A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boot Candy Cuffs For the Sister!  (Read 1379 times)
Tags for this thread: boot_cuffs , knit , fall_wear  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cranberrry2001
« on: March 23, 2013 05:42:51 PM »

Pinterest is the new craze! Smiley And I love it Smiley I've found so many new recipes, patterns and inspiration there Smiley.

Recently my sister (also on pinterest Wink) happened upon a pair of knit boot cuffs she thought were beautiful and asked if I could make them. I did some digging on the internets and found the pattern to the pin she found and set to work!

I used our grandmothers yarn, some that was passed onto me to add some sentiment to them Smiley And since my tension likes to change from day to day when I knit I casted on both to cable needles and worked them laying flat. See pictures of it being worked up here.

They turned out great and I'm so happy that they fit her too! Smiley You just never can be too sure when you're working on a project for someone who is states away Wink.

Here are some pictures of the set before I sent them off:

And here is one that shows here wearing them! They look so good on her! Cheesy Styling! Smiley Wink

If you have ravelry you can get the pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/boot-candy-boot-cuffs-boot-toppers-pattern They work up pretty quickly too! Smiley

Thank you for looking! Smiley Would love to knwo what you think Smiley
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013 05:43:54 PM by cranberrry2001 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013 04:37:49 AM »

Nice work!  I really like the reverse stockinette and cable combo! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberrry2001
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013 08:28:52 AM »

Thank you A2K Smiley  I thought the designer really though outside of the box on this one - I can see why its such a hit! On ravelry there are a lot of projects done on these boot cuffs Smiley. Gray and Ivory are my favorite of what people have done so far Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013 04:44:03 AM »

They look so cozy! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
domestikatie
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013 10:16:00 AM »

These are adorable! I absolutely love that you used some of your Grandmother's yarn.  I use my Grandma's buttons in my crafts and it adds a special something to the gift  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty lady. Lifelong houndstooth devotee. Maker-of-things who is happiest amid many projects.

www.domestikatie.co m
http://www.ravelry.com/people/domestikatie
cranberrry2001
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013 10:24:01 AM »

These are adorable! I absolutely love that you used some of your Grandmother's yarn.  I use my Grandma's buttons in my crafts and it adds a special something to the gift  Smiley

domestikatie - it is so fitting that I should see a comment on this post today mentioning my Grandma - she actually passed away just yesterday and seeing your comment actually warms my heart. Grandma's are the best aren't they? They give so much Smiley. I bet your Grandma's buttons are the finishing touch for your projects Smiley. ♥ it. Thank you so much for sharing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lique
My Motto: If you can't find it, buy another one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013 10:27:21 PM »

domestikatie - it is so fitting that I should see a comment on this post today mentioning my Grandma - she actually passed away just yesterday and seeing your comment actually warms my heart. Grandma's are the best aren't they? They give so much Smiley. I bet your Grandma's buttons are the finishing touch for your projects Smiley. ♥ it. Thank you so much for sharing Smiley

I'm sorry about your grandma. I'm glad you have some trinkets to to remind you of her.

Thank you for sharing this pattern, I bought it and hope to knit a pair of them up for my sister too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013 05:28:16 AM »

I just adore those boot cuffs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Adding Buttons to the Layout
Extreme Website Makeover - Working with Text
Extreme Website Makeover - Importing and Working with Smart Objects
Extreme Website Makeover - Working with Rasterized Illustrator® Files
Extreme Website Makeover - Managing Assets and Working with Layer Groups
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...