A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three Tiny Movie Things, Round 4 (SU 3/10-3/24, SO 5/10)  (Read 15387 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2013 02:32:41 PM »

So the first movie I watched from calixta's list was Dead Man. It's been on my list of movies to watch for a few years now and I'm glad I finally did. It had some great moments in it and a huge cast of awesome actors (In my opinion if Iggy Pop or Tom Waits shows up in a movie I know it's a good one!). If you don't dig indie films then I would not suggest watching it. It is available on Netflix streaming.

I completely agree. Love Iggy Pop and Tom Waits. I definitely recommend Seven Psychopaths. Tom Waits in fantastic in it and the part is perfect for him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2013 04:34:13 PM »

Breaking news: I have had a craft idea.  Whether this becomes a reality remains to be seen.  I need to re-watch the other movies and see what else jumps out at me.  (I will admit I had seem all of my partner's movies, but I'd also seen almost everyone's movies - it's only March and I'm already at 60+ in my "watch 50 movies this year" goal... I think it's time I admit I've become a bit of a movie junkie... it happened when I gave up watching most TV shows...)

It also depends on if I can get the supplies.

Oh, wait... that idea might not work.  It might be from Firefly, the series, not Serenity, the movie.  Crud.  Hmmmmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2013 05:57:58 PM »

I completely agree. Love Iggy Pop and Tom Waits. I definitely recommend Seven Psychopaths. Tom Waits in fantastic in it and the part is perfect for him.

Yes! My husband and I watched that about a month ago. It was awesome!

I'm glad you liked it!  Jarmusch films are not for everybody but I love them.  And I totally agree with your Iggy Pop and Tom Waits assessment!  My second favorite Jarmusch movie is Down By Law which stars Tom Waits and in fact, jump started my personal fascination with the man and his music!
I picked up Ghostbusters at the library today and hope to watch it soon.  Who you gonna call?!  I remember how scary that ghost in the library was the first time I ever saw it!

I have never seen Down by Law, but it's going on my list now.  Wink The first movie I saw with Tom Waits in it was Dracula. He played such a good Renfield! My favorite thing though is the scene between him and Iggy Pop in Coffee and Cigarettes. Talk about awesome overload! It beats the scene between Bill Murray and the GZA and RZA by a hair.

That librarian ghost used to scare me to death! Ghostbusters is one of those movies that you watch as a kid and then when you watch it as an adult you realize how many "dirty" things are really in it. Goonies is the same way. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mariak
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2013 05:44:06 AM »

from partners list i have brought 2 films online and have to wait a week or more for delivery.  Sad BUT..... one of the films is on tv at the weekend.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

courtneyf
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2013 07:27:23 AM »

Already done some good crafting, having fun crafting for different movies, which happen to be some pretty good movies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2013 04:10:18 PM »

Breaking news: I have had a craft idea.  Whether this becomes a reality remains to be seen.  I need to re-watch the other movies and see what else jumps out at me.  (I will admit I had seem all of my partner's movies, but I'd also seen almost everyone's movies - it's only March and I'm already at 60+ in my "watch 50 movies this year" goal... I think it's time I admit I've become a bit of a movie junkie... it happened when I gave up watching most TV shows...)

Oh, wait... that idea might not work.  It might be from Firefly, the series, not Serenity, the movie.  Crud.  Hmmmmm...

I'm ok with that if you are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
Smeddley

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2013 04:15:20 PM »

I'm ok with that if you are.

Well, there is a technicality, in which the craft can be "inspired by" the movie, but I'll rewatch it with an eye out for that (how can I not remember?!) and then we'll see...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenleahlynn
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2013 01:36:09 PM »

i had a day off of work, and no kids for the day! i got out my copy of "you've got mail" and i had forgotten how many great lines are in that movie. i love it. my husand had taken our vhs tapes and burned them onto dvd. he had put "sleepless in seatle" on the same one so i watched that to. i got a good crafty idea  too.

i'm watching "brave" with my daughter this afternoon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Toralune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2013 09:47:18 PM »

Got the rest of the movies I need to watch from the library, but as seems to be typical of library dvds, it's only letting me watch about half of the movie overall. I, um, might have to find another way to watch it at some point. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2013 09:05:49 AM »

I had an 80s movie marathon this weekend!  Ghostbusters, Gremlins, and The Three Amigos!  (I threw the last one in on a whim)  Now I feel like wearing leg warmers and shoulder pads and growing my rat tail out again!   Grin  I'm still narrowing down my ideas of craft projects.  I'm forcing myself to wait until I've watched them all before I make final decisions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Comics Run: Batman Night of the Owls
The Comics Run: Avengers VS. X-Men Resumed
The Comics Run: Avengers VS. X-Men
Using Floppy Disks as Art Canvas
Incredible Feather Art
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...