A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,520
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Cards 2013  (Read 623 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_card  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Antidigger
« on: December 05, 2013 01:54:46 AM »

Each year I make my own Christmas cards, usually more than 50 of them, often to a very similar design: take last years cards, cut out the interesting bits, layer them on several backgrounds to make an interesting frame, stick on a plain card.

This year I was the lucky recipient of a box of goodies from Bekibutton-thank you soooo much. It contained all sorts of bits and pieces that she wanted to destash. It proved quite an inspiration and so I offer to you a new bunch of Christmas cards. In case it's a little hard to see, the tiny cards inside the envelopes are actually Christmas stamps that I've collected from the post I was sent this time last year. It appealed to my sense of humour to put the stamps inside the envelopes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
gaudiknight
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013 03:17:29 PM »

Awesome cards! I love those teeny little envelopes. Did you have enough stamps saved to make 50 of them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013 03:24:50 PM »

What a totally cute and original idea. I have the die cut stamper to make these envelopes, too! Well worth the cost of it, as I have done many things with it.
50 cards??? You must have a giant bucket of friends.
I recycle the safety envelopes into the mini ones, or use magazine pages, or other junk mail, but your project looks much more professional with the happy colors. And adding the stamps was a unique touch.

I also used my die cut to make Valentine envies {red}, with mini paper inside {pink}, decorated with the tiniest of heart sticker at the top. I package those in 6's...and give to friends. They make a great lunch box token. For hubby, or kids...so my friends can send a mini greeting of encouragement. Or just leave as a mini surprise by the toothbrush?

I would be glad to send anyone interested a template that you can cut these ubber cute envies yourself with. They are easy to make, even if cut by hand. And help to destash your stuff!  Grin But the die cut machine is by far my favorite tool. Well, that and my Cropodile!  Roll Eyes

~T

Edit to add...machine is not the right word for it. It did not cost a lot. I got it 40% off at hobby lobby, and it is just a small press down kind of tool. Not like those Cricut units that are expensive.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013 03:28:37 PM by stillatthetop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Antidigger
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013 04:03:51 PM »

Awesome cards! I love those teeny little envelopes. Did you have enough stamps saved to make 50 of them?

Sadly no! These 7 are the only ones like this, but there are 45 more that I made in my more traditional way, to add to last years excess cards. I counted up this morning: I have 75 to send this year, thats an absurd amount of postage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
lady4feet
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013 12:40:10 PM »

75!! You know and amazing amount of people.

The mini envelopes are adorable. I have a card pinned that I want to make just because it has a mini envelope on it. The stamps are a great idea too, I use to save all of mine but after acquiring and envelope full and never using them I scraped them. You've given me a whole new reason to save again  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Section Your Hair
Creating Volume in Your Hair
Best Way to Blow Dry Your Hair
How to Do French Braiding
How to Cut Bangs for a Boy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...