A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 106765 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #900 on: May 28, 2013 06:35:20 AM »

Hello fellow students!  I know I've been truant for quite a while.  There was an incident with some Death Eaters and I've been on the run.  In the meantime, though, I managed to finish my OWL!!!!!!  

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Muggle Studies OWL
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Lothlorien
Project Page Link:

Blanket - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/elven-pixie-baby-blanket

Hat - http://crochetkitten.blogspot.com/2012/02/babys-first-cloche.html

I just winged it for the flower, making 1 with 7 petals using double crochet stitch, and 1 with 5 using single crochet.

Brief Description: This is based on the very popular Muggle Lord of the Rings series.  I wanted to create a blanket that evoked the gifts of Lady Galadriel.  

Here's the blanket just after blocking.  Even though it's acrylic (and oh SOOOOO soft!) I learned that it could be blocked by holding the iron above the fabric WITHOUT touching it.  Using the steam and your fingers, you can get things to lie flatter and look much nicer.

Here's the wee hat (crocheted)

And here they are a little closer:

This took me way longer than it should have because I had to keep unknitting and re-knitting bits that I messed up, but I'm really happy with the result, and I hope little Lucie loves it. Smiley  

P.S. - I'd really like to comment on all the WONDERFUL things I saw here while catching up, but it would take me well over an hour!  You all have been making such amazing things!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013 06:38:34 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #901 on: May 28, 2013 08:14:12 AM »

teag - love the Snidget and stamps!

tiamatfire - good luck with working and a sick kiddo (neither are very fun!). Those cheese buns look sooo good! Wish I could have a taste!

Woohooo! Way to go pinkleo! Roar Gryffindor! Some awesome crochet work going on there. I especially love that heart square.

FiberAlchemist - That hoop is Beautiful!! Love the colors, the designs - everything!

Moonflame - Very sweet OWL! It even looks soft in the pics! Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #902 on: May 28, 2013 12:45:53 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!  And while you're there be sure to check out the inspiration projects from all around Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: May 28, 2013 01:18:24 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

This is just a reminder that the Bertie Bott's Mini Challenge Beans are posted every two weeks.  Since the newest one has been posted today, it will be running INTO next semester of the HPC.  You may choose to post a project to complete it either this semester, or next, but not both.  And as always, you are free to choose to do any, all, or none of these challenges.  The goal is only to get your crafty mojo going.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #904 on: May 28, 2013 01:51:56 PM »

Kiss jennie!

I have missed the past 2 beans!!! Shocked  Truly jarring!
But I have been on a serious hunt....and planning for Summer Cool.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013 01:52:08 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #905 on: May 28, 2013 05:02:45 PM »

aaaaaaaand.... DONE! Woop! I totally skipped revision the last couple of evenings to get my OWL finished up before the end of term.

OWL Subject & Option: SoAR Option 1
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: the third embroidery

so, to spare innocent eyes, I will only show the last letter (you guys have seen the rest in my progress pics... so I'm sure with a little bit of anagramming you can figure out what it says), and the ribbon trim I have attached:

I am having serious inability to get pictures that show true colours tonight Sad
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___
Challenge: Battle of Hogwarts
Project: the first two embroideries

So, since the battle for hogwarts was really just the culmination of a much greater task, I decided that my project for this should be to finish a WIP. I have many WIPs to choose from  Roll Eyes and so I choose this one for the battle to particularly honour Molly Weasley - she fought for love, for her children, for all the lost mothers she had known (Lily, Alice.... even Merope) and to prevent more from being lost.
Molly is an affectionate and tactile mum, and I thought these words encapsulated that - I had already cross stitched the lettering, and tonight completed the projects by sewing on ribbon trim

I have zero idea what I'm actually going to do with these now they're finally finished.... any suggestions welcome! (maybe cushions? Do I really have room for more cushions?)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013 07:36:44 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Eiseldora
« Reply #906 on: May 28, 2013 05:51:44 PM »

I love it noodlebug. That is a great OWL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #907 on: May 28, 2013 07:34:03 PM »

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Scott Sketch
Project Page Link (if available): It's available, but only appeals to a certain group of people!  Cheesy
Brief Description: I knew I was going to do something pertaining to DH, since he's created some influential music in the Muggle world, but I was at a loss as to what to do. I thought about painting but I'm a lousy painter and I hadn't picked up a pencil, other than to make a grocery list, in over a decade...eek. Well, I settled on sketching him drumming and singing. The problem was there are few photos from the time I wanted to capture so I resorted to using a still from a youtube video. Going to have to buy charcoal pencils and try again later.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013 05:52:22 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #908 on: May 28, 2013 08:11:05 PM »

Oh geez, I've been horrible about commenting on everyone's most excellent projects, but I'm going to try!

WhistleFish, I LOVE your OWL. It's beautiful and perfect! Great job.

teag, what can I say? You always make awesome art and your storytelling makes me   happy. Ravenclaw journal is my fave!

travelgirl, I'm in awe of your waffle weave (I'm guessing that's what it's called!) square.

patty_o, I'm calling you patty_oh,oh,OH! from now on because that's what I think every time you post something.

FiberAlchemist, BONK! That was me, falling out of my chair when I saw your quilt.  Shocked

Maman, Yay! A mei tai! Every mother should have one. Can't wait to see new baby pics from you.  Wink

noodle-bug, I'm headed to your house to learn the art of embroidery. And cross-stitch. And JJ doll making. And....

jenleahlynn, your drawings and watercolours are wonderful!

Naantje, congrats on finishing a gorgeous blanket. What a lucky baby!

Eiseldora, WooHoo! Loving all the SCA projects! I bet you had a blast.

jennie, your Healing Breath bracelet is wonderful.

tia, mmmmm, Brazilian cheese buns...delish!

MoonFlame, gorgeous blanket!!!! Love it!

and pinkleo, with those perfectly executed squares: I'd love to see your stash.

Thank you, Headmistresses, for all that you do here; we love you for it!

Oh my, I need a drink now. Whew!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013 08:13:09 PM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #909 on: May 28, 2013 08:50:50 PM »

patty_o, I'm calling you patty_oh,oh,OH! from now on because that's what I think every time you post something.
LOL!  I love that.  You rock.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Battle of Hogwarts
Project Name: Piertotum Locomotor
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: So my favorite part of the Battle of Hogwarts has to be Professor McGonagall and her giddy little, "I've always wanted to use that spell!"  Used that as my inspiration and made a little keychain with a polymer clay stone guard and some beads.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Tooth Fairy Box
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description:  Here's a tooth fairy box for all those geranium teeth that get loose in the process of cleaning!  It'll make the poor things a bit more calm if you remind them that the tooth fairy will bring them a favorite treat!
~Found this little wooden tooth box at the second hand store and knew it had to have a home with my girls.  I've been wanting to make them a tooth fairy pillow or something and this popped up!  So I sanded it down a bit, added some wood glue, painted and added the cute fairy writing on top.  
Project Picture:

little hidey hole for the tooth

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Popcorn Popping
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiRVaey_OCA  that's the best music video I could find of it.  Still not the best, but at least it gives an idea of the song.
Brief Description: One of the girls favorite songs for spring is Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree.  Made some popcorn to honor that song now that spring is coming to a close.  I just made regular popcorn and covered it with melted white chocolate, heart sprinkles, m&m's, and when that wasn't enough chocolate, drizzled some dark chocolate over the top.  Delicious!
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013 09:24:49 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Discovering Abigail May Alcott with Eve LaPlante
How to Write a Short Story
How to Write Rhyme
How to Improve Your Handwriting
Using Twitter to Exercise Creative Writing Skills
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...