A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lacey plaid ruffle skirt and gathered leg warmers  (Read 2919 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NVA
« on: July 05, 2005 02:35:40 PM »

Thanks to this topic here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=41335.0

I was able to find this site here: http://www.gobbolino.co.uk/

And get inspirations from these pictures (click to make larger):

To create these! (click to make larger):

« Last Edit: July 06, 2005 06:15:05 AM by NVA » THIS ROCKS   Logged
.:popsi:.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005 03:33:51 PM »

gobbolino! my my...i've been browsing that site since the beginning.  i love your versions! green is my all time favourite colour!  i hope you don't mind me asking, but for the skirt - did you use a circle skirt type pattern or did you do something different? i've always wanted one of those skirts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
NVA
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005 06:14:38 AM »

I don't mind you asking at all. For the skirt I just cut a retangle of fabric 2 times my waist size sewed the 2 open ends together and fit it with elastic. Pretty easy really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Izzy
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005 09:53:46 AM »

Wahey, my post inspired some creativity! (obviously not mine, as I haven't bothered to start the skirt yet no money = no lace & no fabric = no skirt.)

Having read how you made yours, and how another user explained it on my thread, I'm guessing that this is how it works out (pretty much) - I'm not very good at visualising things.

Though I was slightly confused when you said you 'fitted' the elastic - did you do it after you had sewn the two ends together? I would have assumed that you stitched a little sort of 'casing' for the elastic to pass through, pulled the elastic through it to ruffle the skirt, and sewed the two ends together.

Damn me for not understanding supposedly simple things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faerie Cake
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005 05:23:15 PM »

Awesome Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NVA
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005 07:17:14 PM »

Wahey, my post inspired some creativity! (obviously not mine, as I haven't bothered to start the skirt yet no money = no lace & no fabric = no skirt.)

Having read how you made yours, and how another user explained it on my thread, I'm guessing that this is how it works out (pretty much) - I'm not very good at visualising things.

Though I was slightly confused when you said you 'fitted' the elastic - did you do it after you had sewn the two ends together? I would have assumed that you stitched a little sort of 'casing' for the elastic to pass through, pulled the elastic through it to ruffle the skirt, and sewed the two ends together.

That's excactly what I meant. You explianed it better then I did. Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
.:popsi:.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005 03:02:05 AM »

NVA, Izzy...thank you!  that's awesome, i'm gonna get to work on making mine! one thing though, when you measure the elastic - is it half the length of the skirt?  i'm guessing that's what makes it ruffle, and fit to your waist....maybe i'm wrong
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005 06:20:48 AM by .:popsi:. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
NVA
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005 07:03:31 AM »

NVA, Izzy...thank you!  that's awesome, i'm gonna get to work on making mine! one thing though, when you measure the elastic - is it half the length of the skirt?  i'm guessing that's what makes it ruffle, and fit to your waist....maybe i'm wrong

I just made the elastic the size of my waist. The more fabric you have the more ruffles will be made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplegal05
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005 07:48:42 AM »

that looks like what those heirojuku (sp?) girls from Japan wear! I love that skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Delziela
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005 07:29:36 PM »

My walmart has tons of plaid fabric in the one doller per yard section, it may not be exactly what you want, but it would be fairly cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
-Joseph Chilton Pearce
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Manipulate a Selection in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Selection Tools in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Lasso Tools in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Marquee Tools in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Selecting Process in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...