A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 306,426
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet vs amigurumi swap  (Read 7181 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thehappycrochetchic
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013 08:04:47 AM »

I would love to join! I am not great at sewing but I can crochet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/

I love personal swaps!!
Message me...

Always looking to add to my hoopla wall...Wanna trade?
La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013 07:31:56 PM »

I would be interested.  I think giving some size parameters might be a good idea.  Personally I would prefer a mini poppet for a medium ami.  What would that be?  Maybe around a 7-9 inch doll?  Is that a doable size for a poppet?  Sorry, I don't sew so I'm clueless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to swap for a Skeleton rag or cupcake style doll for my 5 yr-old son!  I can crochet just about anything under the sun in exchange!

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013 07:45:03 PM »

I would be interested.  I think giving some size parameters might be a good idea.  Personally I would prefer a mini poppet for a medium ami.  What would that be?  Maybe around a 7-9 inch doll?  Is that a doable size for a poppet?  Sorry, I don't sew so I'm clueless.

7 to 9in tall for a poppet.... I could probably manage that...thankfully I've got small fingers and a TON of a chopsticks for stuffing =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
lanikins
you can't take life too seriously...you'll never make it out alive

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013 11:05:24 PM »

I'm gonna just chime in with my two cents real quick!!!  It is doable, but speaking from personal experience, the issue with making poppets on a smaller scale, is that a lot of detail is lost.  My poppets are 16-18 inches tall, and when I thought making a mini one would be easier, I was SO SO SO wrong....little clothes are the hardest thing in the world for me to make.  

I would do this swap, but I'm going to be planning a wedding, so I won't have time Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013 11:41:39 PM »

I'm gonna just chime in with my two cents real quick!!!  It is doable, but speaking from personal experience, the issue with making poppets on a smaller scale, is that a lot of detail is lost.  My poppets are 16-18 inches tall, and when I thought making a mini one would be easier, I was SO SO SO wrong....little clothes are the hardest thing in the world for me to make.  

I would do this swap, but I'm going to be planning a wedding, so I won't have time Sad

Me too lanikins....though thankfully my wedding is probably still a few years off... though I found this AWESOME black and blue butterfly printed silk I want for my mother's dress for  my wedding....only need 6 yards of it hahaha!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013 04:08:03 AM »

I definately agree with Lanikin's.

As I have made smaller dolls (not poppets) and I find small clothes really tricky to make. Also the fingers and toes will be a massive pain to try and turn, due to the size.

Congrats on your weddings!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
mama24boyz
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013 06:57:34 AM »

I don't know about sewing, but I would have to agree that making things smaller is definetly not always easier, for me larger is so much easier with an ami.  I would say a regular size poppet, or really whatever size you and your partner agree upon.  I would think a tiny one would be totally adorable if you could pull it off.  And the ami I would say a large and a small/medium.  I don't know if I'm wrong here, maybe its just cuz I can't sew, but I would think making an ami is sooo much easier than making a poppet which is why I would say 2 amis for 1 poppet.  Does that sound good to everyone??  And YAY!!  The poppet swap is up and running, so that means this one is coming soon.......End of May, beginning of June I think
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Tenitsu

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013 08:14:37 AM »

I did make one smaller poppet for my hubby, so I can def. tell you turning tiny arms n legs is definitely a pain!! It's doable...but painful lol! I've not even tried making cloths for it so couldnt give my opinion on that difficulty level yet >.>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest!

angielou1
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013 12:31:59 AM »

I 'm In too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jkaywiz
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013 08:57:47 AM »

I make ami's , however if need I could try and do a poppet.  I sew a lot and they look interesting, but are there free patterns out there or would I need to buy one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
GrubStreet Tries the Patti LaBelle Sweet Potato Pie
How to Make Apple, Sausage and Brie Stuffing
Healthy Thanksgiving Sides With Cranberries
How To Make Beef Pot Roast
Tips For Cooking A Smaller Thanksgiving Dinner
Latest Blog Articles
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...