A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 114194 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #620 on: April 18, 2013 07:46:21 PM »

:::pinkleo settles in with a steaming cup of peace tea and magic quill.  With a quick swirl  & flick, the House Points Spell is cast....::::

@Ant Bee: Kiss for SPEW Alert.  These events have hit me hard.  And I happen to live fairly close to West and have friends there.  (Must add it is completely unreal to see Anderson Cooper in West...somehow makes me want to cry more Cry)  The community at this moment is overwhelmed with help & offers, but our high school is working with West High to see what needs will truly be needed and appreciated.  West is a part of our UIL district so we have played, supported, and connected with this wondrous community.  I will keep you updated on any needs I hear of.  At this moment they need and want prayers and requests have been made for those who can to donate to Red Cross.

@CraftLadyMJ: Cute lemon bag. Grin

@Eiseldora: Great collection of knitty magic Grin

@FreakieGeekie: Adore your joyful moogle hoopla!  And love your Level Up quote, MUST remember that for my hubby's next b-day.

@jennie: YAY!!! for finding a fisher cat charm! Grin  Your Patronus set is lovely!

@jillybeans: Sending an HPC HUG!  Happy to see in the halls! Grin

Maman: Way to go on making the team!  Hopefully I'll be joining you soon. Cool

@noodle-bug: Very Clever Divination! ...the binary code is a fantastic touch Cool

@pattyO: Your stamps are always so fab and clean....love, love, love this set! However, you have already found the Harry Potter Horcrux (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417363.msg4981146#msg4981146), and it cannot be found again. Undecided  If you would like to submit towards another class or challenge, just edit post and let me know. Smiley  (pssst....or if you wanted, you could change you can your Harry Potter aka Wingardium LOVEiosa Valentines with Slytherin's Locket, since Ron is in the bunch, and then you could make your stamps the Harry Horcrux...just a thought)

@PenguinSoup: Always gleeful to see your wandwork! Grin  Such a gorgeous hat!

@pottermouth: You cake decorating is truly magically!  Love the tat flash cake!  And OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! Shocked Your Girl with Kite Pincushion is AMAZING!!!!

@tia: Sending blessings for good health to you and your family!  Take care & get well soon! Kiss  Love all your work, but I must say the Spring Cloche is divine!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013 08:07:32 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #621 on: April 18, 2013 08:09:36 PM »

@pattyO: Your stamps are always so fab and clean....love, love, love this set! However, you have already found the Harry Potter Horcrux (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417363.msg4981146#msg4981146), and it cannot be found again. Undecided  If you would like to submit towards another class or challenge, just edit post and let me know. Smiley  (pssst....or if you wanted, you could change you can your Harry Potter aka Wingardium LOVEiosa Valentines with Slytherin's Locket, since Ron is in the bunch, and then you could make your stamps the Harry Horcrux...just a thought)

Doh  Roll Eyes  I thought I was sure that Harry was my last horcrux. Wanted to hurry and make something Harry to become a full hunter so did them fast just for that!  LOL..... *sigh* Sure, lets switch Harry and Ron.  And I'll go write lines on my parchment with my dunce cap on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #622 on: April 18, 2013 09:56:19 PM »

Challenge: Dentention in the Dungeons- April
House: Slytherin
Project Name: A little too sexy halter
Project Page Link:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422819.0
Brief Description: I have made clothes for myself before but never using my own pattern. So I drew up a pattern for a halter top. It came out a little more revealing that I wanted but I will still wear it (only when going out with the boyfriend because he is a creep deterrent).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #623 on: April 19, 2013 02:30:37 AM »

Class: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Doctor Who Wall Art
For the Doctor Who swap I crafted a set of wall hangings for my partner. I took fabric and applied a pattern in white fabric paint. I then glued the fabric to a piece of foam poster board to make it easier to hang on the wall.

For this class I made four panels that are symbols from the popular muggle TV show Doctor Who. On one we have a Dalek, one of the Doctors first and most famous adversary.

The second one was the Torchwood Symbol, the organization that originally was created to protect humanity from all alien life including the Doctor, but after they ripped a hole in space time Captain Jack Harnkness turned it into a organization used for only good.

The third panel took a lot of care and work to complete. I stenciled lettering onto this panel. Its a quote from the current Doctor. I decided to add his signature bow tie and fez to help identify the quote.

Lastly
Class:Flying
Project Name: Doctor Who Wall Art

The last panel features a Tardis, the Doctors Flying machine that can take him anywhere in time or space. Its bigger on the inside so it can transport many people/aliens. It also is allowed in Britain since its appearance is stuck on a British Telephone Box. We aren't sure why, but the Tardis is always appearing in Modern day Britain, and often in Cardiff or London. Someone mentioned once that their is temporal energy that charges the Tardis located in this spot, but we may never know.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013 02:36:23 AM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #624 on: April 19, 2013 02:35:49 AM »

Class: Study of Ancient Runes (SoAR)
Project Name: Shawl for Lorie
Description: My mother in law has cancer. She had it before when my husband was in high school, and she beat it. When it came back this time we were hopeful that she could beat it again. However she is currently struggling. Last Friday she was hospitalized again for breathing issues. They discovered that she has pneumonia. One of the side effects of her treatments is that she is always cold, so I wanted to make her something comforting and warm. So I am making her a few shawls. Her is the first one I have finished.

Class: Potions
Project Name: D20
I first met my husband in a Calculs class. He has always loved math. At the time he was just discovering Dungeons and Dragons, so he invited me to play in his campaign. When I think of love one of the things that comes to mind is multisided dice. Even though we don't play anymore he still loves to use these dice. He even has an app on his smart phone that will allow him to roll any sided dice. Sometimes it drives me crazy when he wants to roll a die to make a decision, but its part of who he is.

For the class assignment I stenciled a shirt with Dice outlines.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
AugustBell
« Reply #625 on: April 19, 2013 05:21:50 PM »

Here's an update on my OWL project. Poor little OWL blanket...she's been neglected. But I've pounded out a few rows this week  Grin

I've decided to make it bigger than my original plan. Can't wait to finish!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #626 on: April 19, 2013 05:34:37 PM »

~*Happy (a little late) Advanced Studies Friday*~

AugustBell, I love that granny ghan, especially the colors...

My OWL Update: I mentally pace, and crocheting calms my mind...so with all that has been going on, I have done LOTS of crocheting.  Here's the stack of squares I've completed so far...

My NEWT Update: nothing, zip, nada...Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #627 on: April 19, 2013 05:59:15 PM »

Best wishes for those dealing with trouble at this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grab a coffee

« Reply #628 on: April 19, 2013 11:27:26 PM »

Nice color tone! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #629 on: April 20, 2013 05:16:06 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Rolled Decorated Cake
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422866.0#axzz2R3DeiiT7
Brief Description:  Long wide cake, just like a flying carpet!  Decorated with a lovely flying carpet pattern and rolled for easy movability:  Flying carpet!  In cake form!

Project Picture:

rolled carpet side.  Filled with whipped cream frosting, fresh strawberries and blueberries
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Image Search Engine Walkthrough
Split Toning in Lightroom
How to Create Black and White Images with Photoshop
Photoshop Batch Processing
Getting a Straight Horizon in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...