A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cigar Gloves from knitty.com  (Read 3292 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahk
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005 07:42:27 PM »

I just bought my wool.... great price... only $1.79 a skien.I bought the stuff the pattern called for.  Winter Night as my MC and Cranberry as my CC.I'm so excited i can wait for them to get here! I have  to get it shipped here (Canada) but hopefully it will make it for the first.
I'm still up in the air on the DPN or circular. I gotta see what needles i have before deciding... no need to buy new if i got them already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OliphauntKnits
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005 08:28:51 AM »

Hello all!  I wanted to let this group know that I have started a KAL for the cigar pattern.  Somebody who just joined let me know about your group over here at craftster! 

If you are interested, you can join our KAL or do your own here!  I just thought I would let you know about it!!

http://cigarknitalong.blogger.com

LisaB
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OliphauntKnits
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005 08:33:16 AM »

Ooops, I can't even get the address right of my own KAL!!  Sorry!

http://cigarknitalong.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahk
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005 03:54:18 PM »

Hey guys... it's the 1st...I got all my stuff together and I'm just about to start my gloves. I decided on 2 circular needles just to see how it works with them. Anyway, Have fun knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onthinice
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005 06:39:08 AM »

These gloves are just too cute to pass up, so I am going to see how they work with some varigated acrylic yarn I originally bought for socks.  I have never made fingered or half-fingered gloves before, so here's hoping they turn out alright!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
apixiegrl
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005 08:10:49 AM »

I actually just started my gloves. I had to finish some other projects first. I'm using wool-ease left over from a scarf in black and I'm making the medium size. They are a gift and I'm not really sure of the size. Medium seems safe.(^_^) So far so good. I haven't gotten to the finger part yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005 08:42:29 AM »

Yay!!! One finished... hehe now i have to make the second one...

It's actually black and purple.. it looks kind of gray.
I'm still on round one I think  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoHunter
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005 09:21:30 AM »

I made these gloves in a burgundy and pink.  I had to change the size quite a bit since I have such small hands but they are great, particularly for cold weather knitting or photography.  The pattern was very good and easy to follow.  Good luck everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onthinice
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005 01:35:09 PM »

Very nice, apixiegrl!  I made some with a crazily patterned yarn (blue/red/mustard/white/black).  I still need to work in the ends.  I am waiting for cold weather, so I can use them for driving   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
onthinice
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006 12:04:21 PM »

Well, one year and one month later I finally got around to finishing my cigar gloves!  Now on to the next UFO....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Operate an Embroidery Machine
How to Write in Italic Handwriting
How to Stitch a French Knot
How to Apply Iron on Transfers
How to Tie Dye a Bikini
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...