A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 114086 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: March 24, 2013 08:37:15 AM »

Another note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Hello friends!  I am back from my trip, and thrilled to be home.  Sadly, I've come down with a bad case of Dragon Pox, and so I probably won't be around much over the next few days.  I was so excited to see all the projects I missed this week, and I am looking forward to going over them in more detail later, and offering my congratulations on all your hard work.  For now though, the Healers say I must return to the couch with a tisane of chamomile & mint, and some cinnamon toast.  Cheers to you all!  Smiley

P.S. I almost forgot!  I brought you all back a goody from my trip!  I had the good fortune to be able to study some of the magical history & work of Eupraxia Mole, a former Headmistress of Hogwarts.  I will be presenting the results of my studies to you later this week, but in the mean time, here is a CFC for you all!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013 08:59:30 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #331 on: March 24, 2013 09:03:48 AM »

Welcome to this week's:

SPEW REVIEW!!!
[/color][/b][/size]
This week we have 2 SPEW project posts to report.  Leading the pack in project posts is our peerless Headmistress with yet another collection of quares for her pet organizations Pine Ridge and Knit-a-Square. Great work, Pinkleo, thanks for another positive energy week!

The other project post is my own with the baby bunny hat for the NICU- that get's a Slytherin charity craft on the board.

Keep your eye out for ways to destash and help out the good witches, wizards and muggles of the world as you craft your Springy hearts out!

Happy Spew Sunday everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
tiamatfire
« Reply #332 on: March 24, 2013 11:39:30 AM »

Great shawl, earrings, and poncho guys, and feel better Jennie!

I am handing in my OWL, the party went great and I finished the final piece just in time - her cake!

Class: OWL - Care of Magical Creatures
House: Gryffindor
Name: Little gnome birthday

While hiking one day, I discovered a new species of gnome - it turns out that many muggle fairy tales don't portray an ideal picture of gnomes unlike our own ugly rude garden gnomes, but in fact show a shy and previously unseen species that live in little toadstool houses, have happy families, wear pointed hats, and like to live in the woods!  My girl is pretty cute and tiny herself, so I decided to imagine her as a little gnome for her birthday, with butterfly and birdie friends.

You can see the previous pieces I finished here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420911.msg5004158#msg5004158 and here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420911.msg4995849#msg4995849.  There's party hats, a birthday banner, a little dress, a wreath, and invitations.

The last piece I finished was her cake:

I haven't decorated a cake in at least 15 years, so I'm pretty happy with it!  I need some practice though, there's still gaps between the little stars in some places.  I took the design from some onesies I'd seen around, and drew it out myself on paper as a template.

Action pictures!

OK enough gratuitous photo postings!

And now to propose my next OWL:

Class: OWL - DADA
Name: Patronus baby blankie

I bought a fabric panel back in October that has the animals that would likely be both mine and my husband's patronuses - owls and squirrels.  I will be quilting it to a minky backing by outlining all the major parts, then binding it to make a blankie.  I expect it to take at least the three weeks, especially because I go back to work in two weeks *sadface*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2013 01:00:05 PM »

Everyone's advanced studies are looking so great! I love seeing progress pics!!

jillybeans - your salted caramel yummies look amazing!

CraftyLadyMJ - That poncho is so perfect for spring!

patty_o - AH! Love the peeps!!! Perfect rendition.

tia - your little gnome is just too cute for words!! Great OWL Smiley

I'm pretty psyched I get to display that awesome badge, jennie. Thanks Wink

I hope everyone feels better soon!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #334 on: March 24, 2013 05:32:15 PM »

OH my goodness, so many wondrous progress & projects! Shocked  I'll be back later with my quill & spell. Grin

@jennie: Glad you're back, and :::squeee:::, I don't have that CFC yet...THANK YOU! Kiss  So terrible to hear you've come down with dragon pox.  Take care, rest, and relax!  Hope you feel better soon!

YAY SPEW Sunday!  I just so happen to have a project ready to go.

