A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP 42 Ostara Egg-stravaganza Gallery  (Read 3378 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 19, 2013 06:31:56 PM »

Swap Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=4987714;topic=420775.0;sesc=740d8f84cca3d9856441745984f7a767#axzz2O2TXfqOY

Participants and Status:

1. hawkeyes_girl-sent
2. Wulf-sent
3.spazgirl1981-sent
4. mandykaye-sent
5. LA-Fairy-sent
6. thesillyseemstress-sent
7. MamanTattoo-sent
8. whileitsraining-sent
9. impchild-sent
10. phnxreign99-sent
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013 04:45:14 PM by hawkeyes_girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
whileitsraining
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013 12:45:26 PM »

I get to start this gallery off with a lovely Egg-stravagant package from Betsy  Grin

She sent me a large box filled with goodies!   In it was this lovely Ostara wreath that I immediatly hung on my very naked and ugly front door.  The sun was shining today so I got a great picture.  There was also a painted bucket with instructions on a DIY Ostara tree.  The bucket add the foam in the bottom and I had the girls pick up some fallen branches while we were walking home from the bus stop.  I just stuck those bad boys in and trimmed them to my likeing.  Then I had the girls help me decide where to hang the eggs.  We stuck the little egg-y floral picks in and covered the foam with the fun paper grass. 

Here is a picture of the rest of the eggs on the tree and some other eggs she sent.  I think we will make a streamer/banner type thing with the pretty sequined ones.  The black ones are chalkboard painted eggs that I will write the girls names on and hide for them Wink  There was also a fun set of cookie cutters, adorable egg candles, and some paper mache base eggs for us to decorate ourselves! 

Thank you so much Betsy!  We love it all, and the girls can't wait to make more eggs for our little tree Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
spazgirl1981
AlphaBetsy Bomber

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013 02:50:52 PM »

Your tree looks fabulous. I really wrestled with how to make a tree to send you. The kit seemed the best way, lol. I hope you enjoy it all, and have a blessed Ostara. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013 02:57:15 PM »

I just tracked my package to you and it says its out for delivery  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013 03:55:31 PM »

Chalkboard eggs! That's really clever. Smiley I can think of so many uses for that - lunch treats, art abandonment, even passive-aggressive notes to loved ones. Well, maybe not that. And I like the sequinned eggs too - lots of possibilities for those.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013 05:05:51 PM »

I received sunday but got super busy and annoyed... haven't even been close to my pc.

egg holder

love the colors and yes it fits.
I love the head dress.
please overlook my dirty floor... yep, I have a rock there.. LOL

love it, thanks Tammy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013 05:37:55 PM »

I love the bunting!  and the egg and holder.  Everything is so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

spazgirl1981
AlphaBetsy Bomber

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013 06:18:42 PM »

I received from Ani today!! I love everything and it was right on time for Ostara!! Love it.

MY first thought was "wow this package is kind of heavy". lol.
I opened it and found this adorable tin.

Once I opened the tin this beautiful cloth just pulled me in. It had amazing eggs wrapped in it, but the cloth. The hand painted piece in the middle is so beautiful, it is already on my altar. Smiley

And the eggs.

Ani sent me these amazing bath salts, and I wish I could let you smell them, because they smell fantastic. I cannot wait to use them.

She also sent me a charged candle, holy water and chocolate!!

I love it all. Those eggs have the most beautiful colors. And the altar cloth is so fabulous. I love it!!
Thanks Ani!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013 06:29:50 PM »

Ugh,you all did such a fine job now I'm feeling like I gipped my partner!  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

whileitsraining
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013 06:36:12 PM »

Yay! I am so glad it made it there! I love the compass rose pattern I got from Urban Threads.  ( I think they are on sale now too? I got the email after I had bought the pattern )  If the eggs stained the cloth (it looks a little discolored in the top corner?) You can try some stain remover and wash and dry it, I did twice just to make sure the fabric paint was set.   Cheesy  The bath salts recipe/tutorial is posted on the coven blog page too, I waited until your package was in the mail before I posted it.

Also I have the same table cloth on my dining room table, but in purple! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013 10:30:05 AM »

After a bit of postal service scare, since I first provided the wrong postal code, it arrived today just fine Cheesy

A lovely tiny nest with eggs

And a wee-tiny wooden zoo! it's so precious Smiley Wulf said he bought it before I was born! it has lamas, rinos, bears, groundhugs and kangaroos!

Now prepare for the awesome:

Wulf's great traditionnal eggs in their unbreakable form! How pretty are they?
Mariann happened to open the fish one and Merrick the deer. They are gorgeous!
And they were filled with sugary surprises, much to the kids' exitement!

I'm posting this shot because I know you guys will love it Smiley The belly got on the way, but look at that wonderfull work of art. I don't know where to hang it, but it'll find its place soon enough.

