A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTT Swap Secret Pal Round 2 (signups closed, mail otts by 04/10)  (Read 19247 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2013 07:04:09 PM »

Curses! I just came up with an excellent idea for my partner, and sourced and placed an order for an item to act as the foundation for my creation. In my haste, I neglected to check the size... sadly, it exceeds the size limits Sad  But, it's such a perfect idea (at least I hope it is), I may have to come up with another version of it somehow. Now, I am on a quest...

But, then again, I just came up with a different idea, which is equally perfect, and I think I have everything on hand. So, in the event of a snow day tomorrow, I may be giving it a go!

Just gotta love it when karma kicks in! 

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Smeddley

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2013 07:41:38 PM »

I had a brief moment of panic, working on something from (super secret person)'s Pinterest, that I was making it in a color they had listed on their "dislike" list on the questionnaire.  I did that once, had to re-make the whole thing!  Then I remembered that question wasn't on this questionnaire.

I hope (super secret person) you liked it the way you pinned it!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I still have quite a bit of work to do, I'm not the fastest at (insert type of craft here).  And I went to try to buy the one missing piece and they didn't have what I needed, size-wise, at (the store).  Curses!  Good thing there are other (store) options nearby...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2013 10:48:30 PM »

I had a brief moment of panic, working on something from (super secret person)'s Pinterest, that I was making it in a color they had listed on their "dislike" list on the questionnaire.  I did that once, had to re-make the whole thing!  Then I remembered that question wasn't on this questionnaire.

I hope (super secret person) you liked it the way you pinned it!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I still have quite a bit of work to do, I'm not the fastest at (insert type of craft here).  And I went to try to buy the one missing piece and they didn't have what I needed, size-wise, at (the store).  Curses!  Good thing there are other (store) options nearby...

I've done that!  It was several years ago but it's a mistake you don't soon forget.  Hmmm... I don't think you're crafting for me because I normally have very detailed color/size/style/etc.. preferences listed on my pins.  Should I mark you off my list?  Is anyone else trying to figure out whose crafting for them or are you just enjoying the secrecy of it all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DaisyTattoo
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2013 11:22:04 PM »

I think it's great fun trying to figure it out. But there aren't many clues the only thing I know is I have a pretty heavy pinterest so I may have too many ideas for my stalker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2013 12:32:14 AM »

I've done that!  It was several years ago but it's a mistake you don't soon forget.  Hmmm... I don't think you're crafting for me because I normally have very detailed color/size/style/etc.. preferences listed on my pins.  Should I mark you off my list?  Is anyone else trying to figure out whose crafting for them or are you just enjoying the secrecy of it all?

I'm not really, just enjoying the secrecy.

Although I have a list of that sort of info on my blog, an unlisted page which I always give to swap partners along with quarantine info, so I'm pretty sure Smeddley isn't crafting for me either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiLady
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2013 12:35:47 AM »

I like the surprise! I have a mentally enormous pintrest, I recently had to separate out all my wedding ideas into about five different folders because I had so many wedding pins, I fear that I may have to do the same with my 168 crafty wishes pins too, I'm amazed its that few!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
pilarfarmer
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2013 12:55:42 AM »

ok sorry i was mia but it's been a very busy couple weeks,
i so love tiny things! and i finally started stalking my secret pal.  Huh
but i think i found the perfect ___ Lips sealed____ that is in a favorite list of __ Lips sealed__'s somewhere and i am going to have to make 2 cuz i love the ___ Lips sealed___ too.
i can't wait to start tomorrow.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
Homerof2

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2013 05:14:06 AM »

Stalking done, I know what I'm making!  It's going to be fun to make this item!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2013 05:30:32 AM »

I find it fun to think (usually about everyone) hey, they could be talking about me...then I'm usually like "eh,nah, probably not!" But, even if I do figure out who is crafting for me, since it's so secret, I would have absolutely no idea what part of my pinterest they are inspired by and choose to make...so, still fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2013 06:15:02 AM »

i think all this secrecy and planning is fab! Cheesy

i may or may not know everyone's secret identity (well, there's that handy reference list...somewhere in my craftroom Wink), but i haven't a clue as to what you ladies are up to!   definitely looking forward to the results though!

and as always, i'm happy to pass along any questions you might have for your secret pal Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Imply Image Depth
How to Photograph in Infra Red.
How to Use Positive and Negative Space
How to Select What goes in the Image
How to Create a Sunstar Effect in Camera Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...