A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 6 Gallery  (Read 9482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissSadieMae
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2013 04:29:18 PM »

Kool-aide is a southern staple. Gotta have it in the kitchen at all times lol.. Awesome packages..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninaprettyballerina
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2013 05:09:00 PM »

haha hilarious when we used to grow up - we would watch US movies and hear all these things ( like koolaid and jolly ranchers) i think we just guessed what they were Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2013 11:48:12 PM »

Cheesy  Lovely packages!  I like the idea of you having a US Food section in your pantry.  That's a riot!

I bet you'll like the Jolly Ranchers and Airheads- growing up they were both favorites of my friends and I!  I sort of admit resenting Kool Aid since they discontinued my favorite flavor some years ago.  Angry
Kool Aid is fun, be careful if you mix it with less water than it recommends.  There is a lot of food coloring in it.  It won't hurt you, but it might scare you on the ah, other end of things.  We did stupid stuff in college, like make super concentrated Kool Aid and use a bunch of the powder to color and flavor icing for a cake.  The Cake of Green Endings was a learning experience for everyone!   Grin

You must be the envy of all of your friends with the American candies!  My guy loves the snack box of delicious, and it's fun to have different snacks at work.  Smiley

Everyone here put together such thoughtful and nice boxes! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2013 12:38:55 AM »

I am lucky and YES i cleared a shelf of our pantry for display/easy access of the treaties Smiley  Glad your bf likes the sweets.  My husband knows not to raid unless i say its ok hahahaha - we share the jerkies ( straight down the middle!!!)  Loving it@!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hayleylujah
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2013 08:57:32 PM »

OMGoodness you found moonpies. I have been searching for those bitches everywhere. I hate living in Tn because everyone talks about being Southern, but you can't find anything southern..

You don't have moonpies in TN? That is bizarre. They're in most other southern states I've been to.

They're popular here at the University of Montevallo because for our homecoming event we split into two teams (Purple and Gold) and make two plays within an eight week time span that will be judged against one another. One of the Purple side traditions was to throw moonpies at Golds, but that got canceled a few decades ago after a girl got knocked unconscious from a frozen moonpie. Now Purple side alumni throw moonpies from the balcony each year onto the current Purple students to celebrate that tradition.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My jumbled blog of vegan rantings on food and crafts: http://limabeanlover.wordpress.com/
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2013 10:17:37 PM »

OMGoodness you found moonpies. I have been searching for those bitches everywhere. I hate living in Tn because everyone talks about being Southern, but you can't find anything southern..

You don't have moonpies in TN? That is bizarre. They're in most other southern states I've been to.

They're popular here at the University of Montevallo because for our homecoming event we split into two teams (Purple and Gold) and make two plays within an eight week time span that will be judged against one another. One of the Purple side traditions was to throw moonpies at Golds, but that got canceled a few decades ago after a girl got knocked unconscious from a frozen moonpie. Now Purple side alumni throw moonpies from the balcony each year onto the current Purple students to celebrate that tradition.

I know being unconscious is not a joke - but i just had to LOL when i read this! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mata
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2013 10:22:22 AM »

Here are the pics of the wonderful swap package that amymisha sent!! Yay! We loved everything. (and by we I mean me and my bf, who's currently chewing on a purple marshmellow bunny ^_^)

Sorry it took me so long to upload them... The snacks are delicious and I can't wait to try all the different flavors of Larabar!! Thank you Amy!! You totally spoiled me Smiley

This mango candy was the BEST candy I've ever had.

As a craft, she made 4 beautiful hairpins and hairclips with flowers and feathers:

My dollies loved them too  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2013 10:34:08 AM »

I love larabars!!!!

ps. there are great recipes online when you run out, so you can make them yourself!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013 10:35:13 AM by loudxmouse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2013 11:50:43 AM »

I got a message a while ago that aisy received my package, but I'm going to post a few pictures of what I sent to her. I didn't get any pics of the food (I got really excited packaging it all up Tongue) but I do have photos of the craft.

I sewed a pair of cropped PJ pants. I used this really cute texting themed flannel, since aisy had a lot of cute patterns on her Pinterest.

I also made a couple small felt cat toys with catnip for her kitty.

For the food, I sent

Locally made honey, seasoning mix, chai tea, and European chocolates
Homemade cocolate covered potato chips
Milka chocolate bar
Yanyans
Nutella to go
Vanilla extract
Caramel & peanut corn on the cob
Almond & cherry dark chocolate bar
Chocolate Aero bar
Organic Peanut Butter crispy rice bar
Toffee crisp bar
Probably a few other things I can't remember
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
mata
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2013 12:50:27 PM »

I love larabars!!!!

ps. there are great recipes online when you run out, so you can make them yourself!

Oh really? I never thought of that :-p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Master the Bold Lip Trend
Learn the Trick to Get Bold Brows
How to Highlight Your Skin
How to Contour Your Legs
How to Get the Perfect Cat Eye
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...