Extra was a really cool embroidery pattern book. The images are all lovely. It could even be used as a tattoo reference book. He aslo thrown another belt buckle for the belt he made for Merrick for Yule, since he lost the other one.

And a lovely card Smiley

Once again, it was so much fun crafting for you and we all loved what you made for us! Those eggs will be sherished for years Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013 10:36:04 AM »

The tree is lovely. It reminds me of an aunt that would always make one Smiley

I love the Ostara Banner! There's pretty flowery bia-tape all around!

The hand painted piece is so neat I first wondered if it was embroidery Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013 05:15:16 PM »

I'm so relieved it got there okay, Maman! When the Canada Post tracking gave a new estimated delivery date of April 2, I feared the worst! And this was one of those packages that I hadn't had a chance to photograph myself before I sent it out.

I especially love the over-the-belly shot of the sunrise appliqué. Cheesy I meant it to be an altar cloth, but it could certainly be a wall hanging too. And the photo of Mariann smelling the eggs is very sweet. (The nest was only meant to hold three eggs, but I squeezed four in so each of you could have one.)

The tiny wooden zoo originally came in two or three matchboxes, which unfortunately I didn't keep. It sat on our window sill for years, then got put away in a box until I came across it recently. I hope it has years more play in it.

And the other packages have been so beautiful too! I really love that wreath - such great colours, and are those pussywillows?! Sweet!

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013 01:33:29 AM »

All these packages are wonderful! I love to keep an eye on the WWP swaps, they warm my heart every time. Wulf, this quilt is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013 02:32:15 PM »

I received from MamanTattoo today! She knew to use the correct address, so her package only took two days instead of a week. Embarrassed It was a tiny, perfect little package, and I took the contents outside thinking I'd get a better photo in the daylight. But it wasn't very bright, so these photos are pretty poor. They especially don't show the bright, Springtime colours of everything.

She knitted me TWO dishcloths with a egg patterns on them, one a very intense green the exact colour of new poplar leaves and the other softly speckled. And a crocheted egg (stuffed with wool and chamomile, apparently) in another wonderfully speckled yarn. I so wish we had a cat to share it with! The yarn on the cloths is especially soft and pleasant to touch.

This chocolate rabbit is yummy even though (or maybe because) it's made of felt, and he brought some real chocolate treats - a chicken and an egg. The best part is this enthusiastically beautiful Ostara card, painted and signed by a small artist. (Tell Mariann "Merci pour la belle carte" from me, please!)

Thanks for the great package, Andréann - it's always a joy to swap with you!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013 03:41:45 PM »

Great packages!  I love love love the belly shot Maman!  That altar cloth/wall hanging is amazing Wulf!  Those eggs are great too, I was blessed to have Wulf as my partner 2(?) years ago and have one myself Smiley

That felt bunny is so fun, and Mariann's card is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013 07:37:27 PM »

I'm happy you love everything! And I'm happy you requested a card, I hadn't paint with the kids for a long time, in fear of the mess, but it was actually lots of fun and just a bit of cleaning Smiley
The egg was the perfect project to use what I had left of the yarn we dyed with food coloring. 
If you and Ian ever adopt a cat, I'd be a happy to crochet some more with catnip Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
mandykaye
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013 06:12:54 AM »

I received yesterday from thesillyseemstress! She sent such a beautiful package!!!!

A lovely chocolate filled basket with some painted eggs, a stone bracelet and a crystal!

This super amazing goddess hoop! I just love it!!!

AND this beautiful poppy filled watercolor painting!!!! I totally love this!

Thanks so much Lisa for a great package!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013 06:24:58 AM »

This is what I sent to thesillyseemstress.
She wished for a goddess/spirit doll and a hoop. I'm not much of a seemstress myself so I did the best i could lol!

For my egg inspired item I made this bright feathery candle wreath...

I made this simple hoop inspired by the stuff I had in my stash...

The goddess doll was inspired by one of her Pins....I hand stitched it all so don't look too closely lol!

And the painting is titled "The Hare Moon" and I thought it fitting for Ostara. I painted it in January hoping to use it for this swap Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013 12:12:51 PM »

I LOVE the painting mandy!!
and the doll is great, too Smiley

I also love the poppy painting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
phnxreign99

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013 04:16:31 PM »

Oh my goodness ... so many wonderful things in the gallery!  As usual, of course  Grin 

My package from LA Fairy was waiting for me when I got home from vacation (Hawaii was absolutely awesome, BTW  Cool )  Here's all my Ostara goodness ...

First up - a small wooden frame ... I'm just waiting for a new picture of the grandkids in their Easter clothes to put in there.  And two beautiful painted/decoupaged eggs (no way to get a picture of them all the way around).  So pretty!!

An Ostara watercolor ... love the detail in the rabbit and stuff ...

