A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 113765 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #600 on: April 16, 2013 09:02:05 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux - Harry Potter
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Potter Stamps
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: Thought I'd make some stamps to represent Harry.  His scar and glasses, hat, and his Nimbus 2000.  After I finished I placed them on my 9 year old's craft desk.  I bet it doesn't take long before I have a hundred stamped cards and things, lol.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #601 on: April 16, 2013 11:02:53 PM »

patty, those stamps are GREAT! It makes me want to make stamps again. We made a few stamps in my high school art class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell
« Reply #602 on: April 17, 2013 06:33:17 AM »

Jennie, I just adore your Patronus bracelet!! Love your patronus animal too...very cute and interesting creature.

Patty_o, the stamps are absolutely flawless! Gah, I wish I had those skills. Really, really fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #603 on: April 17, 2013 06:37:44 AM »

noodle-bug, your cards are so cool!

PenguinSoup, beautiful work on your hat. Very pretty!

jennie, the Fisher is most appropriate for your Patronus; they are crafty little creatures. Your charm reminds me of our carpet sharks (ferrets) and I miss them so!

Eiseldora, loving all of the knitted goodness, especially the Peeps!

patty_o, great stamps! I'm not 9 but I would stamp all the things with them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: April 17, 2013 07:04:31 AM »

Beautiful stamps patty_o!

@pottermouth & @AugustBell: Thank you ladies!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #605 on: April 17, 2013 04:45:41 PM »

Man, I so wish I could be more active, but I'm totally loving everything I'm seeing! I'm cheering on all my fellow Hufflepuffs from afar!  Hopefully I'll be able to contribute more in May.  This month was crazy with throwing a baby shower for my SIL and then my Hubby & twin's 30th B-Day bash last weekend.  As well as growing a human inside of me.  ^_^  I'm ready for a little break from the crazy!  I am, however, working on some shirts for my hubby.  Hopefully some of 'em will work out for an assignment!  I plan on getting some done this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
tiamatfire
« Reply #606 on: April 17, 2013 05:13:41 PM »

So that cold we got from our daughter took us all down hardcore: I have a sinus infection and bronchopneumonia, and hubby and daughter both have sinus infections and bronchitis.  We are all at home loaded down on meds and trying to rest!  This has given me some craft time, and time to post some things I've already finished.

ETA: I did manage to go back through and see everything everyone is done!  It's all just so amazing, I'm so sorry I haven't been able to comment.  I'm hoping I'll be more regular again with posting once we're healthy and adjusted back to work and daycare.

Class: Apparition
House: Gryffindor
Name: Travel tea set

I made a tea wallet and matching insulated cup holder, using these great fabrics showing kitties in Paris.  The diamond fabric isn't part of the set but matches perfectly!

Class: Transfiguration
Name: Bunny Prop

My photographer friend asked me to make her a little bunny as a prop for newborn photos.  I've been crocheting enough now that I thought I could try tackling amigurumi, and boy did this little guy turn out cute!  I'm going to have to make a half-dozen more I think.

Class: Charms
Name: Spring Cloche

My sister gave my daughter the most beautiful little rose-coloured pea coat, and she didn't have a hat that went well with the coat!  It's still very cold here (we're up to 15C below normal some days) so she needed a new hat to protect her little head from the wind and cold!

It's the Poppy hat on Ravelry, and the Irish Rose from 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet.

Class: Herbology
Name: Tiiiiiny chicken

Yes, yet something else from Teeny-tiny Mochimochi.  This time it's a little chicken for my friend's birthday.  Let me tell you, working on that scale certainly takes a LOT of care, especially getting the little embroidered bits right!.

I also have two Horcruxes finished, but I haven't got a picture of either final product - I sent the one home as a gift with my Mom, and the other is something I need to wear, and since I'm pale and sickly that won't happen until at least this weekend Wink

I also missed advanced studies Friday, so I thought I'd put up my progress.  My NEWT has a bit of another character (Jeremy Fisher) so it's moving slowly, slowly along.  Maybe it'll be done by her 2nd birthday Tongue  Or by the time baby number two comes along, since we're hoping to have another one sometime in 2014.

My OWL Patronus blankie is actually nearly done, I've done all the outlining on the characters and the tree, I just need to finish the borders and then bind it with ribbon blanket binding.  That'll have to wait because I'm not well enough to go out and buy any yet!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013 05:16:50 PM by tiamatfire - Reason: Add a line » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #607 on: April 17, 2013 05:52:46 PM »

Class: Potions
House: ravenclaw
project: Nommy caramel choc-chip cake pops
there's this stuff. I call it biscuit spread. It's... well, imagine peanut butter. Now replace the peanut with biscuits - those little caramel flavoured biscuits you get when you got out for coffee. Biscuit spread is awesome. It also has a cool emotional connection for me - because for a long time it was only available in Belgium, and, upon my telling a friend how much i loved this stuff that I'd tried on holiday, my friend drove from the other side of Germany to buy me some for my birthday. He is the BEST.
So now the smell of biscuit spread reminds me of equal parts nommy goodness and brilliant friend-ness. I would definitely smell that in a love potion Smiley
That same friend is one of my colleagues who I'm meeting in sweden this weekend, and it's his birthday in a couple of weeks so I made him some cakepops with biscuit spread in them
They are vanilla sponge, biscuit spread (in place of frosting in a normal cake pop. It's not so goopy so getting a good consistency took experimenting) and little candy cover choc chips, covered with white choc and sprinkles

Class: Alchemy
House: RA RA RAVENCLAW
Project: additional noms
This guys drives across whole countries to buy me snack-foods. You think I'd only make him one birthday cake? NO WAY!
taking a cake to sweden (ie on a plane) would be logistically difficult so I opted for more cake pops, this time triple chocolate fudge
chocolate sponge (that required chemically altering by baking), and chocolate fudge frosting, and chocolate coating (physically altered by melting) and sprinkles

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: April 17, 2013 06:46:28 PM »

Do you mean Biscoff Spread?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #609 on: April 17, 2013 07:21:58 PM »

Do you mean Biscoff Spread?
yes, basically Smiley That's a different brand, but it looks like pretty much the same stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
5 Kid-Approved 4th of July Treat Recipes
How to Make a Berry Delicious Dessert for July 4th
Brownie-Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
How to Make French Meringue with Plums
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...