A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 6 Gallery  (Read 9501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

birdak
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013 04:28:33 PM »

Ahhhh!!!! Piccards nuts, Those are my favourites!!!!  I'm in Canada too, probably fairly close to birda cuz I thought Piccards was only locally owned and I know of 3, anyways, just had to say they are sooooo yummy!!!! My partner may have gotten a pack too  Wink

Oh no way! I'm in Niagara. I love Picards.

And I'm so glad you like the package! Finding Vegan stuff was tough, but fun. (I hope your boyfriend liked the non-vegan stuff)

Also I forgot to mention - the jam is a local preserves company that is really popular in Niagara on the Lake. I used to work on the main street and we sold LOADS of it to tourists from all over the place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist: wists.com/birdak
my Pins: pinterest.com/katmada
my Tweets: twitter.com/katmada
my Tumblrs: katadamsdesign.tumb lr.com
                   catatoms.tumblr.com
                   thefaithfulta.tumbl r.com
                   shitkatlikes.tumblr .com
mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013 05:26:16 PM »

Ahhhh!!!! Piccards nuts, Those are my favourites!!!!  I'm in Canada too, probably fairly close to birda cuz I thought Piccards was only locally owned and I know of 3, anyways, just had to say they are sooooo yummy!!!! My partner may have gotten a pack too  Wink

Oh no way! I'm in Niagara. I love Picards.

And I'm so glad you like the package! Finding Vegan stuff was tough, but fun. (I hope your boyfriend liked the non-vegan stuff)

Also I forgot to mention - the jam is a local preserves company that is really popular in Niagara on the Lake. I used to work on the main street and we sold LOADS of it to tourists from all over the place.

I'm in Hamilton, so we're pretty close.  Cool.  I saw that Piccards on the drive back from GWL one time.  I go to the one past Burlington.  And I think theres one more somewhere, maybe Kitchener?  I dunno.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
birdak
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013 05:39:17 PM »

Crazy! I drive through the Hammer every week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist: wists.com/birdak
my Pins: pinterest.com/katmada
my Tweets: twitter.com/katmada
my Tumblrs: katadamsdesign.tumb lr.com
                   catatoms.tumblr.com
                   thefaithfulta.tumbl r.com
                   shitkatlikes.tumblr .com
KimmyLynne82

I enjoy being a dame.

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013 05:46:00 PM »

I spaced writing down all the goodies that I sent mama24boyz, so...here we go: the Neopolitan Oreos just looked fun - I don't know if they are specific to the US, but they looked fun. The PB Cheerios again - not sure they're specific to the US...I was really looking for Count Chocula but couldn't find it anywhere! There are US smarties, and soda flavored jelly beans (Grape Crush, A&W Rootbeer, and Dr. Pepper). The popcorn is grown/produced in Van Buren, IN, and the peanut butter is a specialty item made by the Amish folks in a town called Shipshewana. The blue pouch is made by the Vera Bradley company, which is based out of Fort Wayne, IN. They are a very big deal! (they are gearing up for the annual outlet sale - people come from across the country, some even overseas, for the stuff! Fist fights have broken out in the aisles...it's nuts.)  The crafted item is the state of Indiana and the button marks the Capital :-)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013 07:55:25 PM by KimmyLynne82 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Kim~*
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog

I <3 Personal Swaps!
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013 08:05:28 PM »

I received from bambam! The package was MASSIVELY huge, and when I got it it looked as though the postal workers might have had a hard time carrying it due to its weight so decided to kick it around instead.
I could tell right away we were going to have some breakage, but only a few items were beyond saving.

poor package.

upon first opening: TIM TAMS! HUZZAH!
these are honeycomb, which I assume is kind of like violet crumble/seafoam/crunchie bar PLUS cookie. omg

uh oh...what is this?!
CHUTNEY EXPLOSION!!!! nooooessss!

The offending relish and a fuzzy friend that didn't make it out unscathed Sad

THE GOODS! after a bit of a wipe we have:
  • aussie afternoon tea (i got this last swap and I am almost out. LOVE it. The box protected the packets from stickiness)
  • tim tams
  • cadbury drinking cocoa and malted milk drink mix

more carnage, but it is making it like excavating exciting fossils from the relishy mess.

The chocos! My husband was super excited by the kit kats

yummy salt and vinegar chips!

more goodies:
  • beautiful yarn
  • TURKISH DELIGHT tim tams. I am obsessed.
  • dunkaroos (I vaguely remember having these here as a kid, but they don't sell them anymore)
  • malteeser bunny
  • pineapple mango delight
  • tropical jelly/jell-o(which states to not mix pineapple or paw paw fruit into the gelatin as it won't set properly. what is a paw paw?! I am intrigued)
  • tropical punch
  • a cute pen and a chiffon pouch

inside the pouch was two pair of beautiful earrings which cleaned up with a bit of a wash and quick dry with NO glitter loss. hooray!