And finally, a wonderful altar cloth.  Love the flowered material it's made of, and although it was made for Ostara (which I didn't get to use it for), for me it will be perfect for Beltane, because the bright colors remind me of that spring holiday  Cheesy

Thanks so much, Lexi!  Nice to have something waiting when I got home (leaving Hawaii is not easy!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
mandykaye
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013 05:07:36 PM »

Wow another great swap! I love all the packages! Can't wait for the next round again lol!

I had a wooden animal set as a kid just like the set Wulf sent! I had forgotten all about it until the picture sparked my memory! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013 05:49:04 PM »

I love your hare-gazing moon painting, MandyKaye! And do you remember where your tiny animal set was made? I seem to think this one was from Czechoslovakia, but I could be mis-remembering.

Wonderful stuff in this gallery!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2013 06:08:16 PM »

I love the amazing paintings!  You gals are so talented!  I have a set of watercolours that I have been meaning to try, but always get so nervous  Undecided 

The hoops are also very pretty!  Love the applique for the lunar one, so cool. 

I also eagerly waiting for the next round!  Making stuff for other people is way more fun than making them for yourself! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

mandykaye
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013 11:51:07 PM »

@ Wulf..Thanks! I have no idea of the wooden animal's origion..I think they were actually my mother's at one time? I just remember playing with them lol! I always loved little toy animals and stuff and I just clearly recalled having them as soon as I saw the picture..how funny the memory is!

@whileitsraining: I always seem to be more creative when I have a purpose or specific person in mind for my projects than when I just sit around making random stuff for myself lol! I love the WWP swaps on Craftster best though, there is more room for interpration than in other swaps lol!

I love how in every WWP swap there is at least one thing in every package that I would just love to have lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thesillyseemstress
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013 02:50:02 PM »

Mandykaye- Thanks soo much for posting pics. The internet, car, work  and computer fairy's have been messing with me the last two weeks , so I was not the best communicator.  I love love your package . The Hare moon painting is so wonderful.  I love it . The goddess doll has made a permanent home on my bookshelf in the entryway of my house. Iv gotten alot of compliments already .
Every thing looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkeyes_girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013 04:40:41 PM »

Wulf, that was a happy memory, I had a little wooden zoo as a child!

I love all of your packages for one reason or another!

I feel like I under-did the theme. But my partner did such a nice job!

Behold the impchild's work!

Altar cloth, egg pentacle wreath, decorated eggs, and sweets!

All of it on my altar

Thanks a bunch!

Here's stuff I sent:

Since impchild is a kitchen witch, I made a spring apron internally marked with fortune runes.

My eggy-themed: Ostara celebration booklet, jasmine incense and strawberry leaf herb, a candle and raspberry teas tucked into the hang-able eggs. I wrapped it in a green spell bag with a white ribbon.

For her son, a dinosaur hat and mini-egg sweets.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013 05:03:21 PM »

I love the egg pentacle wreath!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
mandykaye
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013 11:47:05 PM »

That dino hat is cute HG! I totally wish I had children around holidays! (And most other days too lol) Easter/Ostara is definately more fun with kiddos! Not many adults want to do an egg hunt lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013 07:16:32 AM »

Not many adults want to do an egg hunt lol!

I know! People are so boring. Sad

I love the egg wreath and string-wrapped eggs. So many potential ideas there, Impchild. And is that something involving a PEEP I see there?

HG's clever herb-filled eggs made me realize that none of us made egg candles, even though they're so easy and always great to have. Next year for sure.

The fabric you made the apron out of is great too, and I love the fact that you incorporated protective runes into it. I've been thinking about that very thing recently. Another thing you can do is to do a knot spell with a piece of thin string (like embroidery floss) and thread it into the hem. This works even on an existing piece of clothing, and will be invisible to everyone, including the wearer.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013 05:56:42 PM »

Such fun items!

Speaking of the wooden animal sets, I had one too. And so when my little brother (16 years younger) got into Thomas the Tank my mom got him a wooden train set, and I made him buildings and trees etc to put on the big landscape board we made for him. The buildings all had family names on them, like Shane's Auto Shop, Heather's Pet Shop, stuff like that. It was cute, and I hid inside the room where we set it up with a camera, and I caught the best surprised/delighted face pic ever. Cheesy

I have to agree, the WWP swaps are so fun! People always manage to come up with things I wouldn't have thought of myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Ladyblades
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013 05:47:28 AM »

Beautiful packages everyone! I miss swapping with all of you and I hope to get back into it later this year. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not swapping for the moment, life is too crazy. See you all soon!
whileitsraining
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013 08:07:32 AM »

Beltane is up  Grin   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422292.new#new
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013 06:47:47 AM »

Just had to comment.... Wulf, your wall quilt/alter cloth is stunning!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Contagious Colors of Mumpley Middle School
The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon
Shirley Jones on The Partridge Family
Shirley Jones Talks About Her Memoir
The Life of a Tudor-Era Chambermaid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...