A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
924 Guests and 48 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 56958 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2013 04:52:27 PM »

Hi folks! Sorry it's been so quiet on my end. We've been trying to buy a house and the seller is being kind of a jerk and I think the deal is about to fall through. So no one has been having fun adventures at casa CT this week.

Instead of showing off all the paperwork and subsequent cranky faces, here's Alby with some hail from last weekend's hail storm. Smiley It was about quarter sized coming down but it melted quite a bit before I was about to sneak out and grab some. Thankfully, nothing was damaged.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #321 on: May 27, 2013 12:31:39 AM »

whenindoubt- He really enjoyed it!  I added a hint for those that don't want to strain their eyes too much!

Natasja- I'm glad D'Ood has been kept happily helpful.  He positively sings in joy at being of use when we feel ill. The projects look delightful and the strawberries sound scrumptious.

Anofeles- Hope your exams go well!

CT- Hope this week brightens for you! Glad everyone is okay after the hail.

I had to share a couple of pics of what we did on Saturday!  Coccinelle, Goose and myself went to a fundraiser that was a painting class.

Coccinelle found a canvas her size and followed along with the rest of us. I think she may have found a hobby.  Goose went with a Bluebonnet Tree and celebrated creativity with a dash of impressionism.  

In process pic of Coccinelle.  We even made a small apron so her dress would stay neat.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 04:07:45 PM by goldfishpollywog - Reason: Forgot to upload picture.... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
waterbaby

« Reply #322 on: May 27, 2013 01:41:29 AM »

Last week Franklin, my dog Bella, and I went for a hike in Griffith Park with our neighbor Stuart and his dog Dutch.  The park encompasses almost 2000 acres, and contains miles of trails (and lots of other things to do, too); we took one that goes up to the Griffith Observatory.

First, though, introductions had to be made; Dutch was VERY interested in Franklin….

We started in a nice shady area called Ferndell where there are lots of picnic areas, but soon were out on an open trail.  After rounding a few bends we had our first sighting of the observatory:

It was a hot afternoon and the trails are steep, so we were happy to find a bit of shade and take a quick rest:

From just below the observatory…

….there’s a great view down to Hollywood, central Los Angeles, and beyond:

We had originally planned to head back down from there, but were having such a good time we decided to continue on up and wander around outside the observatory:

This sculpture of the actor James Dean is up here because part of the movie “Rebel Without a Cause” was shot on the observatory grounds:

In addition to the two telescopes on either side of the roof, the observatory also houses a planetarium (the large dome in the center) and has a lot interesting and educational displays, both inside and out.  One that I only noticed on this visit is a series of narrow brass rings embedded in the concrete, some "covered" by the expanse of lawn, which are actually a model of the solar system.  Here's the starting point, where the rings are fairly close together:

The rings represent the orbits of our planets, so those marking the paths of more outer planets are pretty far away from these ones and it's easy to miss the whole thing.  Near the central orbits is a plaque depicting all the orbits...

...with this explanation at the bottom: "A scale model of our solar system crosses the observatory’s sidewalks.  The real solar system is 110 billion times larger.  In this model, one foot equals roughly 20 million miles."  !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #323 on: May 27, 2013 09:23:23 AM »

Hey everyone! Sorry for the radio silence, I've been sick since last Tuesday and it got really, really bad for a few days there. I'm finally starting to feel a little better so hopefully, I'll be human again in a few days.  Wink Being sick sucks and I haven't even left my apartment in like 4 days. Mainly, I've been sleeping and trying to take care of our foster kitten. (which is a lot of work even when you're not sick!)

I do have a pic to contribute to the "where's waldo?" theme though. It's from April I think but it still ties in nicely to the theme and I've been too sick to have a chance to get a more current one.

Thankfully, anthropomorphic pineapples are not subject to cold and flu virus so Anana is doing just fine. A little bored listening to me sneeze, cough and blow my nose but fine. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #324 on: May 27, 2013 09:30:49 AM »

Alright everyone, I thought that we could take a little break from specific challenges this week and let everyone get caught up if they want to, post shots of spring, the holidays, whatever!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 09:31:35 AM by Mountains and Clouds » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
Anofeles
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2013 10:08:08 AM »

Thanks goldfish and Riki! Grin
Today I passed two parts of my maturita exams- biology (I drew the topic about nutrition, reproduction, sexuality, evolution and growth of plants and about phytohormones) and French (I spoke about family, the easiest topic, yay!). On Wednesday I'm having the last two exams- literature and English. After all the French I've been studying lately I have problems speaking English (I mix in the French words all the time Cheesy) so wish me luck guys. There are 25 topics, if I draw the topic "Australia and New Zealand", Aussie might be handy Wink
And then- (almost) freedom and a lot of travelling all around the Czech republic! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #326 on: May 27, 2013 02:04:43 PM »

Where's Scarlett?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #327 on: May 27, 2013 04:26:50 PM »

We toasted marshmallows last night!

Clyde did a great job... he didn't burn a single one!

Blog post: http://clydeinvb.blogspot.com/2013/05/marshmallows.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
koalascout
« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2013 07:50:15 PM »

Yeah no more rain  ,  hope to get out and do something this week
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2013 02:10:33 PM »

Clyde and I got a postcard from phoenixfiredesigns and Anana!

We also spent the day working on health sciences librarian certification at the med school in Norfolk, but we're doing the rest of that tomorrow, so I'll wait until after that to share photos.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What is Almond Bark?
Easter Brownie Nests
How to Bake Raisin Scones
Lightened-Up Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
How to Bake Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...