I made this book stack with my sister in mind and was inspired by MissLiberty25 on YouTube. I had a blast making it. All of the flowers on this book were hand made by me. The dragon fly is hand made. The upper right corner is an actual rose leaf and real Baby's Breath. As I am a new member and am unable to post pictures, I will attempt to describe what I can.
Hidden Drawer Book Stack
Considering it is the first time I have attempted something like this, I think it turned out pretty good.
Most of the elements on the cover, I either made or have had in my stash for quite some time. I did not go out an buy anything for this project.
I made the rose in the bottom corner from the giant flowers Cricut cartridge, but instead of putting the petals on what the cartridge calls the bud, I glued them to a circle and added the leaves.
I have no idea what the paper line used was. It was something I had for a long time and the cover had come off. The leaves are just white card stock sprayed with Ditto green glimmer spray. While the spray was still wet, I took the end of a paint brush and "drew" the leaf spines on. The butterfly is a feather butterfly I got from Michael's what seems like forever ago. The heart charms and pin are from a necklace I wore with a Halloween costume a few years ago and never wore again. I grunged up the charms with homemade gesso.
I made the dragonfly from things I had in my stash. The body is made out of beads that I had in my stash. The wings I made from packaging paper. I cut two long ovals. Green: outlined with dark green water based marker, colored rest of wing with lighter green water based marker, and drew the lines in with grey water based marker. I did this on both sides, sprayed with water, let it set for a few minutes, and then dried them with hair dryer on the hottest setting. Once dry, I coated both sides with clear crackle distress paint and let air dry. I did the same process with the blue wing. The wings were then threaded onto the wire followed by two more beads to finish off the body and the head.
The flowers are paper flowers from Michael's. I think I got them in the dollar aisle. I grunged the crown with gesso and adhered with hot glue. The chain is from another necklace I no longer wear. The green strip is an embossed piece of green card stock that has been distressed and grunged up with gesso.
The upper right corner was totally an experiment. I misted the corner with my homemade glimmer mist and let it dry. I then put down a pretty thick coat of homemade mod podge (Elmer's glue and water, more glue than water). The corner flower is 1/4 of a fabric flower I got in a garage sale a few years ago with a white bead glued to it then placed in the mod podge. That is an actual leaf from a rose my husband got me for Valentine's Day, and is also stuck down with mod podge. Then on top of the leaf, I put real baby's breath (yes, from the same flowers) and slathered them and the leaf in mod podge to get them to seal. Once the mod podge dried, I covered the whole thing in gesso and let it dry. I then went over the leaf with green water color paint, the baby's breath with pink mixed with red water color paint, and the fabric flower with purple water color paint. Once dry, I went over it one more time with mod podge. I did the stems in yellow green water color paint.
The books and drawers are actually made out of cardstock wrapped in scrapbook paper. The drawer pulls are bead, bead caps, and fishing line from my stash. The pages are from an old dictionary I got when I was in high school.