A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 67645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alexampersandra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2013 07:23:55 PM »

Fiance's birthday is tomorrow and he's working until 1am, so I decided to make his cake tonight so it'll be waiting for him when he gets home! Clyde was very helpful:

More photos (as a step-by-step!) at the blog:
http://clydeinvb.blogspot.com/2013/05/fiances-birthday-is-tomorrow-and-hes.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2013 07:53:46 PM »

Totally forgot to post a pic of Coccinelle and some of her turtle friends celebrating Cinco de Mayo by taste testing Alfajor de Coco and Milk Coconut candy.

She & I prefer Coconut candy, but all the guys liked the one that looked like the mexican flag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2013 10:55:08 PM »

How good does all the food being posted here look?!? Stop it youre making me ravenous
That kissing gate is so quaint Paperbeau
Some more beautiful yarn Wildfyre
Great picture Raeraggs!!
That hotel for solitary bees (sounds like a book title  Cheesy) is awesome Anofeles and Aussie has found a new Lady friend
Your cake looks yummy Alexampersand hope your fianc had a wonderful birthday
Goldfishpollywog Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Here are some photo updates for Riki:

Last weekend we attended the Bellinger Agricultural show (about an hour drive from home) and this is Riki sitting in the grandstand watching the dressage horses in the distance. We also checked out some local arts and crafts, a kelpie working dog demonstration, crocodiles and snakes with the reptile man and the 'chook' (chicken) display.

Then this weekend we went to the Rotary Book Fair. I had to leave after about an hour or otherwise I would have not been able to carry out all the books I found. Here is a picture of the ones I did buy. It goes all week and if you go in the last couple of days you can fill a bag with whatever is leftover for about $5AU. I found 1-2 things for Riki to take home as well!! PS I found a Patrick Rothfuss Anofeles  Cheesy

More on the blog - hope everyone is looking forward to fun weekends (especially you Anofeles - studying for your exams  Shocked)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anofeles
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2013 12:58:12 AM »

Kylie: Haha, looks like I've found another biobliomaniac Cheesy Local book "fair" is organized by our library and will take place in a few weeks in front of the library but it's just small and finding a good book there is very hard (but there are some forgotten treasures! Smiley). I always carry full bag from it anyway and it's a good workout Cheesy You must have been so sad leaving all the literature behind you, not able to take it all... My dad reads Martin's books in English and my mom in Czech- so we have each of these books twice- and they're both totally hooked on the story. So I guess you picked some pretty good pieces Cheesy Rothuss is great, I haven't read such a good fantasy for a long time (except for Tolkien).
I hope you enjoy all the books! (and that you recommend if you read something really great Wink)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013 01:03:01 AM by Anofeles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #254 on: May 11, 2013 03:14:58 AM »

Ok - I think I've picked up on everyone who posted photos while I was on holiday (and more recently, not feeling too well):

Anofeles - Aussie is getting brave near those bees! I would love to have a home for them (other than my lawn!) does it really work?

Natasjadreams - what a lovely view - I hope you and D'ood had a great holiday

RaeRaggs - bahahahahaha! Great photo! How on earth did you get your LV to stay up like that?!

Alexampersandra - that cake looked great - did it go down well? Also - loved the work photos - Clyde looks so cute peeking out between the books hehe.

Wildfyre - I am just stunned by all the colours you have - what a great job to be surrounded by that every day!!

dftba - how cute is Jax!!

goldfishpollywog - love that you home-school, and it looks like your little guy is super happy with it too! If you ever need some pointers maths-wise and don't know who to ask, pm me, I'm a maths tutor myself.

KodaNRoxyDogs -love your collection on your pc - they must make you really happy Smiley

cinnamon teal & phoenixfiredesigns - always more photos please! I'm in love with your photography styles, and Alby and Annana make a great models!

whenindoubtsew - kangaroo!!! I only saw wallabies wild when I was in Australia.. I did goto a baby kangaroo nursary though what was great.

waterbaby - oh my! I am so interested by your photos from work.. lemme see what you film LEMME SEE!! haha

halogenspock - looks like your lv is having a great time in the workshop with you

And here is a photo of Scarlett checking out one of our edible wild plants - Wild garlic. It's delicious as garlic bread! I'll be popping up more pictures of the UKs wild foods over on my blog once I've organised them all. Scarlett was very interested in the whole thing, you see!

