 AM »

Wow, that flooding is awful! Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Anofeles
« Reply #355 on: June 05, 2013 10:53:10 AM »

Well, the bridges are not above the water anymore but at least they are on the water.. during the worst flooding I remember, in 2002, the bridges were partially under the water. That was crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #356 on: June 05, 2013 04:51:38 PM »

We had an adventure yesterday, but sadly no pictures.  Found a cockatiel while walking the dog, and rushed it to my friend the bird rescue person.  I'm amazed I know a bird rescue person, if I'm honest, but it came in handy!  If he makes it, maybe we'll go back and visit, but pictures were the last thing on my mind at the time.

Zombie walk on Friday, though, and there WILL be pictures of that!

Horrible flood pictures - we've had an onoxious amount of rain and tons of flooding here, too though few houses were overly effected.  Mostly roads and bridges.  And one dog fell into a manhole that the storm water opened, but it has a happy ending!  The city provided the map of the storm sewer line, and the owner went manhole to manhole and opened them all, and found the dog!  A 13 year old lab.  He was tired and hungry, but okay.  Yay, happy stories!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waterbaby

« Reply #357 on: June 05, 2013 10:56:28 PM »

Anofeles, I'm so sorry about your terrible flooding.  We've got the opposite problem here in southern California (and all of the southwest US) -- not enough rain the last couple of years, resulting in very dry foliage which leads to massive fires.  Our fire "season" has gotten an early start this year, and one that's been burning for almost a week in northern Los Angeles County has consumed more than 50 square miles of forest land as well as some homes and other buildings.

But on a happier note, Franklin and I have had a little string of fun adventures, the first when some friends invited us to join them at a Greek festival -- lots of food, live music, traditional entertainments, and a small area with stuff to buy and games for kids to play.  He and I had some delicious dolmathes (stuffed grape leaves)...

...and our table amassed a fine collection of pastries....

But Franklin's favorite part was the dancing:

Opa!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2013 05:13:18 AM »

Wow Anofeles - when you said flooding you meant serious flooding. those poor people in the houses and units on the edge of the river - they probably get inundated every time  Embarrassed

I also,think its amazing that there is so much water and the sun is brightly shining for your photos - crazy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
Anofeles
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2013 06:11:22 AM »

Smeddley: Yay for the dog! Cheesy

Waterbaby: Ouch, fires sound even worse than a flooding to me.. by the way I'm happy I learnt that the commonly used form of the disaster's name is "flooding", not "flood"... I derived it from the famous quote "after us comes the flood" and have been using the noun "flood" for my whole life Cheesy (and I've learnt here some new words too!). What are the grape leaves stuffed with? I suppose rice?

Kylie: Yes, they are used to it. Whenever we have some heavy rains (once in a few years), they just say 'come on, again..' and go to empty the cellars. At least my friend who lives down there says so Cheesy
We had some horrible raining here last few days, yesterday it finally stopped and the sun popped out. The weather is very nice now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
To Write Teen Fiction You Have to Read Teen Fiction
Author Debbie Macomber on Her New Book, ‘Blossom Street Brides’
Ben Ford Demonstrates How to Test Wellness of Meat
Former Senator James Webb on Family and the Military
Jackie Collins Celebrates the Release of Her 30th Book!
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...