A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris sweater KAL  (Read 2912 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2013 05:46:30 PM »

I've already cast for my sweater, but it sounds like an easy knit. I haven't made a sweater or anything bigger than a hat. Or a scarf. I think a scarf would be bigger. Maybe. A hat is more complicated. Anyways.

I'm doing mine in red and black. Here's my favorite picture of one:

and here's the (free) tutorial:

http://knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com/2007/04/5-in-paris.html

Since I finish a hat in a couple of days, I'm thinking it'll take me between a week and a month to finish. I still have to finish someone's viking hat + beard and have to figure out how to do the curvy horns.

She doesn't say how to make long sleeves, because her's has short sleeves, but the picture I posted is from a post here on craftster and that girl said she did decreases every 4 rows I believe until it was as long as she wanted.

So. Who's in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013 09:27:06 PM »

Cute sweater, I'm going to have to step up my knitting and try casting on my first sweater too. Good luck TkRainy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
TkRainy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013 12:51:47 AM »

Thank you! Here's what I've gotten done so far today:

I'm really excited about it because I usually suck at following patterns but so far I've done great. I've also never kept anything I've knitted before so I'm excited for that too. Plus it's my first sweater/big thing! I know I've already said that somewhere on this page though haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TkRainy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013 09:11:29 PM »

Here's another progress picture:

I'm super proud. I've been working on another knitting project as well, otherwise I might be getting this finished faster. Oh well! I'm happy that I've gotten this far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013 03:28:19 PM »

I've been looking at this pattern forever, maybe this is what it will take for me to actually cast on! Yours is looking great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TkRainy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013 08:27:28 PM »

I'm sad. It's getting hot here, so I haven't been working on it. However, I do have the yarn to finish it so I SHOULD just finish it... I'm about half way done. I'm at the point where I need to add the next black yarn. Which is why I've stopped. I'll probably finish it soon though because I'm also out of chainmaille (Which I've just realized I haven't posted any here yet) and I can't spend money any time soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TkRainy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013 02:50:38 PM »

I think the reason this was so easy is because of the neckline being off the shoulder. Otherwise there would have been more shaping/increasing in that area. If any of you girls want to take your knitting to the next level like I did, I highly suggest this pattern. It's simple, but it makes such a great piece that you'll be proud of yourself anyways! My dad saw this and hinted that he would like me to knit him one. I guess I'll still have to learn how to make a more manly neckline! At least I got to practice on this first. Here's a progess picture of where I am now:

I know, I was talking like I was done, huh? Anyways, I've decided that I'm going to go with short sleeves, because EVERYONE is telling me I should, as well as because the yarn I used doesn't really keep me warm anyways, plus it's an off the shoulder so my shoulders would be cold if I were to use this as a real sweater. Good luck to you all, and I plan to make this again in the future because of how easy it was! I have friends who want one as well, although I'm getting kind of sick for knitting things for everyone else. This is the first thing I'e knitted that I'm keeping for myself! When I am done done, I'll post a picture on the original post. I'll post any pictures of anyone else who has finished on there, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheLivingRed
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013 03:56:52 PM »

I'm definitely joining this! The sweater is adorable, and looks like a knit I can do while watching TV (as long as my cat leaves me alone lol). Can't wait to see it finished, it looks great!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheLivingRed
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013 10:28:26 AM »

I'm so excited about this sweater! I cast on yesterday and it's going so fast I'm nearly half way done  Cheesy  I'm knitting it on smaller needles than the pattern suggested and doing some major side shaping, but it's coming along nicely. I'm using Caron simply soft in white and light country blue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013 03:53:42 PM »

love this pattern it was one of my first sweater . I made it in caron simply soft, I've washed and dried it for years and it still looks and feels good.

beware of making your neckline to loose. I added a ribbon to mines

and made on for my mom

if I didn't already have five projects going right now I would join
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Illustrate a Cartoon Palace
How to Sketch a Cartoon King
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Woman
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Pirate
How to Illustrate a Cartoon Horse
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...