A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Superhero and Comic Fans Swap (SENDOUT BY 5/21/13)  (Read 11558 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

libertine49
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013 09:14:21 AM »

Yup, I think I'll need to sign up for this one. Just need the q's finished and check my calendar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1watermonkey
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013 01:57:03 PM »

Thinking about joining up. Not sure yet, but thankfully it looks like i have time. Is this one stopping when a certain # of people sign up or definitely on the end date?

I'm going to leave it until the end date so we can get as many swappers as possible and I know a lot of swaps are finishing up right now that might free up a swap slot for some people. Smiley We'd love to have you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1watermonkey
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013 01:58:40 PM »

Yup, I think I'll need to sign up for this one. Just need the q's finished and check my calendar.

Great!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013 09:09:08 AM »

AAAAAHHHHH!!! I was just thinking that I wanted a swap like this!! Filling out the form now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Martian: I feel so silly. Who knew a Martian could be vulnerable to a human virus?
Robin: Uh... H.G. Wells?
leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013 05:01:55 PM »

I can't wait for this! I listed pretty much any Marvel comics as my favorites, but if I get a partner who likes something I've never read, it will give me an excuse to go to the comic book store for "research" Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013 06:55:17 AM »

I can't wait for this! I listed pretty much any Marvel comics as my favorites, but if I get a partner who likes something I've never read, it will give me an excuse to go to the comic book store for "research" Grin

I pretty much did this with DC >.< I really don't think I've read a Marvel comic (besides xmen) since 2007 :\ Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Martian: I feel so silly. Who knew a Martian could be vulnerable to a human virus?
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013 07:14:35 AM »

I pretty much did this with DC >.< I really don't think I've read a Marvel comic (besides xmen) since 2007 :\ Any suggestions?

I'm a Marvel junkie, right now I'm really liking Wolverine & the X-Men, Young Avengers, and Nova. Although two of those series are really new they show great promise. I always suggest everyone read Runaways, at least the first two volumes, but they're pretty old now. Anyone looking to get into reading some X-Men stories but don't know where to start, pick up the first couple trades of Astonishing X-Men, it's absolutely incredible. There was also a Thor series a little while back that blew my mind, it was called Thor: The Mighty Avenger, it's pretty short, they just released a collected edition and it's definitely worth a read, here's a link: http://www.amazon.ca/Thor-Mighty-Avenger-Complete-Collection/dp/0785183817/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364998443&sr=8-1&keywords=thor+mighty+avenger
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1watermonkey
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013 02:46:09 PM »

I'm a Marvel junkie, right now I'm really liking Wolverine & the X-Men, Young Avengers, and Nova. Although two of those series are really new they show great promise. I always suggest everyone read Runaways, at least the first two volumes, but they're pretty old now. Anyone looking to get into reading some X-Men stories but don't know where to start, pick up the first couple trades of Astonishing X-Men, it's absolutely incredible. There was also a Thor series a little while back that blew my mind, it was called Thor: The Mighty Avenger, it's pretty short, they just released a collected edition and it's definitely worth a read, here's a link: http://www.amazon.ca/Thor-Mighty-Avenger-Complete-Collection/dp/0785183817/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364998443&sr=8-1&keywords=thor+mighty+avenger

Great suggestions! Cheesy  I absolutely love Runaways, the first three volumes are some of my favorite comics ever and Astonishing X-Men is amazing. Smiley  I also recently read through all of the X-Men Vs Avengers event beginning from House of M and X-men Endangered Species etc. through the Avengers Vs. X-Men and consequences and it's a pretty good storyline. It included a lot of X-Force and Uncanny X-Men, etc. I didn't really care for Hope in it but enjoyed the rest of the characters. Scott is really reminding me now of early Magneto. I am not quite up to date on the All New X-Men and Uncanny Avengers but what I did read of those showed some promise. I'm a big X-Men fangirl but I do also read some Avengers stuff. I'm a bigger Marvel fan than DC except when it comes to Batman, I love Batman and company and all his villains. That said, I'm badly behind on Batman, I don't know much of what's up with the new 52.

I'm going to have to check out that Thor series, sounds cool!

Some Non DC or Marvel some series I recommend that I'm really enjoying so far are Morning Glories and The Unwritten. The Unwritten particularly is just so cool, and if you are a fan of Harry Potter or even just a big book nerd like me you'll really enjoy certain aspects of it.

I think it's fun to get new recommendations and just from peoples questionnaires so far I have a list of comics to check out. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013 02:48:12 PM by 1watermonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013 02:56:11 PM »

Great suggestions! Cheesy  I absolutely love Runaways, the first three volumes are some of my favorite comics ever and Astonishing X-Men is amazing. Smiley  I also recently read through all of the X-Men Vs Avengers event beginning from House of M and X-men Endangered Species etc. through the Avengers Vs. X-Men and consequences and it's a pretty good storyline. It included a lot of X-Force and Uncanny X-Men, etc. I didn't really care for Hope in it but enjoyed the rest of the characters. Scott is really reminding me now of early Magneto. I am not quite up to date on the All New X-Men and Uncanny Avengers but what I did read of those showed some promise. I'm a big X-Men fangirl but I do also read some Avengers stuff. I'm a bigger Marvel fan than DC except when it comes to Batman, I love Batman and company and all his villains. That said, I'm badly behind on Batman, I don't know much of what's up with the new 52.

I've read House of M up to Civil War pretty much, then stopped for awhile. When I started buying comics again,I bought all of the lead into A vs X (Schism to A vs X), but I still haven't read any of them. Sad I still get All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, but the lack of Iceman and Shadowcat means that I really haven't read any of them yet Sad

I honestly didn't read any DC comics until the 52 because I was a complete Marvel fangirl. Then I started buying Batman, because let's be frank here, who DOESN'T like Batman? I figured I might as well start with the reboot since that was as good of a time as any to jump in. Since then, I've become completely hooked mostly from going back and reading the old issues. Seriously, reading Batman RIP, Battle for the Cowl, and all the Bat!verse comics from 2009-2011 only makes me mad that they rebooted the whole series in 2011. With the exception of Red Hood and the Outlaws. I'll totally admit to turning into a Red Hood and Arsenal fangirl because of that 52 series alone XD (Though Red Hood in 2009-2011 was amazing as well).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013 03:03:38 PM »

I'm a bigger Marvel fan than DC except when it comes to Batman, I love Batman and company and all his villains. That said, I'm badly behind on Batman, I don't know much of what's up with the new 52.

Oh my goodness, Scott Snyder's Batman series (New 52) is stupidly good, you have to catch up with that. I don't typically read DC, none at all really, but this series is just that good. Really, anyone in this thread who likes Batman, this is THE current series.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Tailgating Burger
How to Make Paleo Stuffed Peppers
Perfect Tailgate Foods: Healthy Sausage Options
Favorite Game Day Treats Under 300 Calories
How to Make a Breakfast Burger
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...