A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 128411 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: April 03, 2013 10:12:12 AM »

I've been thinking about OWLS and NEWTS for a while now and I think I have made my decision.  I've chosen an OWL that can be worked on in front of the television (I've become quite fond of muggle television and movies) and a NEWT that will keep me tethered to the sewing machine.  I think this will make for a nice combination of projects.

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Transfiguration, Option 1
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Wind Chime Afghan
Brief Description: Being a long time knitter, crochet has always intrigued me.  I've learned some basic stitches over the years but have never attempted a large scale project... until now!!  I've amassed a large quantity of yarn and will attempt simultaneous vanishing and conjuring spells to make a colorful striped afghan.  My goal is to complete it in three weeks with a finishing date of April 27.  Here is a pic of my yarn stockpile

NEWT Subject: Charms
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Tres Chic Quilt
Brief Description: I taught myself to quilt about three years ago, since then I've made many quilts but have always strayed away of anything with curved seams.  They have always seemed so confusing to me (I mean how are you really supposed to get those seams to line up!!!), so I've decided to break out my wand, charms textbook, and sewing machine to master the confundus charm and make some great curved blocks.  The pattern I'm using is from the March/April issue of Quilty Magazine; but instead of black and white I've purchased Kona white and Kona tangerine to make my quilt.  I'm planning on a tentative completion date of May 11.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #421 on: April 03, 2013 11:28:39 AM »

Class: Arithmancy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:Tray organised (^_^)
Project Page Link (if available): You can find all kinds of stuff like this on Pinterest.  I just did my own thing.
Brief Description: This required the addition of 2 parts - the tray (a Dollar Store cookie tray, which I altered with scrapbooking papers and some pinstriping tape we happened to have lying around), and magnets.  I made day of the week magnets to go down the side, and then magnets for each activity we might encounter during the day - soccer for youngest, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Venture Crew, Dh and my soccer, older 2 working, & martial arts.  I can make a lineup on each day showing what to expect at a glance so if other things crop up I can better remember what's do-able, and what's not.  For the activity magnets, I printed out images, stuck epoxy dots over them, cut them out, then glued them to magnets.  For the days of the week, I simply stuck a sticker to scrapbook paper, cut it out, and Mod Podged it to the back of a flat glass stone, then glued a magnet to it.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Moonflame
« Reply #422 on: April 03, 2013 11:36:10 AM »

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:
Project Page Link (if available):http://www.craftjr.com/garden-craft-plant-markers-free-pattern-download/
Brief Description: These garden markers are very bowtruckle-y indeed!  In fact, I nearly got bitten when I was harvesting the twigs for these.  I cut them from dead branches, but the 'truckles got a bit snippy anyway (I think I was just too close to their tree), and I had to toss them some honey roasted peanuts to placate them.  (They will eat honey roasted peanuts in lieu of wood lice in a pinch.)  The beads are my own addition, because why not? Cheesy
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Moonflame
« Reply #423 on: April 03, 2013 11:37:40 AM »

MamanTattoo, your elementals are adorbs, and the Waldorf dolly is gorgeous!

FiberAlchemist, those shades are beautiful together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #424 on: April 03, 2013 01:48:38 PM »

I finished my swap items! Now I can finish Snape! **runs off to work on him**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

travelgirl
« Reply #425 on: April 03, 2013 02:05:37 PM »

@ moonflame those garden markers I really cool I might have to do something similar for my garden this year

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
House:Slytherin
Project Name: lace coffee sleeve
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: while I was brewing Amortentia I was faced with the overwhelming scent of coffee so I decided to whip something up for my next visit to my local coffee shop. Thus this new lace knitted coffee sleeve was born so now I won't burn my hand as I immerse my self in my one true love coffee.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #426 on: April 03, 2013 02:25:33 PM »

Way to go and Congratulations Gryffie of the Month chughes! Grin
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013 02:26:24 PM by pinkleo - Reason: why yes, I did change my robes...thanks for noticing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #427 on: April 03, 2013 08:07:05 PM »

Challenge: Dentention with McGonnagal - Gryff Xtra crdits: Alchemy Use a material or tool that starts with any letter in NICOLAS FLAMEL: F for Fabric! Cheesy
House: Gryffindor
Project name: pocket belt for ME!
desc: I've jumped on the occasion to make something for myself and tried my hand at an utility belt. I think I will use it a lot since I never wear anything that has pockets and I hate purses!!
pictures:

This is the back and one side. The kids helped with the eyelet, they love hammering! Tongue
Sorry no action shoots... I was in pyj and all, and with the belly it doesn't look that pretty....

Challenge: Arithmancy/ Gryff Xtra crdits: Apparition Use a destination, determination, or deliberation in your craft.
House: Gryffindor
Project name: Invites for my in-laws 25th aniversary Smiley
desc: I designed on the computer the back and the front of those invite to send to my guy's huge family. He got both design printed at school and I cut them all even tonight. The back hold the information as to where/when/how much and the rsvp address. Smiley
I'm using destination in this craft since they will all be mailed Cheesy!

edit: I thought you might like to know what's written on it, you non-french people:
We are pleased to inform you that after 25 years of mariage, France & Serge are still crazy in love Cheesy

I love the pattern you chose, Fiber! And those colors... it's going to be pretty Cheesy

Moonflame, I LOVE the twigs! Very nice and unique design Smiley

lovely cozy travelgirl Smiley I have another hot beverage smell in my amormentia potion, so it would fit me too Smiley

Congrats Chughes, very well worth it! those shoes were amazing!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013 08:15:07 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Jane2
« Reply #428 on: April 03, 2013 08:28:22 PM »

Great work!
And oh, what a beautiful pattern !!

That's a hint - asking where you got the pattern from.
(Although I am quite serious about your knitting being good.)

Please ... where can I find the pattern?
(Or, if it's not already online somewhere, you are going to write it out for me and send it to me - right?)

Sigh - perhaps I should just find a stitch collection and make up one of my own?

Jane2 here on craftster
(Janey on knitting blogs.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #429 on: April 04, 2013 06:13:38 AM »

Travelgirl, that coffee sleeve is sooooo pretty!  It must feel cosy in your hands, too. Smiley

MamanTattoo, your pocket belt is a great idea!  I hate carrying a purse, too, and never do.  I love how you mixed the fonts on the invites.  They look amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Test Lab: Gimme Brow Review
InstaMakeover: The Ultimate Party Hopping Makeover
Rad Nail Art For The Holidays
Beauty Quickie: The Lazy Girl Way To Master Nail Art
How to Pair a Smoky Eye With a Bold Lip
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...