A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,354
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 128006 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: April 04, 2013 07:08:03 AM »

Your afghan is going to be beautiful, FiberAlchemist! Love the color combo.

I love your garden markers, Moonflame! They are so springy!!

travelgirl - Love the lace sleeve! Ah...coffee love. I know it well. Wink

Maman - your pocket belt is SOOOO COOOOL!! Absolutely brilliant!

Oh! I forgot to mention that I love the new robes, pinkleo! Wink
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013 07:09:00 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #431 on: April 04, 2013 07:08:26 AM »

Popping in for a quick ((hug)) and hello! Grin  I'll be back later today for updates & approvals. (All Advanced Studies posted up to this point are approved, just in case you were awaiting word.)  Blessed Be! Kiss
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013 07:08:59 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #432 on: April 04, 2013 08:54:53 AM »

Class: Potion/ Gryff Xtra Crédits: Potions – Use any of the common potion ingredients in your craft.
House : Gryffindor
Link: http://demilunes.co/chai
Desc: One of the things I'd smell would definitely be some chaï. So I brewed some this morning and took pictures of the process and made a blog post for you all to see. Of course, cinnamon is part of the ingrédients I used Smiley
Picture:

Class: Gryff Xtra Crédits: Charms– Color Change Charm! Use more than one color in your craft
House : Gryffindor
link:http://demilunes.co/twillight-sparkle/
Desc: after rainbow dash, I made twillight, so more then one color. I used lilac, purple, raspberry pink, white and black wool to make her!

I'm still brainstorming for my Hogsmead project.... I can't choose a shop!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #433 on: April 04, 2013 11:11:06 AM »

Class: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Holy Stickpins, Sister!
Brief Description: This cute little nun planter has been hanging around with no real purpose, so why not a pincushion? Vintage planter+fabric+wool batting=something useful!

I've got a lot of catching up to do- everyone has been busy! Off to read all of these pages!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013 11:13:19 AM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #434 on: April 04, 2013 05:06:17 PM »

:::As her cauldron simmers, pinkleo grabs her magic quill & cast the points spell.:::

@Maman: Shocked You've been busy with your crafty spellwork! Cool  Fantastic crafty magic on your OWL; I think you have captured each element wonderfully.

@tia: Hi! We just celebrated my daughter's bday too!  We are happy anytime you can pop in...love the drive-by analogy.

SKooKum: ~*OWL Approved*~  YAY!  More MLP!  Can't wait to see what pony you choose to do.  Sending blessings of luck! Grin

@FiberAlchemist: ~*OWL Approved*~ & ~*NEWT Approved*~  I have that ghan pattern in my queue to-do; love the colors you have chosen!  And the quilt pattern you picked is gorgeous!  Sending blessings for LOTS of luck! Grin

@Moonflame: I think I have that organization project pinned...Way to go on crafting a pin!  And adore your plant markers!  And great tip about honey roasted peanuts! Cool

@travelgirl: Gorgeous Cozy!  The scent of coffee is presence in my Amortenia too! Grin

@pottermouth: Great pincushion!  I have a spot soft for pincushions!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

travelgirl
« Reply #435 on: April 04, 2013 05:35:32 PM »

@ maman - that pony is awesome I wish I could felt actual figures i'll i've ever managed is circles. I hear you on the trying to pick a Hogsmead shop there are just too many.

@ pottermouth - I love your project name, it made me giggle, and you've now inspired me to try to fit a pincushion into my homework this semester.