Class: Flying + SPEW
Charity: Afghans for Pine Ridge
Gryffindor Extra Credit: Flying-Use the color blue in your craft
Project Name: Handy Dandy, Reducio Carpet
Brief Description: Thank goodness for the Reducio & Engorgio spells because they make everything a breeze to travel with and stow.  In fact, I reducioed the flying carpet I just created for my teen...he has been dying to fly his own carpet for ages....fingers crossed he doesn't lose it.
Project Picture:

as you can see, it is a manageable size of 12" Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #335 on: March 24, 2013 06:32:28 PM »

Yay Quidditch!! Please snatch your badge on the Griffyndor bulletin board

Tia, your little girl is so precious! Love the action shots, and it doesn't seems like you haven't decorated a cake in year, you're far better than me!! Cheesy And I can't wait to see your OWL. Owl and Squirrel, yay! I wish you the best on getting back to work, though....

Congrats Abbee!!! You so derserve the title Cheesy I have pictures of Merrick inside the trunk, if you want to see! hahah! Not only they are playing with the trunk all the time -they used it a a dinner table tonight!- But Mariann also decorated the BOX in which in came home with princess foam stickers and offered it to her brother as a pretend boat! Thanks again for the great gift(s)!! Smiley
Again, I should be done with my secret NEWT in the beginning of the week Cheesy

Patty, those earrings are so much fun!!

CraftyLadyMJ, perfect casting of the weather spell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Helcura

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #336 on: March 24, 2013 08:26:42 PM »

I LOVE that color combination!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 24, 2013 11:06:54 PM »

All afternoon and evening has been about spring cleaning my craft area. I actually manage to clean out twelve drawers, the top off of the carts and label eight drawers.  Tomorrow evening I will have another go at it, but for now Im going to catch up on some crafty web news and work on a class.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans/Soap
House:Hufflepuff
Project Name: A Bar of Soap & Washcloths
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:  I crocheted three round washcloths and one bar of soap shape washcloth to help with the cleaning. I used leftover scrap yarn for this project.
Project Picture:

Tiamatfire@ I love DIY Brithday parties, and cake. Cute baby pics and adorable party accessories. 

Jenleahlynn@ Great tie dye sweatshirts and pants.

MamanTattoo@ Adorable little water element.  I started with an industrial sewing machine and yeah it was hard to use. Controlling the foot pedal was part of my main problem, but now I use a home machine.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the poncho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2013 05:56:02 AM »

Lovely washcloth, Tia. Somehow I really don't know what to make for the BB challenge so far!

Here's my little men taking a "bath" Smiley

I did major progress on my NEWT yesterday night!! Now I need to find another box as the one I have is now too small Smiley I'm to the point where I could send it as is, but I keep on adding!

And my Elemental OWL will likely be done today! Smiley everything is sewn and closed, and I need to knit the cords for arms and embroidery the eyes and mouth and I'm done Smiley
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013 06:01:31 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #339 on: March 25, 2013 12:23:50 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts ~ SOAP
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Lavender Hand Soap
Project Page Link (if available): recipe here~ http://homemadeglamour.blogspot.com/2011/12/4-for-year-of-soap.html
Brief Description: Had a ton of "engorgio-ed" soap leftover from last last years Harry Potter party.  (Did you know that Ivory soap puffs in the microwave?- yeah cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1hzatoE1tg) So I've been slowly trying to use it all half and half with felsnaptha for my laundry soap, but figured since I just made a five gallon bucket of laundry soap I won't be needing it for a while.  So here's it made into hand soap.  I added a touch of purple food coloring and lavender essential oil to it.  It's very thick, like slime thick so I could probably thin it out with a lot more water, but for now I've filled my old containers and will call it good.
Project Picture:
Engorgio'ed Ivory soap flakes.  Seriously like four dice size cubes will fill up a paper plate.  ~Her bday party from last year making the flakes.

~It's all puffy and is really brittle, so you don't have to grate the soap.  I'm all about skipping steps...  I didn't really know how much was a whole bar so I just tossed it in and called it good.

Made soap complete in containers:

It doesn't make great bubbles by itself, but it seems to be okay when you thin it out with some water in a hand soap foamer.  Or just tell yourself that bubbles don't equal clean, soap equals clean.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
High Resolution Photography Part 1
Bowens Lighting
Printing Photographs
How to Buy a Bridge Camera
Photography Devices News
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...