A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,788
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Batik Fabric Fat Quarter Swap Signups Closed; sendout Apr. 30  (Read 5369 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« on: March 05, 2013 07:41:38 PM »

Swap name: Batik Fabric Fat Quarter Swap

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: donniesgirl

Sign-up date range: Tuesday, March 5th –Sunday March 31st, OR UNTIL FULL
Date to send item by: Tuesday, April 30th
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24 spots (possibly less people)

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? N/A

Additional Age requirement? 18

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

This is a spinoff of the Novelty Fat Quarter Swap, except that instead of swapping novelty fabrics, we will swap batiks!.  Each participant will buy 1 yard each of 4 different batik fabrics (total of 4 yards of fabric). 100% cotton only, nice quality fabric please! You will cut the fabric into **Fat Quarters,** and send a set (1 FQ from each batik) of 4 fabrics to each person in your group, keeping the fourth set for yourself.

Confused? Here's an example. I'm in a group with Pam, Linda, Tonya, and myself. I buy a yard of multi colored sailboat batik, a yard of pink flower batik, a yard of green sea turtle fabric, and a yard of blue dolphin batik. I cut those into fat quarters and then make them up into sets of 4 FQ--1 each of sailboat, flower, sea turtle, and dolphin. One set goes to Pam, one to Linda, one to Tonya, and the fourth is mine!

*What's a Fat Quarter? A fat quarter is a piece of fabric approximately 18 inches by 21-22 inches. Standard fabric is generally 42-44 inches wide, and when you buy a 1 yard (36 inch) piece, you have a piece of fabric 36 inches by 42. When you cut that in half lengthwise and widthwise, you end up with a fat quarter. Quilters often like this cut of fabric better than a traditional 1/4 cut yard of fabric (9 inches by 41 because the dimensions may be friendlier to the squares/strips/pieces they want to cut. But anyone could have fun with a collection of Fat Quarters, they are great for sewing small items and starting or adding to a fabric stash, or you can combine some coordinating ones to make a fun project!

I'll partner people in groups according to themes and shipping ability (although I strongly consider saying "yes" to the shipping out of your country question if at all possible. It should be fairly cheap to ship a yard of fabric, plus think of the cool batiks you could be receiving from other countries! I) AM NOT taking allergies into consideration for this swap, it will be hard enough to group people as it is, and fabric should be coming into the home and leaving again quickly. If your allergies are bad enough that washing the fabric won't fix the problem, I advise you to sit this one out.

What themes might you pick? There are a ton of different types of fabric out there. When listing themes you can think less specific or more specific, but here's just a few~

Animals
--sea creatures
--birds

Nature
--leaves
--trees
--flowers

Communication is very important to me.  If you do not let me and/or your partners know when you have received, you will receive feedback comments.    It only takes two minutes to thank someone versus all the time they spent picking out fabric (and all the time I spend chasing down packagages) for you so thank you for your attention to this.   Smiley

If you want to participate, please reply to the thread, and then send information  to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Batik Fabric Fat Quarter Swap

Craftster username:

Email address:

Your real name:

Mailing address including the country, formatted for shipping:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?

Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

Have you already posted in the sign-up thread? If not please do so before sending your sign-up in so that you can get updates! (yes/no)

Please list 5 themes/colors you might be interested in receiving. I will do my best to accommodate people into similar groups. If you are flexible please list "any" as one of your themes (or as a sixth theme):

Are you signing up for 1 or 2 groups? To sign up for 2 groups you must either be an FOC, or have at least 5 swaps with very good feedback regarding shipping and communication. If you sign up for two groups, please list additional themes if you would like:

Do you understand that you will be sending out to 3 people (or 6 if you signed up for two groups)?

Do you understand that DC is required if shipping within the US?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO donniesgirl VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419216.0#ixzz2Mj82nNeh

1.  donniesgirl
2.  A2K
3.  hayleylujah
4.  littlehajerika
5.  Artmomto5
6.  Nolansmomster
7.  Smmarrt

Group 1
A2K
hayleylujah
littlehajerika
Nolansmomster

Group 2
A2K
Nolansmomster
Artmomto5
Smmarrt

Gallery
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013 06:30:11 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013 07:44:22 PM »

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! Can I fit this in? Let's see if my swaps all reach their destinations this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Ninni Swap - Partners!
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
4 x 6 Art Swap - Coming soon.....
donniesgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013 07:47:22 PM »

lol - well I closed you out of the Novelty FQ one, so I'm not the hold up.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013 09:12:55 PM »

I will be signing up for this one! I do feel like send-outs have kind of been dragging out for the novelty FQ swap though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013 04:20:03 AM »

I'm in for this one!  I'll send my signup pronto!  Thanks for organizing this one donniesgirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013 04:42:07 AM »

I will be signing up for this one! I do feel like send-outs have kind of been dragging out for the novelty FQ swap though...

There are only 3 people left to send and Saturday is the deadline. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013 05:24:08 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zeivin
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013 10:54:35 AM »

I would love to sign up for this one, but gotta make sure I have enough money in the budget... I'll have to get back to this one later and hope that it doesn't fill up too fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest: http://pinterest.com/jessiebrannan
deviantArt: zeivin.deviantart.com
hayleylujah
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013 05:59:05 PM »

My fabric stash is running low, so this is perfect! I'll send my questionnaire as soon as I finish my homework (which will motivate me to get it done faster).  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My jumbled blog of vegan rantings on food and crafts: http://limabeanlover.wordpress.com/
donniesgirl
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013 07:50:31 PM »

With all the people on the Novelty FQ swap expressing interest, I thought we'd have more sign ups than this...  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013 09:52:58 AM »

You're right donniesgirl! I sent in my questionnaire just now. I am excited for this. My local quilt shop has an insane batik room with probably 800 bolts of batiks. I can't wait to have a good reason to go in crazy in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Studio Photography Jobs
Learn How to Take Pictures of Food
How to Create a Makeshift Studio For Photography
How to Find a Photo Studio
Learn About Studio Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...