A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prayer Flag Swap Rd 3--GALLERY!  (Read 14334 times)
Tags for this thread: prayer_flag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Antidigger
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2013 03:40:11 PM »

Everything here has been beautiful. I can't believe we are such a talented and creative bunch! I was going to wait until I received to post comments, but it now looks as if I'm going to be away for a few days next week, so here are the ones I've made on the flags as they've come up.

Smmarrt's flag from Leslieshappyheart is so cheerful and (of course) creative. I love all the fragments of fabric that add up to a beautiful thing. The fact the nest is a pocket is amazing.

Leslieshappyheart's flag from FoxyBlue is wonderful. I love the crochet elements such an inspired idea. Speaking of inspired, I love that you have to think a little about the theme and the picture: it inspires a little meditative thought.

Cabaute's flag from Blupaisan is amazing, those little plant highlights: really delightful. The quotation is fascinating too.

alwaysinmyroom's flag from Silentblair is really hopeful. I love the lettering and somehow the ribbon and ric-rak takes your heart upwards, maybe taking you to a place where you can be compassionate.

Cabaute's flag from Abbeeroad is incredible. I love that spiral, it's so rich and those stars take me through this galaxy where the quote always applies.

Ramona Q's flag from Suereal is really innovative. I adore the little metal charms with the words on  and the bells will sound marvellous in the garden.

Wdicwg's flag from Abbeeroad is brilliant. I love the feather and all those little details within it and the sentiment fits the background perfectly: peaceful, yet powerful.

Wdicwg's flag from Deathbeforedishes is pretty. The hummingbird is gorgeous and the netting gives a lift to the heart.

Pioneer9's flag from Deathbeforedishes is great. I love all the wee little elements  that contribute to the whole theme, most especially the ball of yarn.

FoxyBlue's flag from Leslieshappyheart is wonderful. I adore all the texture going on within it and the way the dragonfly escapes the boundaries just a little.

Deathbeforedishes' flag from Pioneer9 is magical. The use of the same fabric for the owl and the message just re-enforces the word. And the heart behind the owl also brings it home to me that wisdom begins in the heart, not the brain.

Annigirl22's flag from Pioneer9 is gorgeous. I love the use of organza to give the hazy effect. And the lace at the bottom is pretty too. The purple colour is luxuriantly lovely.

Rscowtown's flag from Charleen is delightful. I love snow it brings a childish pleasure to my heart and the quotation is splendid.

Silentblair's flag from Alwaysinmyroom is inspired. The ruffle for the waves works so well and the beads are lovely too. The colour, quilting and word all come together to really give the feeling of calm.

Susanab's flag from Perfectlybohemian is so joyful. The wee applique birds and then that special embroidered one rising up to praise, I almost feel that he is the one singing Halleujah.

Abbeeroad's flag from Perfectlybohemian is just right. The fabric and the words and the simple outline with the galaxy and stars within all add up to being one with the universe. I can't imagine a more perfect expression of the theme.
Leslieshappyheart's flag from Smmarrt reminds me very much of one of my favourite photographs- that makes me joyful too. The background gives that wee out-of-focus impression and gives all the glory to the poppies which are so elegant in their simplicity.

alwaysinmyroom's flag from Diesels_Mom is marvellous. The ship is perfect for the quotation and I love all the tiny embroidered waves. The stars in the background are lovely and the quotation itself I find inspiring.

Deathbeforedishes' flag from Wdicwg is glorious. I love the choice of the leaf background for the barebones painting of the tree (which reminds me of celtic knotwork) and the little beads bring a bit of sparkle to it. It seems to say to me: have the strength to stand by your wise choices, even when the world pulls you the other way.

Blupaisan's flag from Cabaute is so sweet. I love the flowers and the cat is really elegant. The quotation is so hopeful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2013 04:26:36 PM »

What a lovely summary, Antidigger.

And I concur, everyday brings a new technique and a new idea to consider.
I'm so proud to be part of this group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Working
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
3-D Bugs coming soon....
wdicwg

Remember that life is beautiful!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2013 09:29:21 PM »

I love the poppies on the joy flag and the colors are fabulous!
The quote on the strength flag is awesome and the background is verry pretty. I also love the sailboat.
The cat with the little flowers is cute and the quote is very inspiring.

deathbeforedishes I am glad you like your prayer flag! Smiley and thank you everyone for the nice comments on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is a drug I cannot live without." ~Cecil B. DeMille

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~Robert Brault

http://pinterest.com/swaffe08/
silentblair

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2013 03:41:13 AM »

cabute, what a pretty kitty!
I love the 3d flowers!

The wisdom flag is neat!
I think the use of beads is so clever!

I could just look at all the flags ALL DAY and be comforted.
Wouldn't these be a cool thing for the lobby of a yoga studio? I don't know why that popped into my head here at 5:30 in the morning? My mind wonders without coffee.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

Please pray for Isabelle! Help her beat the tumor!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2013 09:02:33 AM »

here is part of the flag i sent to wagonswest. I freehanded the word 'peace' on the sewing machine, and outlined some of the leaves with green thread. the flower is made from folding over a piece of 2" ish wide fabric and cutting every quarter inch or so, then winding it around and anchoring it at the base.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013 09:07:47 AM by rscowtown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings,
Laurel in Wisconsin

http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

Isabelle is 12, she has a huge tumor on her brain and all down her spine.  Can you please pray or send positive healing thoughts? Thanks so much!

PRAYER FLAGS!! Yes I'd love to private swaps of them, PM me please!
rscowtown

« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2013 09:12:00 AM »

here is the finished flag. i crocheted the stem and leaves, then added some green thread to accent. The al things grow with love is from my fabric stash. the back is muslin but i also added a piece of the same as the front (which was from a jelly roll) to cover the stitching and I made a tube of the fabric to run either a dowel or piece of ribbon thru for hanging.

I had fun making it and look forward to trying more flags in the future  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings,
Laurel in Wisconsin

Isabelle is 12, she has a huge tumor on her brain and all down her spine.  Can you please pray or send positive healing thoughts? Thanks so much!

rscowtown

« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2013 09:19:35 AM »

I love all the flags! each gives me new/different ideas that id like to try. What a wonderful batch of flags everyone has created!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings,
Laurel in Wisconsin

waggonswest

« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2013 08:14:31 AM »

Rscowtown.  Thanks for posting pictures.  This flag is absolutely beautiful.  I love it.  Thank so much. 

The flower is amazing. It is three dimensional and gorgeous. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2013 09:23:01 AM »

Love the colors--the patchwork is done so nicely!  The flower is really highlighted against the background---I think someone was on the same wavelength as I was Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2013 05:07:32 PM »

Diesels_Mom received her flag from me but does not have her camera so she asked me to post a pic of what I sent...

Here it is..she said she liked the color orange and one of her themes was "thistles"...

The flowers are yarn tassels.  I stamped the background a bit and used fabric pens to make thorns...I didn't really take any more pictures before I sent.

Glad you liked your flag, M!

Oh--I found this closer pic on my work computer! You can see some of the fabric stamping! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013 05:28:17 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Memorizing Lines Affects Your Audition
The Importance of Creating a Personal Acting Website
How to Social Network as an Actor
How to Stay in Character for an Audition
Watch This Instead Predators
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...