A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuff an Easter Basket Swap 2-Gallery  (Read 6138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RaraAvis
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013 01:47:30 PM »

Wow amazing package! Those Star Trek peeps are so cute! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobomom
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013 02:13:27 PM »

RikaHeart - I'm so glad you like it! I was so excited to send it all to you! It was a blast to make and put together. The blue thing is a tree- I found these tiny styrofoam tree forms and this cool yarn covered wire, so I thought it would be a festive decoration Smiley  It also looks kind of Dr. Seussy. 

The Trek hair clip is just made from felt that I embroidered together and added the star part in the middle.  Then I glued it to an alligator clip.  I got the image off of google images (Star Trek insignia).  The bunny one is a felt piece I had bought off of etsy.

Have a great time at the convention!  I'm sure you will have a great time! I can't believe Patrick Stewart wants that much for an autograph!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RikaHeart

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013 03:21:11 PM »

RikaHeart - I'm so glad you like it! I was so excited to send it all to you! It was a blast to make and put together. The blue thing is a tree- I found these tiny styrofoam tree forms and this cool yarn covered wire, so I thought it would be a festive decoration Smiley  It also looks kind of Dr. Seussy. 

The Trek hair clip is just made from felt that I embroidered together and added the star part in the middle.  Then I glued it to an alligator clip.  I got the image off of google images (Star Trek insignia).  The bunny one is a felt piece I had bought off of etsy.

Have a great time at the convention!  I'm sure you will have a great time! I can't believe Patrick Stewart wants that much for an autograph!

He wants 85 for a Picture with him.. Sheesh. You think he can cool it on the price with the money problems xD

I love it! Thank you so much! xD It took me a bit to figure out what the Blue thing was xD I put the little Pink chick on top of the tree. So she's saying "LOOK AT ME!!!" xD Now I just got to keep Toby away from the dolls. *grab a couch pillow to chase her mom's dog away from her stuff* I'm in Star Trek Heaven xD.  The Clips are so cute! I'll be wearing them! Especially the Star Trek with my DS9 [Engineer, gold] Outfit. ^.^ And Get a picture of it soon! Alligator clip, I never heard of that.. Gotta make a note to look it up. *Put her Ipad, Nook, 3DS and some Crochet Items in it* xD Okay. It's Ready to be used xD. Yes, I'm hyper xD.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013 07:19:52 AM »

Tracking # says my partner's package is out for delivery.  A day early!  Yay! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013 02:46:39 PM »

Yay, my partner received her package today!  Tracking # says it was delivered.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
handmadewithlove
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013 02:07:13 PM »

Hi, Easter Swappers!  I received my wonderful swap package this afternoon!  I am still recovering from the amazement of how thoughtful my partner was.  Unfortunately, I have a broomstick lace crochet class this evening, so I won't be able to post the pictures until after I get home.  Sorry to keep everyone in suspense Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
handmadewithlove
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013 08:14:57 PM »

I am ready to share my amazing swap package! All the items are crafted in the perfect color scheme, so my partner has excellent cyber-stalking skills---though, she got everything so right, I am not fully convinced she did not drive halfway across the country and peak into my windows. Lol!  My partner and I agreed to extra crafting for each other.

Let me say in advance I am no photographer, so these photos do not portray how beautiful the items are.

Here is how everything looked right out of the shipping box:

I will start with the hand crafted items:

Two red and aqua patchwork baskets.  I have recently become obsessed with the red and aqua color scheme and have been thinking of this scheme for the guest room, and these baskets are a great inspirational jumping off point! Plus, she worked in polka dots, a favorite of mine!

Two soy candles, made in Mikasa "coventry" teacups---with the most delicate handles little handles.  I would love to drink my tea out of these teacups, if I ever work up the courage to burn the candles.

A crochet project bag, which I have desperately wanted. This bag looks and functions exactly the way I wanted it to.  I love the drawstring! I received this today and then got to use it this evening at a broomstick lace class I attended.  This bag holds an amazing amount---tonight I had two skeins of yarn, my crochet needle pouch, a notebook, keys, phone, and there was still room to purchase two more skeins of yarn at the class and tote them home.

Here is a view from the front.

