These candles are so easy to make! You can use any image you like on them including color ink. I choose sugar skulls becuase Im doing my living room in day of the dead.
What you do:
1. Find an image you'd like to put on a candle. This can be anything from a photo or a picture you find on google.
2. Size your image to your candle. I saved the pictures and then pasted them in a word doc. I kinda eye balled it, and had to cut small pieces off of my image to fit on my candles, so this may be some trial and error.
3. Figure out which way your printer runs paper through the printer if you dont already know. I typed a few "aaa"s on a new word doc., put a piece of paper in my printer, wrote up on the paper so i knew which side i put face up, and printed. whichever way your letters com out is the side you want the image to be on.
4. carefully tape a piece of flat tissue paper that is as wrikle free as you can make it and that matches your candles color onto a piece of printer paper. I just used small pieces of tape and taped down the edges and corners.
5.Print your image out on the tissue paper side. cut them out as close to the outline as you can get.
6. Lay your image ontop of your candle where you want it to be, then wrap a piece of wax paper around the image and crumple it up in the back so you have a hand hold.
7. Take a heat gun (like an embossing gun, you might be able to get away with a hair dryer set on high heat) go over the candle in an up down motion with the heat gun. When the wax paper gets shiney you'll know the tissue paper has melted into the candle. After its all shiney over your images, its finished and you can turn the heat off and unwrap and enjoy!