A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 115310 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2013 11:26:26 AM »

Lovely placements
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2013 03:35:45 PM »

Sadly, I had no matching accessories, so I whipped up this necklace and earrings set that morning. 

Hahah! Isn't that always the case? You do something for a living but never had it for yourself? This reminded me of when DH and I owned a pet shop and would go home after 10 hours only to discover we were out of dog food.  Tongue These are beautiful pieces, jennie, and I am so glad you purchased your embosser because I love to see what you've created. I want those Elven earrings! Very pretty.

tia, I love, love vintage little girls' patterns. It's too bad we can't dress them like that all the time. Can't wait to see the finished dress!

jenleahlynn, your watercolour is great!

Ant Bee, you got a new Slytherin!

SiakelA, Pigeon is a favourite here, too, and we love Elephant and Piggie. Isn't kid art the best?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2013 06:12:44 PM »

@Audania1: Super YUM!!!  I am definitely, definitely getting all the makings for this for next week! Grin

@Abbee: Kiss for fab badge & CFC!

@Maman: Take care of yourself...REST & RELAX!  Your OWL is looking amazing! Grin

@jenleahlynn: such a lovely drawing

@tia: YAY!!!! GF!!!!!!!!  I could kiss you! Kiss  Your GF biscuits will go perfectly with Audania's herby chicken & potatoes.

Knitting assignments sure take forever the muggle way...
This is true for me as well.  ((HUGS)) 

@pattyO: mmmmm....perfect way to celebrate pi day!  And your hairbows are charming! Grin

@travelgirl: Welcome to Hogwarts!  I'm thrilled to see you jump right into the your classes, and I could almost hear the Slytherin Den cheers all the way at Hogsmeade. Grin  Help can always be found at Hogwarts; if you ever have a question, you can always PM me, PM your HoH, Ant Bee, or ask your question in the thread (our staff & students are extremely helpful).  Now, to your homework....I absolutely adore your placemats, so colorful and looks like something you would find in the Burrow.  And your twilight cross stitch is AMAZING!!! Shocked  I love that muggle tale to pieces! Grin

@pottermouth: Way to go on finishing your NEWT!!!  That is one wicked awesome quilt!  Your NEWT Examiner will pop in with your certificate soon. 

@jennie: What a gorgeous array of wondrous jewelry!  I can't even pick a favorite because they are all so lovely!  And WOWZERS!!! Shocked  You certainly have been practicing your Geminio spell  (that or you have a Time Turner stowed away)..just WOW! Shocked

@SiakelA: You've been busy; I adore all your projects.  Your DADA has me all smiles! Grin  And your Charms looks delish! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2013 06:19:26 PM »

~*Congratulations pottermouth*~
The NEWT Examiners are proud to present you with
your Muggle Studies NEWT Certificate

Well done on completing your Muggle Studies NEWT!  
You are now free to further your Advanced Studies by proposing another NEWT.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2013 06:40:46 PM »

Hahah! Isn't that always the case? You do something for a living but never had it for yourself? This reminded me of when DH and I owned a pet shop and would go home after 10 hours only to discover we were out of dog food.  Tongue

Yeah, I also run a costume shop where I alter clothing to fit people properly.  Do you know how many of my pants are 1" too long?  All of them.  I don't hem or alter anything for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2013 06:52:01 PM »

"Didn't headmistress mention surprises?" you say.
...well the first is a Chocolate Frog just for you! Grin

Wait let me peek to see what card you got...

Dang it!  Your frog hopped right out the window Undecided
...oh well, at least you still have the CFC...
It looks like you got....

~*Bertie Bott*~

The second surprise will be revealed tomorrow!  Until then, blessed be! Cool
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013 06:54:09 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2013 04:39:15 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean: Bacon
Brief Description: A big part of my work is with mental health and using my creativity to create therapeutic experiences. For one of these experiences I planned a tea party because the people I work with had never experienced something like that. I had a whole fancy menu planned but at the last moment before I had prepared most of the treats it got rescheduled, But what was in the oven when I got the text that we had to cancel was some homemade feta, herb, mini quiches with baby spinach.
Project Picture:

I actually did this on Thursday, but I have been super sick and this is the first time I have had to post anything. Hope it's not too late!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2013 04:51:59 AM »

I wanted to post these with my previous post but the pic uploader did something weird  Undecided Anyway, I have been working on an Alchemy OWL forever now and I have floundered around trying to figure out a style for the whole collection of art work so that it would be unified. I came up with some sprite like element babies that I posted pics of last semester and I was happy with those, but then I wandered in the dark for a while coming up with some studies like this:

After doing that kind of thing I finally hit on a direction I am going to stick with stylistically for the series. Here is a peek of what I came up with:

There are many times I thought of abandoning this OWL or pausing it and doing a different OWL and then coming back to this as a NEWT because it has become so much more expansive than I thought it would be, but the whole reason why I proposed this OWL was to practice discipline in following through with projects. so I am sticking to it!

One other note, I apologize that the Professor of Alchemy and DADA has been away from her office for a while, she has been seen by Nurse Pomfrey and has had to rest but she will catch up as soon as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2013 10:33:27 AM »

:: The common room is suddenly bright when Slytherins notice the head of HoH Ant Bee popping out of the fireplace::

Good afternoon, students,

So very sorry that you haven't heard much from my office this week, I received an urgent family owl that needed dealing with immediately.  I'm still out off property dealing with this situation but wanted to welcome our new student, Travelgirl who shared her fabulous placements (want!) and cross stitch projects- Welcome, welcome! I know you students will make her feel right at home here in the cool green light of the underwater world of the Black Lake. I also want to share my pride in the projects you have all posted over the last week.  Well done, Slythees!

If you need to reach me you should please feel free to send an owl, and of course your fellow Slytherins are full of helpful wisdom and encouragement as well.

Enjoy your crafting and the coming of the first day of Spring later this week- I'll be posting again within the next few days and look forward to seeing all your fabulous achievements!

Good Day!

::The head in the fire looks about smiling at her students then disappears with a POP!::
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013 07:18:54 PM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #259 on: March 17, 2013 10:39:45 AM »

Welcome once again to...

SPEW SUNDAY!!!
::Waves arms in a muppety way as she runs around the courtyard::

I will be back hopefully later tonight to post some pics of my own as well as list out the projects we've seen this week which have been posted under the charitable SPEW heading.  In the meantime I do hope that you are looking for ways to meet class assignments while doing a little good in the world- that's a magic of it's own kind!

This week I see only one student posting under the SPEW header and that is... You guessed it: Pinkleo!  Way to go, Pinks!

Gryffindor seems to be leading the SPEW Crew this semester... will the other houses make a play for the SPEW Crew title of Most Charitable Crafters? It's too soon to tell, but I hope we get a heated match going.  (Speaking of heat, heated rice body warmers would be a great project for SPEW... just an idea...)

Thanks for understanding my need to be AFK for a bit- family owls cannot be ignored. At least not with good outcomes, anyway.

Happy Crafting!!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013 07:24:52 PM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Lampanelli is Funny
Mark Palmer and Scott Solder Talks About You Need This Book
Lucy Hawking Reveals Who She Admires Most
Cassandra Clare in Bryant Park Reading Room
American Subversive Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...