A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 127819 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2013 01:27:39 PM »

Welcome, travelgirl! I love those quilted placemats!so cheerful! And that cross stitch looks like it took forever! I love how we pick up projects and go "oh!i will be done with that In a week!" and then years later.... I did that before I got married. I started a cross stitch for me and my husband to be. What happened? 6 and a half years later and it's finally done. Not framed yet though...

I've finished a couple of things, but havent gotten pictures taken yet. I should have some up tomorrow though.

You guys are all doing amazing things! Tiamat, I applaud your use of cute vintage patterns. So. Adorable.
And omg pottermouth! Congrats! It looks fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2013 01:41:39 PM »

for my 2nd owl, i am continueing my studies in watercolors. this time of my daughter. i found a book at out library with several detailed lessons in it. i'm not following them exactly, but i am picking up some new techniques. i did 2 studies, the first one i started with a base color that was wayy too dark for my girl. so the second time around i started very pale and i was happier with the results. i also played around with removing paint with water and a paper towel or a dry brush to create textured areas in the fur collar.

i'm loving the pinks and blues, i still need to play around more with my paints to get comfortable doing the subltle details on her face.

spew work in progress- i'm really excited. tonight is our annual church ladies sleepover. we are packing boxes to send to college students, and people serving in the military. i made a bunch of cards to include as well, inspired by operation write home. one of the organizers sells stampitup, and was planning a card making craft, so we are going to include some of those cards as well. .... then pizza, a movie, .....cinnamon rolls in the morning.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2013 07:10:38 PM »

Wow, it has been a heck of a few days!  In the last 24 hours I managed to complete 18 in-progress charm bracelets, make 18 TARDIS necklaces, 10 TARDIS keychains, and 3 of the following 4 projects!   

Class: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Black Deco Necklace & Earrings

Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421573.0
Brief Description: A few weeks ago I posted about getting a new Vintaj BigKick Machine to make etched & embossed jewelry pieces.  After collecting lots of bits and bobs to use with it, including lots of paints and glazes, I finally dove into making an entire project with my new toy.  Sunday was DH's 30th Birthday, and I planned a party at his favorite restaurant with all his friends.  I even got a cute new top to wear to it.  Sadly, I had no matching accessories, so I whipped up this necklace and earrings set that morning.  The brass pieces are embossed with the Deco pattern, and then filled in with a black patina.  I sanded & buffed away the raised edges, and sealed the pieces so they won't discolor.  I was thrilled with how they came out, and got lots of compliments on it that night.  No one believed me when I explained how I embossed the metal, and when we went back to our place for drinks after dinner, I had to do a demonstration for our friends with the embossing machine!
Project Picture:

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Bacon
Project Name: Purple Night Necklace & Earrings

Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421573.0
Brief Description: This coming week is the United States Institute of Theatre Technology Conference.  It's a big deal for tech & design folks like me. I'll be driving up to Milwaukee with a friend on Monday, spend Tuesday in a Master Class on 19th Century Corset Making, and then Wednesday through Saturday at the actual conference.  (I'm really looking forward to the presentation on Katherine Hepburn's movie costumes!)  Usually I'm a pretty casual dresser, but since there will be so many costumers there, I usually try to step up my game when I'm there, with nice accessories and makeup, which I don't normally wear at work.  I got a beautiful new purple kimono top, but sadly I had no really impressive accessories to wear with it.  So back to the embossed jewelry!  The pendant is embossed with the Moonlit Night folder, and the earrings were embossed with the Distressed Textures folder (I think they look like falling stars).  The colors of the Patina paints are Ruby, Opalite, Amethst, Cobalt & Onyx.  I used a brass chain, and some vitriol crystal beads to pick up the purple/pink/ruby sparkle.
Project Picture:

Class: Astronomy
Project Name: Starry Night Earrings

Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421574.0
Brief Description: These earrings were inspired by Van Gogh's painting Starry Night Over the Rhone.  Instead of brass, they were made with the Vintaj Arte Metal, which is black when purchased, but is silver after sanding.  They were embossed with swirling bits of clouds from the Moonlit Night folder, and painted with Cobalt, Onyx & Sapphire before being glazed.  The beads are golden Swarovski crystals.
Project Picture:

Class: Care of Magical Creatures (CoMC)
Project Name: Elven Earrings

Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421574.0
Brief Description: These earrings were inspired by the Wand Trees inhabited by Bowtruckles.  It should be noted that Elves also guard the trees of their realms, and use the colors of the trees in the clothing.  These were made with Vintaj Arte Metal, coated with Emerald patina, and sanded & distressed to create age.  They hang from long gunmetal hooks.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2013 07:27:23 PM »

@tiamatfire: Your Gluten Free Bacon Cheddar Biscuits look lovely, and I'm sure Pinkleo will be adding them to her "GF Recipes" List!