*drumroll*
BEHOLD THE GLORY:

There was another vegemite-type spread that I didn't snap a picture of, and a lemon butter that unfortunately was smashed into a million tiny, sticky pieces...But I am SO pleased with the spreads, elixers and sauces that decided to make the long journey. I have wanted to try HP sauce and vegemite for SO long. I hope I don't like it too much, because it is really expensive to buy a jar around here (if you can find one)
This is honestly the motherload.

bambam did a great job balancing tasty, naught treats and fun new things to try with a few "healthy" options and savory stuff to boot! There were a few granola bars that got cut up by broken glass as well as some sesame snaps, but thankfully the majority of the stuff made it unscathed.... except for this pack of tim tams seemed to have a tear, so I had to investigate....

uh oh.....

*noms*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013 08:18:08 PM »

Nina totally spoiled me.  Seriously.  I consider this box The Massive Box of Epic Snackness.
Cheesy  Plus I mean Epic in the classic way, not the internet/gamer slang that pretty much refers to everything now! 

Anyway, Ninaprettyballerina sent a really wonderful box!
When I first opened it, I saw something adorable peeking out, along with some absolutely drool inducing recipes!

Delving further, the fun began!

Here's an overview picture after I sorted the delicious treats on my couch. 

Believe me, I was drooling the whole time, but I wanted to get some pictures while everything was still pristine. 

Here's some close ups of the different groupings of goodness. 

First, here's the candies, cookies, chocolate, gum, and other sweets.  I am totally psyched to try the Aero Caramel bar, and was thrilled to see the Aero Mint!!!  That's a favorite of mine!!!  Not to mention the Lemonade Jelly, all of the cool lifesavers, and some yummy smelling gum!  That is totally going to work with me!!!  Plus those Milkybar buttons seem like they might disappear in a moment... 

And those Wizz Fizz packs...  I love fizzy candy stuff with a passion equal to that of a second grader.  I never grew up when it comes to interactive candies.   
I'm freaking out over REAL Tim Tams!  The Pepperage Farm ones they sell in the stores now just aren't as awesome.  I can't wait to do the Tim Tam Slam!  I can't get over all of the goodies!

OMG CHIPS! 

I don't know what is more tempting, the bacon and cheese balls or the pizza paws!  I am uncertain of this section lasting the weekend between my boyfriend and I.  Cheesy

I adore trying different teas, there are a bunch to add to my stash!  Plus some miscellaneous savory goodies, including Vegemite and cracker pack, beef jerkies, and CHEESE!!!

Here's a cute shot of Nina's nice note, as well as recipes!  We talked and did a little recipe swap in the boxes too.  Smiley  I was super psyched to see a recipe for Pavlova!  I think I might have to give that one a shot this weekend. 

Also- check out the adorable Koala!  I love his little eyes and cute nose!  He's just adorable.

So adorable in fact, I had to give my rabbit, Thor, a chance to emulate the Stuff On My Rabbit blog:

He didn't mind, and stayed really still with his Koala passenger, but I am a horrible photographer.  During the second round when I was trying not to crop half of the bunny or koala out of the picture, I had a hard time seating the little guy, so I had to give him a hand.

Such a super cute craft goodie, sitting in my hand to show his size!

I swear the Koala is not a bunny toy.  Smiley He's getting a nice spot in my room by my Scottish teddy! 

Thank you once again, Nina!  This was the most delightful package.  I know my boyfriend and I will be set on delicious goodies for a while!  I absolutely love everything, and can't wait to bring a couple little things to work to make my coworkers envious.  (and share some exotic Australian food with my work partner!) 

I hope you get my box really soon!  I think you'll like it a lot!

Now, if you will excuse me, I believe that coconut Bounty bar is calling my name.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013 08:20:08 PM »

look at the koala face!!!!

and omg candy-haul!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013 08:50:45 PM »

I need to hide my box.  It's nearly 8 and I haven't eaten a real dinner...  After pictures I started munching. 

Fortunately, I found I needed to save half of the Bounty bar for my sweetie.  (He keeps complaining about Almond Joys and Mounds- he wants an almond-less joy.  I know he'll dig the Bounty.) 

And why do international candies and snacks taste so much better than our regular stuff?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013 10:48:07 PM »

I am glad you like everything Smiley

The post office lady assured me that if I packed the boxes that way nothing would break as I wanted to bubble wrap everything.

Pawpaw is a tropic fruit it is yellow. They make paw paw ointment from it (I should of included some in both packages) I think it tastes like nail polish remover. Lol.

I tried to keep it a little bit healthy and a nice mix Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013 05:09:32 AM »

WOW!! Those boxes are awesome!!!  Its barely over and I cant wait for the next round!!! hahaha, I'm hoping my partner gets hers today, but it'll probably be Tuesday, unless you guys get mail delivery on Monday? We don't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sabin Willett on the Inspiration Behind Abide With Me
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips For Better Sleep
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips For Improving Your Sex Life
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips for Reducing Stress
Mary and Lou and Rhoda and Ted by Jennifer Armstrong
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...