A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,802
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 17 - Summer Vacation!  (Read 57464 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2013 02:06:12 PM »

And what a fun sky diving adventure! Great pictures, and it looked like a beautiful day. We finally have some sunshine after a week of rain and grey, but it's unseasonably cold. I think the low last night was 29*F.  Not horrible, but we'd just gotten used to not grabbing our coats in the lovely 60*F weather!

We started out with rain yesterday, just like very other day this week, then got a mini blizzard. Now it's starting to shine. What is up with this weather?!?

Which reminds me. . . here are the obligatory rainy window photos:

^^^My 'Home' entry; it's not at home, but no one wants to see the inside of my house Tongue^^^

We also had some fun in Outdoor Rec (we're learning about fishing right now), which is held in the new weight room. My friend Alexa Jade wanted to help out (relax; Bee was tied, not hooked Wink)

Bee is quite strong:

And I just have to show you this. Two of the old benches had to be reupholstered before they got moved into the new addition, so the band teacher offered to do it. Unfortunately, she ran out of plain black vinyl:

Smeddley, your frog's teeth are a bit yellower than Anofeles' frog's. Maybe kids are more street smart where you live and know not to brush the teeth of strangers lol.

Bee and I haven't been up to much lately. Things really settled down after Dante's puppy graduation. Here we are doing some mundane things:

Your teacher is a cutie
Smeddley, your frog's teeth are a bit yellower than Anofeles' frog's. Maybe kids are more street smart where you live and know not to brush the teeth of strangers lol.

Bee and I haven't been up to much lately. Things really settled down after Dante's puppy graduation. Here we are doing some mundane things:

Your teacher is a cutie

seconded Wink

Lol. Grin He's not my type, personally, but I'll tell him he has some Craftster admirers. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
MissSadieMae
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2013 07:28:30 PM »

Lol. Grin He's not my type, personally, but I'll tell him he has some Craftster admirers. . .

Haha sadly I have always had a thing for young male teachers. My mom makes fun of me lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2013 09:36:13 PM »

Oh how cute baby pineapples are!  Although they may have started a small Psych marathon on my computer..... Roll Eyes

Love the tiger striped weight bench.  Add a little fun to the routine that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
PaperBeau
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2013 02:07:24 AM »

wait wait hold up wait...

We also had some fun in Outdoor Rec (we're learning about fishing right now), which is held in the new weight room.

nobody even batted an eye at this.

1) You have a weights room at your school?!
and
2) You learn about FISHING at school??!

clearly English schools suck..!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anofeles
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2013 02:59:40 AM »

Aussie helped me with lunch today Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2013 03:48:47 AM »

Aussie helped me with lunch today Smiley

That looks so yummy Anofeles - Aussie looks like he's enjoying himself immensely  Grin And being very healthy - there some nice greens in there for him!!

I wrestled with Riki's blog on and off today and still haven't got it quite right but posted it anyway!! We went out last night to see some live music and have dinner. Here's a picture but check out the blog for more  Grin http://ecoli-travels.blogspot.com.au/

I love seeing all the LV adventures - taking notes on places I want to visit for our next holidays!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013 04:00:07 AM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Dream catcher swap - sent
Game of Thrones swap - crafting
Science swap - crafting
Summer Nerd Games swap - awaiting partners :-)
Anofeles
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2013 05:36:42 AM »

Oh, nice! I bet Riki had a great time!
We already have tickets for a concert of Karel Plhal and for a Czech musical about Cleopatra, both in June. Not much rock but Aussie will at least experience some Czech culture- and the musical is really great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2013 07:16:13 AM »

wait wait hold up wait...

We also had some fun in Outdoor Rec (we're learning about fishing right now), which is held in the new weight room.

nobody even batted an eye at this.

1) You have a weights room at your school?!
and
2) You learn about FISHING at school??!

clearly English schools suck..!

Yes, the weight room is pretty cool. Mostly its there to make the football boys stronger so they can smash into each other better Roll Eyes It used to be really little and always crowded, so they decided to build a MUCH bigger one. I was really happy because they added more equipment targeted for girls and runners, like treadmills, ellipticals, and something I think is called a hip press (I just call it a panini press lol). Ill have to take a couple full-room pictures for you.

And the fishing is part of a new class they added when we switched to a trimester system. It's called Outdoor Recreation, and we are learning about fishing, camping, and a little about hunting (TONS of people hunt in Iowa; we have a large deer and pheasant population.) Whenever it decides to get warm again we're going on a camping trip. My teacher also requested an archery range, which would be AWESOME.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Anofeles
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2013 07:27:54 AM »

And the fishing is part of a new class they added when we switched to a trimester system. It's called Outdoor Recreation, and we are learning about fishing, camping, and a little about hunting (TONS of people hunt in Iowa; we have a large deer and pheasant population.) Whenever it decides to get warm again we're going on a camping trip. My teacher also requested an archery range, which would be AWESOME.

We have a weight room in school too, but this? Outdoor recreation? It sounds so PERFECT! I envy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2013 11:25:32 AM »

Violet and I are gearing up for the Summer Nerd Games! Go Team Science and Math!

...by coloring strips of paper...

...and turning them in to hexaflexagons!

But don't worry, I made her watch the safety video!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pre-Walker Baby Shoes
3 Ideas of Tops For Girls
Understanding Baby Clothing Sizes
Top Three Sun Hats for Babies
What Clothes to Buy Your Baby Before Knowing the Gender
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...