Also on the food theme - I don't know if you have as much trouble with poached eggs frothing and splitting and overcooking as I have in the past.. but Scarlett finally taught me how to perfect the poached egg!

We do have the best "high-places" photo.. YAY! The family was down to stay, and we went to see the Lighthouse at Lizard's point (the most Southerly tip of the UK). But first, on the way to the high place, we saw this great 'jump-over' in the hedge and had to take a photo

And the we took a picture with the lighthouse in the top left corner, on the cliffs up to see it

And finally we got a picture of Scarlett up in the lighthouse itself with my mum (My dog Whisky wasn't allowed up, so we got a sunburn instead!):

More photos from the day up at my blog
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013 03:16:40 AM by PaperBeau » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anofeles
« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2013 03:50:49 AM »

Aussie is getting brave near those bees! I would love to have a home for them (other than my lawn!) does it really work?

It absolutely does! I got this idea last year from a book by Gerald Durrell. I made two- one of bamboo sticks and this one simply of a wooden cube (any piece of wood works) with drilled 10 cm long holes. During June, July and August the solitary bees lay eggs inside, bring there some pollen and bung it up with wet clay or chewed grass so the babies are protected. There are many species of solitary bees and almost every time I go out to the garden during summer I can watch a few bees building the "cork", it's quite interesting. Some of them hatch earlier then the others lay eggs so the hotel is full whole summer because as soon as one egg hatches and leaves the hole, another species flies in and lays new egg. These bees are not as conspicuous as the honey bees so people often don't know about them but they're great- they don't sting and are much more efficient in pollination than the honey bees. So they are very welcome in the garden (although in my case I just like to sit outside and watch them working) Smiley
So guys, build houses for these creatures, it's fun and usefull! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2013 09:25:34 AM »

The cake was delish! (I just had some for breakfast...)

Last night we went to the beach for dinner, so Clyde got to see the Oceanfront!

And, because Fiance's dad parked on the roof of the parking garage, I got a "high places" photo for the challenge!

More on the blog: www.clydeinvb.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
stefaniegk
« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2013 04:32:47 PM »

Taking daily pictures of A.D. is a great way to track what I do all the time, so far we go to the park a lot, eat at great harvest quite often, and craft a ton. I'm off to update his tumblr page. Come and check it out.
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/littlevisitors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2013 10:27:00 PM »

whenindoubt- I am positively drooling over your Book Fair!  They cancelled our local one  Tongue

PaperBeau- Goose does really love being homeschooled and got confused today when a kid told him they didn't want to learn anything because it is a weekend, which is for fun.  To him, learning is fun.  His main math trouble is just getting the facts to stay stuck in his head. I will contact you if we need to!        What a beautiful lighthouse.

Alexampersandra- Beautiful sky over a beautiful oceanfront!

We did try to get a picture for "high places", but the Observation Tower was closed both days, once for high winds and once for storms in the area. But here is a shot from the base.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2013 07:47:20 AM »

I'm so sorry I tardy on getting these images edited. I got really busy for Mother's Day and my entire week was just one thing after another and I didn't get a chance to work on editing our adventure pics until today. We went on adventures, I just didn't get a chance to share them.

So, first up, we went back to Walt Disney World Saturday, May 4th but this time we went to Magic Kingdom!

As you enter Magic Kingdom, you walk down Main Street, USA and see Cinderella Castle in front of you.

Cinderella Castle!

This is the entry to Tomorrowland. At night, it's all lined in neon.

...and... Something High

See the yellow tower over Anana's shoulder? That's the same one as the daytime Tomorrowland pic above. This is on the PeopleMover which is an elevated loop around Tomorrowland.

More/larger pics in the blog here: http://anana-visits-florida.blogspot.com/2013/05/magic-kingdom.html

We didn't get as many pics as I would have liked because we went with Love's brother and his girlfriend but she got ill. No worries though! We'll be back on May 16th for my birthday and will get more shots then. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Lipstick in Photoshop CS3
How to Change a Color in an Image With the Fill Command in Photoshop CS3
How to Change a Color in an Image With the Paint Bucket Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop CS3
How to Change Layer Opacity in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...