A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,331
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 151259 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #890 on: May 25, 2013 07:34:50 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Astronomy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Large Bear Stencils
For this prompt I decided to make some stencils to use with my newly aquired screen printing skill.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 07:39:29 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #891 on: May 25, 2013 07:37:37 PM »

Awesome progress on the advanced studies guys! Looking good. And there's no way I'm making the deadline for my NEWT either, noodle-bug. And I think this is my second semester carrying over, so I wouldn't worry!

jennie - LOVE that lotus pose charm!! You always find the best and most unique charms.

Eiseldora - another beautiful snood!!

pottermouth - super cute hoop! Why is it so hard to make something that you actually get to keep?!?! Great accomplishment!

teag - that journal totally blows me away. The detail is stunning. And to think it's a WIP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #892 on: May 25, 2013 09:33:07 PM »

Challenge: The Horcrux Hunt: Marvolo Gaunt's Ring
Project Name: Snetch

Brief Description:

I don't know how many of you know this, But the Golden Snitch was originally not a ball, but a little bird called a Golden Snidget. It was introduced in 1269. when the Chief of the Wizard's council Barberus Bragge, unleashed a Golden Snidget during a Quidditch match, offering a reward of 150 Galleons to the player who caught the Snidget. 
    Prior to this time, before Quidditch was an organized sport, people would use a snetch. The snetch also golden in color was a one eyed multi- legged aquatic land creature that dwells equally well in water and on land but because the snetch was easily caught the game ended very quickly it was because of this an alternative had to be found and  the golden snidget was introduced, due to the endangered species act the snidget was replaced by the golden snitch which are made by highly skilled wizards.

Challenge: The Horcrux Hunt: Nagini
Project Name: leaf  reproductions

Inspired by Neville Longbottom I created these leaf rubber stamps to embellish my herbology journal

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chuckiegirl
« Reply #893 on: May 26, 2013 06:47:54 AM »

The journal is amazing and the illustrations are fantastic. I would have a hard time playing the game because I would want to sit down and just read the journal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiamatfire
« Reply #894 on: May 26, 2013 01:30:14 PM »

Sorry guys a drive-by posting again.  Been busy with the munchkin having pneumonia Sad and adjusting to full time work.  I have a bean though and wanted to post it before it changes!

Challenge: Bertie Botts - Baked Bean
House: Gryffindor
Name:  Po de queijo

These little Brazilian cheese buns are naturally gluten-free!  I made them last night using cheddar, which I think I prefer to parmesan.  I changed it up a bit, by make the batter a little thinner with a bit more milk, and then putting it into a mini-muffin tin.  As long as your pan is non-stick, you won't even need to grease it for these little babies to pop right out.

Recipe here: http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/pao-de-queijo-boxed-mix-copycat-recipe/

And picture here:  

I missed Advance Studies Friday, but basically I still haven't touched my NEWT and the OWL sweater has been neglected for a week.  I'm working on it right now, and am over halfway done the hood.  Then it's just sleeves and I'm done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #895 on: May 26, 2013 03:08:43 PM »

Hope everyone is having a crafty weekend! Grin

I'm alive!  I swear....I'm trying to craft up a storm.  (completing assignments & swap packages & such)  Plus, working on Summer Semester Cool  I will be updating tomorrow (I'm going to try to finish up a few more pieces today....MUAHAHAHA, crafty madness ensues Grin)

~*HPC Staff, I haven't forgotten you!  I'll be sending owls tomorrow too.  Think if you want to stay on, and if desired, ponder class prompts. Cool*~

Okay, a few turn-ins before I dive back into my stash...

Class: CoMC
SPEW: for Afghans for Pine Ridge
Gryffie Extra Credit: CoMC~10"x10" or large-below project is 12" square
Project Name: Woodland Dream
Free Pattern Link: Winter Dream by April Moreland
Brief Description: For my assignment, I studied the bowtruckles ability to camouflage in their woodland habitat.  I have bewitch this 12" to blend into any woodland setting, and hope it will be use by the bowtruckles to keep cozy while in slumber.
Project Picture:

Class: DADA
Gryffie Extra Credit: Divination~Speculate about the near or distant future and incorporate some aspect of your speculation in your craft ....I have looked into the beyond and have seen stacks & stacks of squares coming together to blanket those in need.  I take this vision to mean that my future is full of charity crafting, especially in the form of squares & blankets.
Project Name: Lion Patronus Square
Free Pattern Link: Lion's Mane 12" Square by April Moreland
Brief Description: I present my Patronus Blue Lion Square.  This square encompasses my lion patronus and joyous thoughts of my mother teaching me to crochet, my luck to craft & have this forum to share it, and the ability to bless others.

