A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 138924 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: May 24, 2013 10:23:02 AM »

I am crafting away but neglecting my Advanced Studies Undecided...I am determined to find all the horcruxes! Cool

I found my last Horcrux this morning!  Pictures coming soon...

In the mean time I'm a pinch further on my NEWT.  I have just 2 rounds of DC and 1 round of SC stitches left on my Two Faithful Souls Ghan.  Getting a few quick things done at work, then ducking out early for Memorial Day weekend.  Hope to finish it tonight!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #881 on: May 24, 2013 11:08:47 AM »

AH! Only a week left!! I still have two horcruxes to find!! I have an idea, but need to find some extra time around here somewhere....

I've got one more row on my NEWT, but no pic at the moment. I'm scrambling to get everything ready for my kiddo's Mario birthday party this weekend (but still have time to jump on Craftster!)...one more game/activity and food to go! Ack!

Awesome crafty explosions jenleahlynn and Eiseldora!!

Battling cancer and winning shows you're a Gryffindor through and through jenleahlynn. You rock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #882 on: May 24, 2013 01:09:11 PM »

Settling down to start hookin'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #883 on: May 24, 2013 03:33:27 PM »

Advanced Studies progress:

Half of one chair complete and I really, really hope to find time this weekend to finish up. This semester flew by!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #884 on: May 24, 2013 03:56:59 PM »

Newt progress... one more letter finished.
The revision residential last weekend has made me aware of how horribly I am going to fail my exam unless I do some mega-time-uber-serious-study, so my progress on this has slowed, I don't think I'll get it done before end of term Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #885 on: May 24, 2013 04:33:15 PM »

These projects look great!

I'm hoping to get into a serious amount of yarn this weekend.  Not only am I in the middle of a massive Horcrux hunt, I've just got my delivery of 31 skeins for a gift I'm working on. (31!) and now I'm kinda wondering what the hell I was thinking. haha!  It has a deadline and I hope to Hogwarts I get it done in time!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

(Noodle: I am totally in love with your letters! I want them!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #886 on: May 24, 2013 07:47:19 PM »

Advanced Studies Friday Update:
Well, I hooked my heart out this afternoon, and I managed to finish the two rounds of double crochet that I had left.  I did not however get through the round of single crochet that finishes off the afghan, or weave in my last 8 ends of yarn.  I'll have to come back to it Monday or Tuesday night.

I've also completed History of Magic, the Horcrux Hunt, the Battle of Hogwarts Challenge, and the Bertie Bott's Spinach Challenge.  I've been on a roll these last 3 days!  Can't post HoM till it is received as an Angel Package though, so most of these won't be posted till next week.  Cheesy

In other, more Headmistressy news, I will be away with my family for Memorial Day Weekend.  As such I might, or might not, be able to post the new Bertie Bott's Challenge on Sunday night.  It might end up getting posted on Monday.  If so, don't worry friends.

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Spinach
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Healing Breath Bracelet & bonus Protection Bracelet

Brief Description: I've been going to yoga again for the last year and have noticed how much better I've been feeling.  Happier, lighter, stronger, and just generally more focused.  Sometimes however I have trouble focusing as much as I should on my breath.  This bracelet was created to help remind me to focus on the healing power of deep yogic breathing.  The beads are amethyst, which is a healing stone, and the charm is a little person sitting in lotus.  Since this took me less than 30 minutes, I decided to make a second bonus bracelet for my darling Pinkleo.  Both of us have had a rough few weeks, so for her I created a quartzite bracelet in pinks and purples, with a Hamsa, a charm used to protect one from the Evil Eye and other negative energy.  Pinks, it will be in the mail soon!  (Perhaps with your shrines!)
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #887 on: May 25, 2013 05:03:50 PM »

I thought I'd turned in these projects, but apparently I missed posting them when I was on vacation.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Divination
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Snood
Project Page Link (if available): On Ravelry
Brief Description:In the traditional playing card deck, there are 4 cards that feature a queen. Each of these images have a veils or head covering. In some of the earliest depictions of the queen she is wearing a hairnet/snood. So for this challenge I knitted snoods that cover and contain a queens hair as drawn on the card.
Project Picture:

Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Crocheted Ear Warmers/Blindfold
Project Page Link: On Ravelry
Brief Description: I selected yarn that is the color of wood lice larva and doxy eggs. When I need to gather bark I sprinkle some doxy eggs into the band and leave it on one of the tree branches. While the bowtruckle search for the eggs hidden within I'm able to gather more bark. Secondly if I don't have any eggs to add I can use it as a blindfold to protect my eyes while I rip bark off the tree. (I learned how to crochet and this was one of my first projects. I used single, double and triple crochet to make it.)

I've been working on Astronomy and Herbology this weekend, so hopefully I can post them later today or tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #888 on: May 25, 2013 05:52:33 PM »

Class: Potions
Project Name: A Few of My Favourite Things hoopla
Brief Description: Mmmm..., I smell cinnamon Red Hots... and a new box of crayons... and Old Spice deodorant.  Tongue. The four little hearts also represent my children and, because I really didn't want to stitch up the Old Spice Guy, I substituted the song that reminds me of DH. This project was a stitch-as-you-go because I forgot how important it is to chart a pattern before tackling it. Hence the misalignment. That's okay, though, because I FINISHED a project that is just for me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #889 on: May 25, 2013 07:14:19 PM »

Challenge: The horcrux hunt Tom Riddle's Diary
Project Name: inside Ravenclaw's journal

Brief Description: when I was creating The HSAV Game I needed a place to keep all the facts that went on the game cards all 77 of them- so I grabbed the Ravenclaw journal, numbered the pages, and started writing down all the information I needed for the game in a semi- organized manner, all of the drawings and illustrations were a complete after thought and were drawn to fill in blank spaces- It is a true work in progress, I am always adding info and facts when creating stories for my posts

which came first? the currency page- I realized recently that it looked kinda funny stuck in the middle of nowhere by itself so I added the Gringott's page and illustrations

Hogwart's Subjects page, I am still debating whether or not to add color

Map of Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley and Memorial alley

I used a red brick border around all of the Diagonally stores pages - Grffyndor crest was used to fill in a blank spot on the page that looked very odd

Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw crests, again, used to fill blank spaces

Slytherin crest and Hogwart subjects pages

the dictionary section of the journal, complete with illustrations

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cheap Wig Look Amazing
Hair Styling Tips for Fall
How to Rock the Cheerleader Hairstyle
How to Do Beach Waves in 5 Minutes
Big Hair Tips with Tati
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Marinara Sauce
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...