A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap 17 (Sign Ups Closed, Send Outs 09/30/2013)  (Read 18578 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissSadieMae
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013 02:20:02 PM »

My LV will hopefully be taking a trip to the Texas Frightmare Weekend in May. We will get to meet Norman Reedus and Jon Bernthal  Shocked, then we will probably go to Riverfest and the zoo. Take a trip out the underwater caves, and maybe visit where the Bell Witch is from. We have more historic sites here then anything. Too bad they weren't here the other night, they would have gotten to meet Elvis, Johnny Cash, Rod Stewart and Jerry Lee Lewis.. Who by the way if you guys get the chance to check out Lance Lipinski and the Lovers, he is an amazing artist and is so so sweet..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013 02:38:28 PM »

I get to see my boring old town in a new light every time... and I end up learning new things about my home.
I agree! It makes me play "tourist" right here in my own city and region and gives me an excuse to get out and do things too. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Alexampersandra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013 07:18:26 PM »

I had so much fun last round pretending to be a tourist... in my tourist town home  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
kuraikatara
Feline Singer of Souls

Icon by TheDaytimeHeroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013 07:36:52 PM »

I always love reading the LV swap thread an following all the different LV's adventures! Especially when I get to see familiar sights  Grin I think I'd really enjoy joining in, but there are some times when I can barely get myself out of the house other than to work. I'd be worried that I'd bore my LV to death.

I wonder if it would be too silly to do a trial run, a mock swap so to speak with my own LV. It'd be like a 'staycation' XD Just to see if I could keep at it for that many months. I know I could at least visit Disney World once or thrice.

Then if something happens at work and I can't go out anywhere the only person disappointed is me, which would be the case either way XP
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013 07:37:50 PM by kuraikatara » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013 08:13:52 PM »

So.. I'm still really wanting to try this one more time. No big summer plans like last year, but planning a fun summer anyways here in Oregon. Anyone want to partner up in advance?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweety28303
"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013 09:38:56 PM »

I love LV swaps! But Fayetteville is so small, I'm starting to feel like I'm visiting the same places over and over. = [
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Any quilters interested in a personal swap?
Wildfyre
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013 09:45:04 PM »

If you want to join in be sure to send your questionnaire to me asap Smiley This swap tends to fill up fast and when we hit 20 participants I'll close the sign ups. Participants are listed at the bottom of the first post.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013 09:46:27 PM by Wildfyre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
stefaniegk
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013 09:48:57 PM »

I love LV! It's my favorite swap. I want to sign up too but I'm not sure if Giles will be going back out or someone else. I'm still waiting on Giles to come home as he ended up having transportation damage (his box label got removed) and so he got return to sender and he had to be resent to me. So I need to figure out who's going to go out.

*I'll put it out here too that I'm a crazy obsessed LV partner and if anyone else who REALLY gets into it and enjoys like a million pictures (seriously, I sent back 800 photos and videos last round!!) who wants their LV to visit Florida (beaches, Disney, theme parks, etc.) feel free to pm me about pairing up ahead of time. Since I love this swap, I'm always looking for a partner who also loves this swap to get into it like I do. Cheesy

I sent you a PM...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
stefaniegk
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013 09:50:07 PM »

I just sent in my questionnaire and I am working on creating my LV. First time but I am so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
halogenspock
That's Mr. Goldfishpollywog to you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013 11:16:59 PM »

Ok, so I don't crochet or anything else like that and most of my projects can't be mailed (large bookshelves don't fit).

Here's a swap I can do. I travel across the US for my job and I don't know where I'll go in the next few months so my LV will get to see some different places.

Jay is ready for his trip, he doesn't mind being constantly on the move!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Husband, father, geek, maker of stuff, sometime musician
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Chinese Food Meal Plan
Common Chinese Food Raw Sauces and Ingredients
How to Cut Chicken Meat into Strips and Triangle Shapes
Learn Chinese Food Cutting and Preparation Techniques
How to Cut Carrots into Slices ,Dice and Roll Cut- Chinese style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...