Class: Potions
Gryffie Extra Credit: Potions~representing Angel's Trumpet..used in Angel's Trumpet Draught

Project Name:Step 11
Pattern Used: Wisteria by Jan Eaton
Brief Description: One scent that lures me every time is that of lavender.  Below are a few squares in honor of that wondrous fragrance.

Class: Divnation
Project Name: of Hearts
Free Pattern Link: Center Heart Square by Ginger Badger (warning, a tricky square)
Brief Description: Again & again I have laid out my cards, and for me, one appears at every turn, the Ace of Hearts.  So I decided to represent its meaning here.  The Ace of Hearts – Love and happiness. The home, a love letter. This card is a particularly favorable card that indicates troubles and problems lifting. Has to do with one’s home or environment.  I worked up a 12" square with a single heart for my ace.  This square shall be donated with love to someone who needs warmth in their home.  I hope a bit of magic has been worked into the stitches so that my hope of love and comfort carries over to them.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013 03:09:16 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #896 on: May 26, 2013 03:31:04 PM »

Class: Astronomy
Gryffie Extra Credit: Arithmancy-both my heart & character numbers are 6.  I'm representing that with 6" squares.
Project Name:Stargazing Squares
Free Pattern Link: Ursa Major by Patrizia Pisani (be forewarned that this pattern is quite amiss...if attempting, I suggest using a photo guide)
Brief Description:  I have been stargazing and studying Ursa Major.  After which I did a bit of research...for how was I to capture this beauty.  Luck would have it that I found Pisani's Ursa Major pattern.  I grab my wand aka crochet hook and stellar hues.  My final results...

Challenges: Horcrux Hunt-Nagini, Locket, and Diadem
SPEWx3: for Afghans for Pine Ridge
Project Name:three houses
Free Pattern Link: Bold Squares by Dayna Audirsch (altered pattern a bit because I was watching tv & didn't take time to read all the way through)
Brief Description: I have hunted down 3 horcruxes (I didn't want to overwhelm you with long post of basically same story).  Below are Nagini-12" Gryffie Square, Locket-12" Slytherin Square, and Diadem-12" Ravenclaw Square.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helcura

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #897 on: May 26, 2013 08:50:51 PM »

Those lavender squares are lovely - beautiful work in a beautiful color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #898 on: May 27, 2013 01:48:02 PM »

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: A Tree in Autumn
Brief Description: I was inspired by the Bowtruckle's natural habitat and decided to stitch up a tree (design by UrbanThreads).  I used autumnal colors because it is my favorite season (and because I for some reason only have one color of green floss in my floss stash).  I think it is a tree any Bowtruckle would be proud to call home.

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #899 on: May 27, 2013 02:48:11 PM »

~*House Points Spell Cast*~

@Eiseldora: what a treasure of pieces!  And absolutely adore your snoods. Grin

@FiberAlchemist: Your Autumn Tree is GORGEOUS!!! Shocked

@jenleahlynn: lovely portrait & gorgeous tree Grin  ~*OWL Approved*~

@jennie: Kiss ((HUGS))....and adore your bracelets Grin

@Naantje: such an adorable baby hat Grin

@noodle-bug: I cannot WAIT to see your completed NEWT! Cool

@pottermouth: Your chair is coming along swimmingly...adore that pattern and LOVE your fave things hoopla

@teag: Shocked Wowzers!  I'm in awe of your journal work!   and Cheesy love the Snetch! Cool

@tia: Sending healing blessings to your household! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Repair Your Skin With the Power of Vitamin C
Simple Secret Makeup Trick
June 2015 Birchbox Sample Choice and Birchbox Plus Reveal
Taylor Swift Inspired Makeup Tutorial
VF COLLECTIONS: Roberto Cavalli - Fall 2015 - Milan Fashion Week - Backstage, Runway & Interviews
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...