Here is a view from the side (the mustard color paisley fabric is beautiful---paisley print, another favorite).

A Spring-themed table runner, which I also had at the very top of my wishlist.  This one is reversible, so it will be getting a lot of use. Here it is folded over so you can see what both fabrics are.

One side has a chevron print in Spring colors (my love of chevron print fabrics runs so deep, my partner told me it actually rubbed off on her during the swap Smiley). My ceramic Easter bunnies like how they look sitting on this table runner. See the pink pom pom trim?  It is such a cute embellishment.

The very sophisticated floral print side of the table runner.  I admitted to having a slight obsession with linen and the background of this fabric is a cream linen. I am already building a Mother's Day brunch tablescape around this runner. What beautiful, soft colors!

A granny square style crochet pincushion from my wish list, though this one looks like a cupcake and is much cuter than any of the ones I pinned.  Also, some tiny little knitted eggs---love that these can be re-used over and over.

Here is the underside of the pincushion:

A different angle on the front of the pincushion:

Probably the sweetest thing in the history of swapping----two bandanna bibs for my best friend, who just delivered her twin girls six weeks early.  This was above and beyond thoughtful! The bibs are made of pink floral flannel on the front and have brown fleece on the back. The card my partner sent is standing in the background and if you look very closely, you can see a chevron print bunny in the very center!!!!

Now, for some extras!

A "Welcome" sign that is already hanging up outside.  My house is painted yellow, so this is a perfect match.  I listed vintage Easter as something I liked and I was so happy to receive something in that theme.

A polka dot tin and an egg-shaped box with a vintage Easter scene.  These had candy inside!

A handkerchief that is lovely and very special, and a pack of cute tissues (which is handy, since I don't know whether I can bring myself to use the handkerchief, as it is one of the more beautiful ones in my collection)

Thank you, sarahelise, for making my first swap so special---you were a wonderful partner.  I can feel the time, attention, and thought you put into every item.  This is the best Spring ever!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahelise
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013 09:05:09 PM »

Yay yay yay yay!  I'm so glad everything got there and that the handles on the teacups survived in tact!  I was a bit nervous about that.  I also am glad you like the floral on the table runner, as I know you said you weren't a big fan of large-scale florals, but it just seemed so much more special than any of the plain linens I found, so I took a leap of faith.   

In response to the Chevron obsession... I purchased enough of that fab chevron fabric to be able to make new curtains for my bathroom.  Yep, you definitely rubbed off on me!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I had a needle and thread, fine as I could sew, I'd sew my true love to my side, and down the creek

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sarahelise41/
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahschar
handmadewithlove
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013 10:24:53 PM »

Yay yay yay yay!  I'm so glad everything got there and that the handles on the teacups survived in tact!  I was a bit nervous about that.  I also am glad you like the floral on the table runner, as I know you said you weren't a big fan of large-scale florals, but it just seemed so much more special than any of the plain linens I found, so I took a leap of faith.    

In response to the Chevron obsession... I purchased enough of that fab chevron fabric to be able to make new curtains for my bathroom.  Yep, you definitely rubbed off on me!   Wink

As soon as I saw the table runner, my "I don't like large-scale florals" comment on my questionnaire popped into my head and I was so happy you went with your instinct!  The pattern is gorgeous!  I keep staring at the two shades of yellow in the pattern---yellow is tough, a lot of times it comes out too school bus-ish, but these are perfect.  If I fall too much more in love with this fabric, I am going to have to find out where you purchased it because I am thinking this table runner might need friends, like napkins, or curtains.

Sorry about passing the chevron cooties over to you---I will warn you, once it gets ahold of you, it's got you---just look at my Pinterest if you don't believe me! Lol!

Thanks again for such a special package!

I cyber stalked your packages tonight and they are on time and still set to be delivered today.  I can't wait!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013 10:28:44 PM by handmadewithlove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaraAvis

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013 08:13:59 AM »

Wonderful package! The red and aqua patchwork baskets are beautiful. The table runner is fabulous too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Depth of Field in Photoshop
How to Create Slow Motion in Sony Vegas
How to Create Colorful Typography in Photoshop
How to Create Shiny Reflective Text in Photoshop
How to Remove Vocals in Audacity
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...