What do you get a guy for Christmas? After a two year hiatus from dating, I wasn’t really sure. But these were an absolute hit. I got this idea from this blog post http://www.instructables.com/id/Man-Cave-Resin-Coasters/
so this wasn’t entirely my own idea but I love it so much I had to give it a try!
-Mold Release Spray
-A plastic cup and something to mix with.
1. I started saving caps; some of them were meaningful (The caps from different breweries we had visited together) and others I collected from roommates, and friends.
2. I bought some resin molds, Mold release spray and of course some resin—I used Easy Cast resin because I didn’t need to make very many coasters. 1 box made three coasters, and I made six total. (This was the most expensive part as each box was around 13 dollars.) Altogether these cost about $40-50 to make.
3. First I set up all my materials
4. I sprayed each mold with the mold release spray and let them dry for about 5-10 minutes.
5. I then mixed the resin (follow directions for portioning and use CAREFULLY).
6. I poured a little resin in the mold then placed the caps in face down. After placing them where I wanted them I filled the rest of the mold up until the cap was completely covered.
7. And then you wait…1-2 days to be sure they are fully hardened…pop ‘em out and…..
(My boyfriends picture with his nice camera)
(My picture with my not so nice camera)