A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
352 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 58499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013 08:46:47 PM »

We're not that polished of a troupe, but we do it for free and they get what they pay for!

Haha. Free and get what they pay for. . . I see what you did there Wink

I've never seen bellydancing, but my mom tells me I could probably do it because I like to flex my abs lol. It looks like fun.

I really love all the blogs everyone keeps. It's so awesome to see all the trouble the LVs are getting into. If anyone wants, I posted a list of the current blogs (that I could find), so you can check them all out.

I saw your list - very helpful!  Cheesy

Bellydancing is a good core workout, it also requires pretty strong legs, especially to do a lot of the backbends and flexibility for things like Turkish Drops.  You should look up some videos!  I highly recommend people try it, because it's not only a good workout, but can be great fun!

Violet Anne will be doing a LOT of bellydance before she goes home... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anofeles
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2013 04:40:04 AM »

What is that bubble tea? It looks really good.

It's either black tea with flavoured milk or flavoured green tea, you can chose from about a hundred flavours. At the bottom are either sweet tapioca pearls or little balls with juice inside so when you bite them the syrup squirts out. It's drunk with an extra wide straw so the balls fit in it. Some of the flavours and combinations are really delicious and it's fun to drink it Smiley The green one in the picture is green apple fresh bubble tea with lychee balls and pineapple jelly and the white one is taro flavoured milky bubble tea with yoghurt balls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2013 05:09:01 AM »

It's either black tea with flavoured milk or flavoured green tea, you can chose from about a hundred flavours. At the bottom are either sweet tapioca pearls or little balls with juice inside so when you bite them the syrup squirts out. It's drunk with an extra wide straw so the balls fit in it. Some of the flavours and combinations are really delicious and it's fun to drink it Smiley The green one in the picture is green apple fresh bubble tea with lychee balls and pineapple jelly and the white one is taro flavoured milky bubble tea with yoghurt balls.
[/quote]

Yum - I am so jealous!! Aussie is being spoilt - you are an awesome host Anofeles  Grin

Riki and I just watched 'Monsoon Wedding' at an outdoor screening as the start of Curryfest 2013. We live close to a place called Woolgoolga which has a large Indian Sikh community and we have an Indian festival every year. Tomorrow we will hit the markets - I can get some pictures to show as tonight was too dark and all I had was my crappy phone  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Dream catcher swap - sent
Game of Thrones swap - crafting
Science swap - crafting
Summer Nerd Games swap - awaiting partners :-)
Anofeles
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2013 06:53:01 AM »

I googled the official website of Curryfest- it sounds great! I love these multicultural events (and curry Cheesy).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2013 06:32:13 PM »

So Anuenue, my fiance Brandon, our dog Loki, and myself headed to the coast for an evening last week.We live about an hour away from the Oregon coast. We ended up in Bandon, Oregon, which is a cute little town. Even though it rained nearly the whole time, we still had a great time. We stopped at the West Coast Game Park for a bit. They have lots of animals, including free-roaming deer, donkeys, llamas, and goats. There was a pregnant pygmy goat that followed us around, she was cute. They also have baby animals you can pet and hold. They had a skunk, possum, ferrets,baby bears, and a bobcat this time. They also have a lot of big cats that you can see. This is Anuenue checking out the Siberian tiger. We spent about 20 minutes watching him, he was beautiful!

We also enjoyed the beach for a little bit, even though it was super cold and rainy. Bandon has some neat rock formations in the water. This is Anuenue and "Wizards Hat". This was on the beach right in front of our hotel.

And,here is my "something blue"post! In addition to the deer, donkeys, goats, and llamas- there were tons of peacocks hanging out at the Game Park!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2013 06:43:52 PM »

I found my something blue.  Shave ice! 
(A necessity when visiting the islands!)

Oooh.. Im SO jealous!! And that shave ice looks yummy- and blue! When I was in Maui a few years ago, I got totally hooked on a shave ice place in Lahaina. I couldn't get enough, and there was way too many flavors to try. There was one day where we drove from our hotel about 15 minutes away, paid about $5 to park just to go get one. When we came back 10 minutes later with a giant,delicious shave ice with a snow cap,the parking attendant asked us if we drove there just for a shave ice, and laughed when we told him yep! It was totally worth it, and we ended up talking to him for about 20 minutes about neat places check out. That was a great vacation day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2013 12:24:38 AM »

Picked up Hubs (HalogenSpock) from his business trip, and got to meet with Fretty as well!

Here we are waiting for everyone to get their stuff together.  They were watching me hook a bit of something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Anofeles
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2013 12:26:41 AM »

Tomorrow I'd like to take Aussie either to Litoměřice (diocese) or ښtěk (a well preserved medieval town). Not sure which one yet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2013 05:55:11 PM »

Tomorrow I'd like to take Aussie either to Litoměřice (diocese) or ښtěk (a well preserved medieval town). Not sure which one yet Smiley

He will love it  Cheesy

In about an hour we are going into town for some fish and chips with family who are staying. Later on I will update Riki's blog with our shenanigans  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Dream catcher swap - sent
Game of Thrones swap - crafting
Science swap - crafting
Summer Nerd Games swap - awaiting partners :-)
Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2013 06:52:33 PM »

On Thursday, Clyde and I needed to accompany Fiance to the EMT station to pick some things up after his shift:

More photos at preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.clydeinvb.blogspot.com') !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
SQuire Rushnellon His Book Divine Alignment
Michelle Hodkin on the Evolution of Mara Dyer
Forget Me Not Book Trailer
How to Write a Poem Like Robert Burns
Why Warwick Was Called "The Kingmaker"
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...