A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 117643 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #850 on: May 17, 2013 06:12:16 PM »

Naantje I am so sorry for your loss Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family,

hugs,
Tesa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #851 on: May 17, 2013 06:17:58 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy + SPEW
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: rootbeer suckers
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: I used my knowledge of some of the alchemy process making these suckers.  I had to heat sugar to specifically 300 degrees to create a hardening reaction and then mold them into individual pieces.  Made them rootbeer flavored.  Yum!  These are for a local young womens fund raiser that they're doing tomorrow.  When I took them, the head lady said they already had a neighborhood teen boy over asking if they were having suckers again.  Guess they remembered them clear from last year!  lol
Project Picture:

my molds.  They are getting mixed together, there's halloween cats, valentines hearts, shapes, transportation, flowers. I just made all that were left out of their bags.  I have a bunch of different kinds!

all wrapped up and ready!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy + SPEW
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: constellation cookies
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: Made some cookies inspired by constellations, both made up and real.  There's at least Ursa major in there!  I love these cookies, peanut butter oatmeal with m&ms.  no flour!  But not really gluten free as my oats aren't specifically gluten free. So celiacs probably shouldn't eat them, but these are my gluten allergic father in laws faaaavorite. I've made these monster cookies for years now and have given the young womens them for at least the past two.  They always sell out.  To be honest, I'm not thrilled with this batch.  Usually they flatten out way more so they are the size of plates.  I can only get three to a cookie sheet.  These didn't Sad  so they aren't quite as eye popping.  But they take so much time I'm not making any more, so they'll just not have as great of quality this year.  And my ocd is bugging me that I didn't give them A+ cookies.  They are still delicious, so I should be happy and they don't care, they'll sell, but I wasn't bringing my A game this year.  I'll do better next!
Project Picture:
Here's ursa!

them all on my table

I wrap them individually to sell and here's the suckers in big gallon jars ready to go!  Hope they sell a bunch and make all the money they need to go to camp this summer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: May 18, 2013 02:31:21 PM »

NEWT Subject: Charms (proposal)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Tres Chic Quilt
Brief Description: I have faced my fears, mastered the confundus charm and completed my NEWT!  I started out sewing my curves the "right" way with pins and easing things together which took lots of time and patience.  It was taking me about an hour to complete 10 curves.  I thought, "There has to be a better way," and it turns out there is.  I found a video over at CraftyGemini showing how to sew curves with no pins.  I didn't end up buying the special presser foot but found that you can use any 1/4in foot with a blade (this is mine ).  This method works wonderfully and I was chain piecing blocks like a speed demon. 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #853 on: May 18, 2013 02:45:07 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Wonderland Bookmark
Brief Description: The first thing that came to my mind when we began studding cartomancy were the Queen of Hearts' card soldiers in the story Alice in Wonderland.  I found some great charms (a club, spade, heart, and diamond along with a queen of harts "card") that represented cards and added them to a rabbit, crown, and top hat to make a bookmark inspired by one of my favorite stories.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride
Project Name: Ravenclaw Tie Necklace
Brief Description: While I was looking for charms for my bookmark, I came across some charms that looked like ties.  I nabbed all three that the store had (just incase my plan didn't work on the first attempt) and painted it with alternating blue and bronze stripes of acrylic paint.  Once the paint was dry I added a coat of Mod Podge Demential Magic, which looks like resin when it dries.  I love that I can wear a small part of my Hogwarts uniform wherever I go.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #854 on: May 19, 2013 07:51:59 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #855 on: May 19, 2013 01:07:19 PM »

S.P.E.W. REVIEW

Happy SPEW SUNDAY, Students and Staff!

This week we have one project to acknowledge: Patty-O's Sweets for raising funds for girls to go to camp- Move over Honeydukes, these look delish!

A reminder that we have 12 days before the end of the ACCIO BOOKS drive by The Harry Potter Alliance. Get those books on the move... the bonus: ROOM FOR NEW BOOKS!!! *Muppet arms* YaaaaaaaaY!

The good staff at St. Mungo's has asked that I extend their gratitude for the multitude of supplies and funds received in the wake of the recent stays of both our headmistresses.  They request that any further donations be made to the local muggle hospitals- just be sure not to send any bewitched items!  The recent devastating tornadoes in Texas are just one of the events which could use a little magical intervention.  Do keep them in mind as you choose more stash busting projects for charity.

Finally, we wish to extend our condolences to Naantje and her family over the recent loss of her grandmother. She sounds like a remarkable woman and it's clear she will be missed.  

That's all we have for this Sunday, take care of yourselves this week and....

Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #856 on: May 19, 2013 06:16:41 PM »

Challenge: MAY detention
House: Gryffindor
Project name: Mei Tai
desc: The sister of the friend of a friend wanted a mei tai the same as I did for said friend. She made the request about 2 months ago.... I sat yesterday at my sewing machine and made it.

I'm sorry for not posting much- I'm not feeling very well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Eiseldora
« Reply #857 on: May 20, 2013 12:06:09 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean - Spinach
Project Name: Potluck Options
Brief Description:
I went to a period event this weekend. All times worn, eaten, and done were supposed to happen before 1600. Using the Food Timeline I researched which foods would have existed during that time.

I created a Spinach Salad with Pine nuts and Dried Blueberries, A Cheese Platter, and shared Olives.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013 01:12:47 AM by Eiseldora - Reason: fixing pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #858 on: May 20, 2013 04:46:43 AM »

Class; SoAR
House: ravenclaw
Project: Glory of you hoopla

Now, I know it's not advanced studies Friday, but I was away for the weekend and missed it.... I have 3 and a bit out of four letters done and I hope to be done soon Smiley
Here's letters one and two (I work from the middle out, so these are the middle letters...

Annnnnnnnd...
Newt Proposal!

NEWT Subject: SoAR
House: ravenclaw
Project Name: TM patch DVD case
Brief Description: So, like most Londoners, I live in a shoe-box, and correspondingly have zero storage space - so I have been re-organising all my TV box sets into those DVD folders you can buy on amazon - I love them muchly for there tidiness, but the actual folders are so UGLY!! So I plan on making a TM patch cover for it, with patches showing various 'runes' from my favourite TV shows. I started the first couple of patches, and I think the project should take me most of the summer because the case is quite big and so I'll need a lot of patches!   
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013 05:09:49 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
TrishaLouise
« Reply #859 on: May 20, 2013 05:15:13 AM »

Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, my name is Trisha and I am a craftaholic.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Studio Photography
Chris Ryan Talks About His Photo Studio
Top Photography Tips
How to Choose a Photography Studio Kit
How to Take Studio-Quality Pictures at Home
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...