As for the pattern for the coffee sleeve there really isn't one.  I used this stitch pattern http://www.lionbrand.com/faq/518.html?www=1&lbc=&language= and just cast on 41 stitches  (8 x 4 +1) on dpns and just followed that until it was tall enough.

also it seems like I've had a lot of crafty time on my hands lately so I have yet another project to submit.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle studies
House: Slytherin
Project Name: First Dance song lyrics
Project Page Link (if available): I was heavily influenced by this shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/97878383/personalized-wedding-gift-anniversary?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=first+dance+lyric+art&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all
Brief Description: I've pinned I don't know how many versions of first dance lyric art on pinterest and studying muggle music this semester is the perfect push to actually try to make my own.  I took the lyrics from our first dance at our wedding in a pretty font  and complained at the computer I don't know how many times for not just doing what was in my head. Then I printed out the lyrics about 500 times because I kept somehow chopping off important words when I went to trim the paper.  Finally it's all done and I have a piece of wedding related art to decorate our home. OH the song is  This Life by Ryan Huston and was actually the song our photographer used as music to our engagement picture slideshow.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SKooKuM
Miss Sews-a-lot

Dance kitty

« Reply #436 on: April 04, 2013 09:09:56 PM »

@PinkLeo:  Who knows who I will make! It depends on what I have in stock. Need to destash so I can get more!!! (may be apple jack if I use fleece! I have so much orange and yellow)

OWL UPDATE:
So I finished my sketch of the pattern on a repurposed white table cloth (I was gifted a box of them!) So hopefully this turns out out. I used some freebies to reference, and also looked closely at the official plushies. So Pinkie, Dash and Flutter all sat very close by as I was sketching away!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps. Send a pm if you'd like to do a Harry Potter, Pokemon, BJD or Obitsu swaps.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kitsunestudios
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #437 on: April 05, 2013 02:38:11 PM »

Happy Friday!  I'm happy bc I have loads of unscheduled time overthe weekend to hopefully fill with the wonders of crafts! Weeeeee!  I haven't yet taken my advanced study project back out of storage, it's taking a back seat to some more time sensitive projects. But soon.... ssoooooonnnn....

I thought I'd get into the mood for the weekend my making some comments on the stuff posted since my last list of comments. So, here I go:

Pinkleo: I love the colors on the soap coat- thanksfor the link! It looks good for stashbusting.

PattyO: The marauders map is incredible!

Noodlebug: Snowing?! Good luck with the blanket- You can do it!

Jennie: Your badges are always so cool, I lovethe greenhouse one! Love the Alice bracelet!

CHuhes: That School crest is amazing! You are so talented!

TravelGirl: I lovethe idea of the matching stockings- House Stockings, if you will. Can't wait to see them.  The First dance wall art is sweet and I love the cup sleeve- Go Slytherin!

Maman: Those cabled owls are adorable! Great idea to do it sleeveless, it gives it more opportunities to be worn. Smart! The Utility belt is a great idea, and I love the cuddly cute element dolls and fiber ponies...

Moonflame:  Those cuffs are a great project for the flying prompt and I love the clock paper on your clever magnet calendar.

SkooKum: Good luck with the OWL- Go Slytherin!!

FiberAlchemist:  Oooh, I love the colors you chose for your projects, good luck!

FreakieGeekie: Yay Snape! He will be so glad to not be naked anymore!

Pottermouth- that pin cushion is a great idea! If I found myself in need of pins more often I would totally copy you, I have a vintage planter that's been looking for a revamp but I've not come up with a useful-to-me idea yet.

Hooo! I think that catches me up to date... Now I'm gonna go counsel my yarn into choosing its next path in life... blankets? Hats? What about one of those nice soap coats? Hmm? ...

Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Moonflame
« Reply #438 on: April 05, 2013 03:37:40 PM »

Challenge: Lemon Bean
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Lemonsong
Project Page Link (if available): http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/ht/gelairfresh.htm
Brief Description:Gel air fresheners!  Sometimes my potions go awry and the whole dungeon needs freshening.  Since I also make soap, I have a lot of fragrances lying around.  I used Honey Lemon Ginger to make these air fresheners.  The dungeon is smelling better already, and I think I may just avoid getting detention from Snape! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #439 on: April 05, 2013 03:39:59 PM »

Ant Bee, yes, SNOWING! And again yesterday - in APRIL! And that's in central London, where our layer of pollution usually keeps us too warm for snow in all but the harshest mid-winters.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 1
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 2
How to Make Homemade Stuffing, Part 2
How to Make Roasting Sweet Potatoes
Super Bowl Party Ribs Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...