A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 127828 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: April 22, 2013 06:52:31 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
tiamatfire
« Reply #641 on: April 22, 2013 10:14:10 AM »

Congratulations Pinkleo!  It's a great afghan!

Oh Patty_O, I'm impressed you didn't yell.  I don't think I'd have been able to contain myself Sad  Great cake too - I'd love to try it but I don't think a GF batter would hold up to rolling!

Maman, that's such a nice idea!  And your pony is great Smiley

Freakie, the shirt is really cute!  If you wanted to you could always put in a decorative lace panel or beaded panel if you're uncomfortable with the neckline. 

Eiseldora, that shawl is really nice!  I'm sure your MIL really appreciates it.

OK I'm antibiotic number 2 so who knows when I'm going to be healthy enough to take nice pictures with my pretty locket horcrux, so I'm going to take pictures of it laying flat instead so I can become a member of the order!

Challenge: Tom Riddle's Diary
House: Gryffindor
Name: Deconstructed/Reconstructed Vintage Apron

I did a picture diary of taking apart a vintage apron to use it as a pattern, and then remade it as a present!  I actually made two, one for my Mom and one for my sister, though that's really here nor there!

I found a really great vintage apron at the thrift store a few years ago, and luckily it fit me!  It was such a neat concept (a bib that flipped over your head and buttoned to the skirt in back) that I knew I would take it apart to make a pattern, especially since the original fabric was really worn, faded, and a rather ugly colour.  I finally decided to do it about a month ago (yes, it's been waiting that long both to get done, and then to get posted).

I then labelled seams with permanent marker, and started to seam rip, also taking off the bias tape wherever it interfered with deconstruction.  It was applied around all the edges over the raw edge as well as over the pocket tops.

Laying out the pieces on the new fabric, with marked darts, etc.

Sewn darts and hemmed and topped pockets.

Pockets sewn to skirt pieces.

Skirt pieces sewn in place to bodice.

Annnnd I forgot pictures of the last two steps - attaching the facing to the front neck and sewing the back to the shoulders. But here's the finished piece!

It's a little tight around the middle for my mom (it finishes as a 26" waist) so she's just adding a little loop to attach one side of the skirt to the button.  It fits my sister nearly perfectly though, although slightly long because she's short.

Challenge: Salazaar Slytherin's Locket
House: Gryffindor
Name: Evelyn's Scarf

I went back to work recently after my year of maternity leave, and I wanted to make something for my new office job that also wove in all my happy thoughts and memories of taking care of my daughter.  I knit this scarf during our last weeks home together, while she was napping, and while I watched her learn to run and while we read stories.  It's everything a locket embodies for me: a memory of a loved one to wear close to the heart.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #642 on: April 22, 2013 12:05:46 PM »

Great cake too - I'd love to try it but I don't think a GF batter would hold up to rolling!

oooo, challenge accepted.  I've got to try gf next! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #643 on: April 22, 2013 02:12:53 PM »

FreakieGeekie: I'm sorry that your Snape is being so difficult, how very like him.  Perhaps you could recommend that he wear a tea towel in support of House Elf rights? I bet he'd get in line then!

Patty-O- Oh no!! The kids must've felt so.bad. Kudos for you to be able to check yourself from responding instinctually. You're a good woman.

Everyone's assignments have been great, keep up the good work! It's been a while since I handed anything in bc I am knitting wedding favors for a friend- tiny wee Jayne Cobb hats (Don't tell Fox!) These Tiny pompoms may be the death of me.

Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #644 on: April 22, 2013 06:57:39 PM »

Ant Bee, it's funny that you mentioned giving him a tea towel because my dad suggested that. Said make Snape a House Elf instead of worrying about sewing his clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #645 on: April 22, 2013 08:57:13 PM »

Ant Bee, it's funny that you mentioned giving him a tea towel because my dad suggested that. Said make Snape a House Elf instead of worrying about sewing his clothes.

Great minds think alike! Smiley

And you know, you did complete the doll and that is something to be proud of. Just because he's being picky about his wardrobe doesn't take that accomplishment away.  Let him scowl in a corner for a bit until you feel inspired to do something new about his clothes. Crafting should be mostly fun, or at least not maddening to a great degree! And maybe you'll stumble upon the best fabric ever that just begs to be Snape clothes... then you will feel the fun of it again. Just a thought.

Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #646 on: April 22, 2013 09:23:49 PM »

Great minds think alike! Smiley

And you know, you did complete the doll and that is something to be proud of. Just because he's being picky about his wardrobe doesn't take that accomplishment away.  Let him scowl in a corner for a bit until you feel inspired to do something new about his clothes. Crafting should be mostly fun, or at least not maddening to a great degree! And maybe you'll stumble upon the best fabric ever that just begs to be Snape clothes... then you will feel the fun of it again. Just a thought.

Smiley

True. I have LOTS of fabric to go through so I should be able to find something to put him in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #647 on: April 23, 2013 05:19:01 AM »

i'm working on the accio books challenge. the books my kids have grown out of were an easy sort, even though we did have to reread and keep a few for sentimental reasons. the chapter books are a little harder.

How many copies of "harry Potter and the sorcerors stone" do we actually need? i upset my daughter when i used the cover from our most beat up paperback to make book marks. we still have 1 hardback copy, and 4 paperback copies. it's a bit of an addiction, i can't pass one by when i see it at a garage sale.

my daughter was reading "the order of the phoenix" and the cover was half falling off. it turned out that it wasn't our copy, she had started it at school, and brought the classroom copy home so she could read it on the bus. i hadn't realizes that teachers kept their own class room librarys in addition to the school library.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: April 23, 2013 06:40:19 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Hello friends!  Yesterday I was interrupted while updating my Witch of the Week post.  When one of my students came in to get some help on a project while I was typing it up, I hit "Save" and "Post" on my two open tabs, and forgot to add in the special note I had planned on including... 

This week, in addition to pinkleo being named out Witch of the Week for her Outstanding House Unity Afghan, I am also bestowing a very special "Honorable Mention" on Ant Bee, for all her excellent work on behalf of S.P.E.W. 

Each of us has different commitments in our lives, and different levels of time to allocate to charity work.  Whether you are able to spend all your crafting time on charity projects, or if you only spend a moment writing a cheering note to someone posting a S.P.E.W. project, your efforts are appreciated here.  Each week Ant Bee spends time cheering us all on, and I for one find her posts incredibly encouraging, in an often discouraging world.  The greatest weapon we have is love.  And the greatest gift we can give another person is hope.

Cheers to you Ant Bee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #649 on: April 23, 2013 06:43:34 AM »

How many copies of "harry Potter and the sorcerors stone" do we actually need? i upset my daughter when i used the cover from our most beat up paperback to make book marks. we still have 1 hardback copy, and 4 paperback copies. it's a bit of an addiction, i can't pass one by when i see it at a garage sale.

Hahaha! I have that affliction, too. Won't share how many "craft copies" I have stashed! I am working on my studies, I promise, and reading along as everyone adds great projects, and as soon as End-of-the-Year Exams are finished at our house I will be more involved. Great work everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kelsey Nixon Turns One Slow-Cooker Recipe Into Five Meals
One-Pot Skillet Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
4 Simple and Tasty Breakfast Sandwiches
How To Upgrade Your BLT With a Simple Twist
How to Make Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...