@patty_o: You Pi Pies are adorable.  Smiley

@travelgirl: Welcome to Hogwarts!  What a way to jump in!  The placemats are so much fun.  I love how colorful they are.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or via Private Message to myself (Deputy Headmistress), our fearless Headmistress pinkleo (away on vacation this week), or the Slytherin Head of House, Ant Bee.

@pottermouth: Congrats on an amazing NEWT!!!  Shocked  (I'm guessing you get why I don't quilt as often as I might like to!  It can be such an ordeal.) 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2013 07:30:44 PM »

*sighs like Lavender looking at Won-Won*

I adore that purple set, it's just gorgeous.  I'd love to be able to make jewellery!  Maybe someday I can take a class.  Until now I will drool over yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2013 07:34:55 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pigeon Protest
Brief Description: My class discovered a travesty in the hallway! The Pigeon from Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! was pinned by his wing to the wall! Together, we all cast the Patronus charm to get rid of the locked cabinet and get him down!*
Project Picture:

We also got in trouble....but not too much trouble. Wink

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name: Stars on a string
Brief Description: After reading Ursa's sad story, I knew I had to bring her down from the sky. I charmed the stars into these buttons, and am wearing them on my wrist until I am able to turn her back into her beautiful self.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Bento for Spring!
Brief Description: I live in the Midwest, and we have VERY crazy weather here. In January, we went from below freezing one day to over 70 degrees the next day. It has been similarly up and down this month. So I created a bento with a cooling salad and warm pasta, so that no matter what the weather is I will be able to enjoy my lunch. Cheesy
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: Mug Warmer
Brief Description: My favorite smells are coffee and tea. Cheesy I was inspired to make this mug warmer, that even has the yummy smells stitched on. I did it in Slytherin colors to promote house unity. <3
Project Picture:

Also I have updated the Charms and Astronomy room post to give credit to our completed projects! Great job students!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2013 08:41:08 PM »

jennie, I think my favorite are the Starry Night earrings, but they are all lovely!

SiakelA, I love the Pigeon Patronus charm! Teaching 2-year-olds, that pigeon is a favorite character as mine as well. I wouldn't want to see him pinned up like that either! I can just imagine all the snarky comments he's making. Tongue

NEWT Update: I have 15 more rows to knit, and then I'll be done with the right leg of the first sock in my NEWT. Each pattern repeat I do goes a little bit faster, since there's 1 less cabled bit to do.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013 08:43:38 PM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2013 09:47:38 AM »

:::pinkleo whooshes in, wearing her Pygmy Puff tee, knee-high Gryffie socks, & wand tucked behind her ear, clutching a mug of butterbeer (also sporting a foam moustache from said butterbeer), and smiling from ear to ear:::

I'm BACK!!!! Grin  Though still a bit tipsy from closing down Three Broomsticks. Wink  I shall say I had the most magical time this week, but dang, I'm EXHAUSTED!!!

I missed y'all!  And I completely went into crafting withdrawal!  Luckily, I gathered TONS of ideas for the HPC. Cool

I will be back later today with my Magic Quill and House Points spell (and perchance a surprise or two Cool).

THANK YOU to Deputy Headmistress jennie for taking care of the students whilst I was away! Kiss  (I picked up a few items at the shops Cool  ...let it be known I wanted to buy ALL the things for you!!! Grin

Okay off to have a proper meal, tons of tea, and hug all my yarn.  Be back soon! Grin  Until then ((HUGS)) & blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2013 10:32:04 AM »

Welcome back my lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2013 10:34:59 AM »

Your OWLs are looking great tia and jen!

jennie - I love all your projects. You are a master with that Vintaj machine. I never even heard of it, but I am loving your jewelry.  Have fun at your conference! It sounds awesome!!

SiakelA - Your bento looks delicious and I love your mug cozy!!

The castle is happy to have you back, pinkleo! Smiley

jenleahlynn - sorry it's a little late, here's your badge for completing the Beater Quidditch Challenge!

Remember, to make the team, you have to complete all four Quidditch Challenges. And everyone can achieve all badges to make the team!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013 10:42:33 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will the Arab Spring Affect Films?
Bree Williamson on the Changing of the Film Industry
Behind the Scenes of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Watch, Pass or Rent Movie Review: The Ides of March
50/50 Film Mixes Comedy With Cancer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...